XIM Community

(Xbox One) (Xim 3 + CronusMAX) vs (Xim 4)  (Read 4518 times)

Offline NorthernOtyg

• View Profile
(Xbox One) (Xim 3 + CronusMAX) vs (Xim 4)
« on: 09:50 AM - 05/28/15 »
Im trying to decide between keeping my old Xim 3 and buying a CronusMAX to make it work on Xbox One, OR buying a Xim 4.

CronusMAX is cheaper so economically its a no-brainer. BUT, to anyone who has tried both Xim 3 with CronusMax and Xim 4: Which is better, or are they basically equal in functioning such as lag etc.?

Offline Duke3d

• View Profile
Re: (Xbox One) (Xim 3 + CronusMAX) vs (Xim 4)
« Reply #1 on: 01:27 PM - 05/28/15 »
You're going to come to a product's forum and ask members of said forum if their stuff is better than somebody else's.

I think you know the answer you're going to get :)

Cost ain't always the best deciding factor.
sudo apt-get install GoldenPistol

Offline Biggage

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Gamertag: Atmo nS
  • PSN ID: Atmo_nS
« Reply #2 on: 02:09 PM - 05/28/15 »
I gave a buddy of mine my old Xim 3 to use with his Cronus Max. He plays on the Xbox One with no issues whatsoever. He doesn't notice any input lag of any kind. So I'd say to keep your Xim 3 and get a CM. I miss having my standard translator that the Xim 3 has actually. Not to mention the ease of changing settings and configs.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you go the Xim 3/CM route, you wont be able to chat in-game as far as I know. There isn't chat support for Xim 3 on XB1. But most people use Skype nowadays anyway.

You're going to come to a product's forum and ask members of said forum if their stuff is better than somebody else's.

I think you know the answer you're going to get :)

Cost ain't always the best deciding factor.

He wasn't asking if Cronus was better. He will only be using the Cronus as a way to hook the Xim 3 up to the Xbox One, as it currently isn't compatible. He was asking if he should keep Xim 3 or just buy Xim 4.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:26 PM - 05/28/15 »
XIM3 has the polling of the old Xbox360 while the next gen consoles use much higher refresh rates
so your movements arent perfectly synced + slightly delayed
in addition to that XIM3 doesnt get the next gen translators that on a sidenote are also synced to the new refresh rates

overall id go with the XIM4, if money is tight go with the XIM3 solution until you have the money for the XIM4 :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ELMTxVash

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vashectomy
« Reply #4 on: 11:38 AM - 09/01/15 »

One thing to keep in mind is that if you go the Xim 3/CM route, you wont be able to chat in-game as far as I know. There isn't chat support for Xim 3 on XB1. But most people use Skype nowadays anyway.

Actually if you have windows 10 you can chat from there now :3. I have a question for you guys... if i go the cronusmax route will i be able to use xbox one smart translators on my xim3?? like if there is a game that hasnt been released on xbox 360 therefore has no smart translator am i pretty much screwed or what?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:47 AM - 09/01/15 »

Actually if you have windows 10 you can chat from there now :3. I have a question for you guys... if i go the cronusmax route will i be able to use xbox one smart translators on my xim3?? like if there is a game that hasnt been released on xbox 360 therefore has no smart translator am i pretty much screwed or what?

no you cannot use Xbox One STs on a XIM3 as they arent released for it, XIM3 gets only Xbox360 translators
for games like CoD you can try using the Xbox360 translator on the XBox One but dont expect true 1:1 movements because the look mechanic can be quite different
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline ELMTxVash

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vashectomy
« Reply #6 on: 12:10 PM - 09/01/15 »

no you cannot use Xbox One STs on a XIM3 as they arent released for it, XIM3 gets only Xbox360 translators
for games like CoD you can try using the Xbox360 translator on the XBox One but dont expect true 1:1 movements because the look mechanic can be quite different
Any chance you guys will convert some over? i mean is it in a completely different programming language or something? it doesn't seem like it would be that big of deal to do

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:32 PM - 09/01/15 »
you need to ask that obsiv, but i doubt it will happen

without an adapter or Windows 10 you cannot use a XIM3 on Xbox One, so not a lot of users will make use out of this while the large share of XIM3 users will wonder why there are Xbox One translators on their XIM3 now which can create confusion when picking the wrong translator

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:43 PM - 09/01/15 »
Standard configs are the best. They are just natural to the game