XIM Community

20$ to the man who can get my CM+ to work with XIM4  (Read 4008 times)

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
i know there are members who have it. just looking for help
title says it.

what ive tried...

1. Plug CM+ into XB1
2. Connect XB1 controller to CM+
3. Authenticate XB1 Controller, then unplug the controller from CM+
4. Plug XB1, KB & Mouse into XIM4 - alternative have tried 360 wired controller in XB1 usb slot.
5. Plug XIM4 into CM+ (that is still connected to XB1)
6... profit ... no...

the CM+ cycles as if its not reading the XIM. it does power it.

BUT i know a mod or admin will say its their CM+ problem.

all input from the KB and M don't work. turned my droid app on.

when i plug it directly into XB1. all functions work and show up on my phone.
when plugged into the CM+ the KB M are disabled.
is that something XIM is doing on purpose?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: 20$ to the man who can get my CM+ to work with XIM4
« Reply #1 on: 03:55 AM - 05/18/15 »
I use a T1 rather than a CM, and a simpler methodology.

Controller (no batteries) > Xim4 > T1 > USB switch > XB1.

1. Turn on XB1 with controller while connected to Xim4. T1 displays A > U with dots in top-left and bottom-right.
2. Unplug Xim4 from T1.
3. Plug Xim4 back into T1. T1 displays A > U with dot at top-left only.
4. Click through USB switch ports from XB1 and back again.
5. T1 displays 0 with no visible dots. Ready to play. Works every time.

Plug a USB cable from the CM to a powered USB hub for more juice. That alone may solve your problem.
Also, try pulling the battery from the XB1 controller.
« Last Edit: 07:49 AM - 05/18/15 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:11 AM - 05/18/15 »
I use a T1 rather than a CM, and a simpler methodology.

Controller > Xim4 > T1 > USB switch > XB1.

1. Turn on XB1 with controller while connected to Xim4. T1 displays A > U with dots in top-left and bottom-right.
2. Unplug Xim4 from T1.
3. Plug Xim4 back into T1. T1 displays A > U with dot at top-left only.
4. Click through USB switch ports from XB1 and back again.
5. T1 displays 0 with no visible dots. Ready to play.

Plug a USB cable from the CM to a powered USB hub for more juice. That alone may solve your problem.

could you post pictures of exactly what your doing and the switch your using. i have the CM plugged into a laptop so it has juice.  a YT Vid would be alot of help aswell. it would suck if i have to buy another piece of hardware.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:16 AM - 05/18/15 »
could you post pictures of exactly what your doing and the switch your using. i have the CM plugged into a laptop so it has juice.  a YT Vid would be alot of help aswell. it would suck if i have to buy another piece of hardware.

I use the switch to toggle between PS3, PS4, XB1 and 360. It's more or less another disconnect / reconnect from the XB1, while everything is powered up.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:45 AM - 05/18/15 »

I use the switch to toggle between PS3, PS4, XB1 and 360. It's more or less another disconnect / reconnect from the XB1, while everything is powered up.

got a link to a good one or one your using? maybe a 3.0 switch? amazon is cluttered with random knockoff stuff all the time. want something that wont afect the setup negatively

Also what Firmware are you using on the Xim Beta by chance????  it seems to me like its a Xim problem... not allowing the inputs to function while plugged in. its odd..... the controll still functions unless its doing it wirelessly while plugged in with no batteries
« Last Edit: 05:19 AM - 05/18/15 by Puhz »

Offline Duke3d

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:17 AM - 05/18/15 »

So, without the CM+; it works.

Once you add the CM+; it does not work.

I'm not a mod or admin... so forgive me for saying this. Are you sure it's not the CM+ that is not/cannot function like you want it?
sudo apt-get install GoldenPistol

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 07:48 AM - 05/18/15 »
got a link to a good one or one your using? maybe a 3.0 switch? amazon is cluttered with random knockoff stuff all the time. want something that wont afect the setup negatively

Also what Firmware are you using on the Xim Beta by chance????  it seems to me like its a Xim problem... not allowing the inputs to function while plugged in. its odd..... the controll still functions unless its doing it wirelessly while plugged in with no batteries
I use an IOGear 4x4 USB switch. It's connected by USB from the 4 consoles to the switch. The 4 USB ports on the switch connect to the Xim4, an Astro A50 USB cable for PS3 / PS4 chat and two USB sticks for Save Game backups (4x4 = 4 devices shared between 4 consoles).

