XIM Community

20$ to the man who can get my CM+ to work with XIM4  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: 20$ to the man who can get my CM+ to work with XIM4
« Reply #15 on: 06:25 PM - 05/18/15 »
Of course will it give lag, each meter of additional usb cord or any other device you chain in between such as the CM/T1 will also introduce lag
The important thing is do you notice it!
Ahk scripts can run pretty much instant and the programmer of Xim Commander took care to have the best possible sync via usb to have no lag, but still you will have more lag than with just the PC
Therefore from that side it reached pretty much the optimum
I play my games with Xim Commander very often and havent noticed any additional lag compared to playing without it
(11ms monitor, best possible gear on the XIM)

However from a theoretical POV yes it means more lag, i cannot tell you though how much as no one tried to measure it yet

With the CM/T1 you might face much more lag though
Each console is polled to a different refreshrate, the XIM4 automatically adapts to that
I assume the CM does the same, now if both do miss each others refresh cycle just a bit you end up getting quite some additional lag and that doesnt even cover their process times for the movements being input that gets on top of that
Aiken took care that exactly this isnt the issue with Xim Commander
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
20$ to the man who can get my CM+ to work with XIM4
« Reply #16 on: 06:29 PM - 05/18/15 »
Since you wont get much scripting and ahk support here i recommend you to read into ahk or similar scripting tools first before choosing the Xim Commander route

The big plus of T1 is that its macros are already optimized to run smooth on consoles, this isnt necessarily the case with already written ahk scripts you can find in forums as they are all written for the PC

Therefore if you have knowledge with ahk or programming in general id go with Xim Commander, incase you dont then id go with T1
The Ximmers here that use T1s macros said they couldnt notice any additional lag
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #17 on: 06:32 PM - 05/18/15 »
i understand all of that. which is why i was curious when you mentioned a few things.

so your saying there is no lag having mouse and KB plugged into my pc with a belkin pc shareing cable attached to the XIM form the pc? i assumed all of that would give it some lag

I use steering wheels, fight-sticks and flight controllers on the T1 via a VMWare Win7 image running on OS X. Works great, no perceivable lag.

It's no doubt there, but it's far less than my internet connection and far more responsive than my reaction time, so why worry about it?

You're saving brain cycles by using mods / macros via CM / T1 / PC, thereby speeding the overall process, so it's all swings and roundabouts.

For me, the positives of chaining additional devices outweigh the negatives. A bee's dick of additional input lag isn't going to make much difference, if any, to my KDR. Ping matters. Input lag...meh.
« Last Edit: 12:32 AM - 05/19/15 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01:02 PM - 05/20/15 »
i understand all of that. which is why i was curious when you mentioned a few things.

so your saying there is no lag having mouse and KB plugged into my pc with a belkin pc shareing cable attached to the XIM form the pc? i assumed all of that would give it some lag

I use steering wheels, fight-sticks and flight controllers on the T1 via a VMWare Win7 image running on OS X. Works great, no perceivable lag.

It's no doubt there, but it's far less than my internet connection and far more responsive than my reaction time, so why worry about it?

You're saving brain cycles by using mods / macros via CM / T1 / PC, thereby speeding the overall process, so it's all swings and roundabouts.

For me, the positives of chaining additional devices outweigh the negatives. A bee's dick of additional input lag isn't going to make much difference, if any, to my KDR. Ping matters. Input lag...meh.

TitanOne arrived today

So i just ordered a IOGear 4x4 USB,  could ya please make a small clip of how you have it hooked up and use it? i have the XB1 controller battery less into the xim. xim into the xb1. atm im getting AU with one dot top left. 

do you know of any tricks i can do before the Switch arrives?

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #19 on: 06:43 AM - 05/21/15 »

TitanOne arrived today

So i just ordered a IOGear 4x4 USB,  could ya please make a small clip of how you have it hooked up and use it? i have the XB1 controller battery less into the xim. xim into the xb1. atm im getting AU with one dot top left. 

The T1 goes into the X1, after you get AU, just unplug the cable that goes into the Xim4 and then reconnect it back to the T1 (that's all the USB switch did was act as a disconnect and reconnect connection point).

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #20 on: 09:26 PM - 05/21/15 »

Just to be clear, the primary purpose of the switch is to share the Xim4 and 3 other USB devices, in my case Astro A50s and 2 USB sticks, between up to 4 consoles.

The switch has four cables on the back - these go into a USB port on your consoles.
On the front of the switch are four USB ports for your devices. Plug a USB cable from the switch to the T1. Make sure the USB cable can push data, a smartphone charge cable won't do the job.
Xim4 into T1.
Boot-up sequence.
Done.

The 4x4 also has a USB port for power, though I've never used nor needed it.

The T1 goes into the X1, after you get AU, just unplug the cable that goes into the Xim4 and then reconnect it back to the T1 (that's all the USB switch did was act as a disconnect and reconnect connection point).

Toggling between switch ports wouldn't be necessary if I didn't have multiple consoles connected. Simply unplugging and replugging the Xim into the T1 just loops the AU and it never progresses to 0. Toggling inputs has proven a reliable method for the console to detect the T1 and Xim correctly.  I have to unplug / plug the Xim to move AU from two dots to one, then toggle switch ports to move from AU to 0.

It also means I don't need to unplug the controller from my Xim to authenticate the T1, meaning less USB port wear and tear.
« Last Edit: 09:42 PM - 05/21/15 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin