XIM Community

Let's talk about Sub-Configs. (Switchers) shall we?  (Read 12079 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk about Sub-Configs. (Switchers) shall we?
« Reply #30 on: 08:54 AM - 06/11/15 »
^ Well said, It's nice to see someone else chime in here. I was beginning to think I was the only one that even bothers with Sub configs. Returning to previous will definitely work better then the current settings, however, it still won't work as well as what I've suggested.

Someday... Maybe... I still have hope!  :P

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10:44 AM - 06/11/15 »
PegasusActual, before the switching forward rule was implemented if you were in a forward setting and then pressed the ADS key you would return to the ADS setting and then return to Hip. Imagine being in a vehicle with your vehicle setting active. As soon as you aim down sight to shoot something you leave your vehicle setting to ADS, then Hip and have to press a button to return to your vehicle setting once again and then never ADS again. It was very annoying. The forward switching rule fixed that.

RML, that was my suggestion as well a while back but iirc storage was an issue, it would have cut down on the number of setting pages and/or configs.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12:07 PM - 06/11/15 »
RML, that was my suggestion as well a while back but iirc storage was an issue, it would have cut down on the number of setting pages and/or configs.

Thanks for crushing my hopes!  :'(

If you've already suggested this (and it didn't happen), I'm pretty sure my opinion isn't going to matter much.

Two Questions -

1.) Can we get a rough estimate of how many settings we're talking about? Let's say we wanted every "Primary" to have Four sub settings and each sub has its own unique ADS setting. How many Primary's could we have stored on XIM4?

2.) What is the issue with allowing us the ability to dictate how many Primary's vs. Sub Settings we are allowed to set up and store on the XIM4? This option should please EVERYONE! I understand that you need to set some boundaries with subs. I believe the ability to create at least four with a sub setting of their own (I.E. ADS) would be sufficient. Primary, ADS - Tank, ADS - Turret, ADS - Jet/Heli/Whatever, ADS.

IMO, we could EASILY cut the current amount of Primary's in half. Is there really anyone that utilizes 24 Primary's? I would be happy with SIX Prime's if they all had four settings each. Currently the only reason I use more then SIX is to create multiple Primary's for the same games. With this fix I wouldn't need to do that anymore AND I would stop sacrificing a global button to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the fact that you guys are already working on changing this feature for the better. I'm just continuing to voice my opinion here.  :)

Offline redneckx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SpaceVarmint
« Reply #33 on: 03:40 AM - 06/13/15 »
I ran into some of these issues pretty quick when playing around with subs for Destiny and especially with Sparrow. I'm not writing this as a "what to do" so much as an "Am I doing it wrong?".

Anything that I macro into and out of "Sparrow is top of the list here", I set up an entirely different profile for with an activation key (hence the Macro). I ended up with about 3-4 working profiles at a time for the same game, but it seemed to suit my needs. It also gave me a guaranteed return-to-hip by using my (F1 as well) activation key for primary profile.

I can say that sparrow just seemed to fit like a glove with this method, but i think there was one more. I've been on video game vacation for a couple weeks so i don't recall exactly.

I was always curious, should I be using profiles in a manner that they are switched "real-time" in a game like sub-configs? Anything inherently wrong with that?

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08:47 AM - 06/13/15 »
Are you talking about mouse profiles?

Offline redneckx

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08:55 AM - 06/13/15 »
An entirely different copy of the game profile.

For my primary game profile (as of right now) the activation key is the same as jump.
For my sparrow game profile the activation is F1

When i load my sparrow macro if hits F1 at the end and changes to a profile that has only one config that allows only fire, burst, dodge left, dodge right (I think thats all the sparrow controls) and jump.

When i jump, i exit my sparrow and return to my primary game profile. Seems to work great, for that anyway. Never get stuck in another sub while on sparrow because there are no subs in that game profile.

Offline redneckx

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08:59 AM - 06/13/15 »
If this were a viable option to use (I don't know) one could use the X key for exit sparrow that way you wouldn't return to hip every time you jumped (if that's how it would work). You would only return to hip on reload.

I just used jump for testing this and I like jumping off sparrows and running them into my fire-team members :)

Real life friends of course. You wouldn't do that to a stranger.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09:22 AM - 06/13/15 »
Oh, I see. You shouldn't need a separate Profile "Primary" as I call it. How many Sub configs do you have with your Profile for HIP, IE ADS, etc, etc? And what order are they in?

Offline redneckx

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09:29 AM - 06/13/15 »
4 or 5 subs in the Primary, I think. I did run out at one point but I shaved them back. I just liked doing it this way much better than a Sparrow sub. Now that turn assist is in I have yet to reconfigure it all and try sparrow riding. I'll probably do that today so things might change quite a bit.

I also have two separate ADS subs. One for close range shotgun (or fast movers) and one for long range that lowers sens.

One of the finer points of the G600 MMO mouse is it actually has three "finger" buttons instead of two so I have fire and two different ADS mechanics there. Takes a minute to get used to but works well.

Offline redneckx

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09:37 AM - 06/13/15 »
come to think of it, I had to delete one ADS sub (the fast mover) and just use ADS in HIP for that because i was having a problem switching between them when needed.

It's been a few weeks. I kinda quit playing when the last DLC came out. Looked so good on paper but so repetitive in reality. And I wasn't fond of all the 3-man instead of 6-man themes either.

I've been trying to get motivated to give it another go, but its been two weeks since i logged on. Only reason I'm not on ESO right now is im waiting on the ST because I REALLY hate that game with a controller.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10:37 AM - 06/13/15 »
This one seems to be hard for me to follow, maybe it's because I haven't had coffee yet? Anyway you shouldn't need multiple primary configs for switching between hip and sparrow. Putting your two ads's aside your config could look like this

Hip->ADS->Sparrow->Duplicate Hip
       [RMB]->[Shift]->[E] (x2)

Activation keys:
ADS=RMB
Sparrow Setting=Shift
Copy of Hip=Reload/Exit Sparrow or "E"

You would only need to press E twice when exiting your Sparrow to be returned to your primary hip setting. It also might be easier being able to do this with keys that your hand is already near rather than moving to the F1 key to do it. Hope this makes sense.

Hip->ADS->Sparrow->"E"->Hip2->"E"->Hip
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline VITODATHO

• View Profile
Let's talk about Sub-Configs. (Switchers) shall we?
« Reply #41 on: 09:14 PM - 08/03/15 »
Is there a possibility that in future xim automatically will adapt each sub-configs to each situation? Maybe for som games,  later this year coms out ps4 keyboard and mouse is it positive for xim to automatically sub-config adaptation?
I love switching to mouse and discovering all that configuration setup but sometimes for somebody ist to much head braking ,I believe without this obstacles xim will find bigger audience and support.

I wonder are on pc gamers also using subclass configurations and different profile settings for one game?

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08:47 AM - 02/07/16 »
Any progress on this Team XIM? XIM5 maybe?

I haven't played a game in along time that needs it, but BF5 will be coming this year and there still are a lot of BF3, BF4 players out there.