The cable from the switch to the Xim4 is 5m long, so I use a Roccat Apuri powered USB hub in the Xim4 mouse port to drive a Razer Ouroboros mouse (which doesn't otherwise work because it draws too much power), along with a Stinky Board and a couple of USB cables for charging devices. It's all USB 2.

Everything works fine on all consoles, except A50 chat on XB1 and 360 - I haven't configured it yet as I don't chat on XBL. As mentioned, I power the XB1 on using the controller, unplug Xim4, plug it back in, toggle the USB switch and it's ready to roll.

I'm not using the beta Xim4 firmware. I'd rather wait for the official release and see if there's any fallout on the T1 side before upgrading.
« Last Edit: 08:03 AM - 05/18/15 by antithesis »

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:21 AM - 05/18/15 »

So, without the CM+; it works.

Once you add the CM+; it does not work.

I'm not a mod or admin... so forgive me for saying this. Are you sure it's not the CM+ that is not/cannot function like you want it?

yes im trying to look into that. but there is a clear problem where Xim isnt letting the inputs do anything. which is odd. and id like to see if thats the problem

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:28 AM - 05/18/15 »
CM+ is cheaply reverse Engineering the firmware of T1 and its xim4 support, you therefore cannot expect it to work flawlessly

If you already offer 20$ for a solution id put the CM+ on Ebay and use the 20$ on top to buy a T1

Aside from that you can achieve most T1 features with xim commander and additional third party software too
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:30 PM - 05/18/15 »
CM+ is cheaply reverse Engineering the firmware of T1 and its xim4 support, you therefore cannot expect it to work flawlessly

If you already offer 20$ for a solution id put the CM+ on Ebay and use the 20$ on top to buy a T1

Aside from that you can achieve most T1 features with xim commander and additional third party software too

i ordered one last night just incase anyway. its odd you say that. i dont really know anything between the two. but i know CM came out before TitanOne. CM forums is littered with Titanone stealing CM+ Code.

are you sure you dont have both of those names in reverse?

as for your last comment. i thought xim didnt provide anything script macro wise. whats the third party software you speak of?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:34 PM - 05/18/15 »
Autohotkey is the third party software

The creator of CM splitted with the rest after a twist and founded T1, since he has all the knowledge the CM guys now reverse engineer T1
We have a topic running right now where this is elaborates, i cannot link you as im mobile but just click on my Profile and then my posts, one of my last 10-15 posts was in that topic
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #11 on: 01:40 PM - 05/18/15 »

i ordered one last night just incase anyway. its odd you say that. i dont really know anything between the two. but i know CM came out before TitanOne. CM forums is littered with Titanone stealing CM+ Code.

are you sure you dont have both of those names in reverse?

as for your last comment. i thought xim didnt provide anything script macro wise. whats the third party software you speak of?

He is right and you are right as well. CM stole\is stealing its code\updates from the T1 team and yes, Xim4 does not offer or support macros.

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:24 PM - 05/18/15 »
Autohotkey is the third party software

The creator of CM splitted with the rest after a twist and founded T1, since he has all the knowledge the CM guys now reverse engineer T1
We have a topic running right now where this is elaborates, i cannot link you as im mobile but just click on my Profile and then my posts, one of my last 10-15 posts was in that topic

ok up to date on that. wish i looked into it before hand.

as for Xim commander/AHK wouldnt that add to the lag that everyone says the T1 gives you even if its miliseconds?

whats better XIMC with ahk and the lag i dont know what or if it does. vs T1 and the pre made macros+lag. whats the better of the two?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:06 PM - 05/18/15 »
I do not own a T1 or CM so cannot comment on that, but with autohotkey you pretty much have no additional lag as long as you write a fast script
Anti-recoil, rapid-fire, you can write them on your own or you can find already written "ahk" scripts via google
"Rapid fire ahk script"

I need to mention here that XIM doesnt support macros or scripts with a reason, its illegal to use them on XBL or PSN and can get your account banned when using something like that
Because of that XIM doesnt have such a feature inbuilt

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:15 PM - 05/18/15 »
I do not own a T1 or CM so cannot comment on that, but with autohotkey you pretty much have no additional lag as long as you write a fast script
Anti-recoil, rapid-fire, you can write them on your own or you can find already written "ahk" scripts via google
"Rapid fire ahk script"

I need to mention here that XIM doesnt support macros or scripts with a reason, its illegal to use them on XBL or PSN and can get your account banned when using something like that
Because of that XIM doesnt have such a feature inbuilt

i understand all of that. which is why i was curious when you mentioned a few things.

so your saying there is no lag having mouse and KB plugged into my pc with a belkin pc shareing cable attached to the XIM form the pc? i assumed all of that would give it some lag