XIM Community

XIM 4 vs "ConsoleTuner Titan One"  (Read 42983 times)

Offline DIABEETUS__

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DIABEETUS__
XIM 4 vs "ConsoleTuner Titan One"
« on: 03:30 PM - 05/16/15 »
Hey guys,

I've been trying to find some 3rd party reviews that compare these two competing products, but I can't seem to find anything yet.

Have any of y'all even experimented with the ConsoleTuner Titan One yet?? I never even heard of it before my friend told me about it a few months ago. Apparently it's just a little USB stick to plug directly into your console.

Anyways, what is your opinion about the performance of this product?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM 4 vs "ConsoleTuner Titan One"
« Reply #1 on: 04:10 PM - 05/16/15 »
We aren't competitors. I know the maker of T1 -- he is a nice guy. T1's core focus is very different than XIM (and vice versa).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:12 PM - 05/16/15 »
titan one:
+ cheap price so affordable
+ inbuilt macros (support)
+ great for people who want to rebind buttons on their controller or use other console controllers
- must be configured via PC
- not very newcomer friendly as configuration is difficult
- mouse experience isnt that great
- detectable

xim4:
+ best mouse experience on the market
+ easy to understand as configuration is very intiuitve
+ can be configured via pc, controller or smartphone
+ cannot be detected
- costs 2 times as much as the titan one i think
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #3 on: 06:56 PM - 05/16/15 »
If you're looking to use keyboard and mouse, XIM is exponentially better...

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 11:13 PM - 05/16/15 »
I own both and consider them to be complementary products, rather than competitors.

Xim4 for mouse and keyboard on consoles. There is nothing better. Period.

T1 for fight-sticks, flight controllers and steering wheels, via the GTuner PC app and MaxAim DI plugin. It's more mature than Xim Commander, though fulfilling the same purpose. I use T1 to connect my Logitech wheels, MS Sidewinder flight controller and PS3 SSFIV TE fight-stick to PS4 and XB1, where they're not natively supported. Works a treat.

Combine Xim4 + T1 for macros, rapid-fire, recoil mods etc. Xim4 does not support macros out-of-the-box, so the T1 fills the gap. T1 officially supports the Xim4 for this purpose. I use rapid-fire in Garden Warfare (it helps, but not much) and haven't really tried T1 macros beyond that simple use case. But it can be setup for lengthy combos in fight games, or for quick-scoping, or automatically holding breath during sniping in CoD...that sorta thing.

CronusMax has recently reverse-engineered the T1 firmware (AKA stolen...) and there's unofficial Xim4 support, though reportedly,  it's not working as well as the T1. So it's better to go to the source (code), which is written by the developer of the T1.

Long story short - buy both a Xim4 and a T1 to cover all bases.
« Last Edit: 05:22 PM - 05/17/15 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:56 PM - 05/19/15 »
Antithesis when combining the T1 with the xim4 do you notice additional input delay?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 03:26 PM - 05/19/15 »
Antithesis when combining the T1 with the xim4 do you notice additional input delay?

None at all. It's probably there, but I can't perceive it.

The only game where I can notice a difference between using the T1+Xim4 vs just the Xim4 is Destiny on PS4. It's not so much input delay, but a slight jitter in mouse movement.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:41 PM - 05/19/15 »
Thanks ordered the Titan one want to play with some macros.

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:51 AM - 05/21/15 »
While there is some complimentary stuff like the macros for instance and cross over support with the T1/CM the minute xim4 gets those there really is no reason at all to get them.

I gotta say the Xim4 is ALOT better for mouse/kb as its pretty much plug and play with the sts. The T1/CM does not mention in their ads you need to have a pc plugged in and running to use their kb/m setup and it basically freezes up the pc in operation. The software for configuration can be confusing even after reading the docs and it looks like it was made by a programmer with no ability to make a user friendly interface. The m/kb setup is very clunky and awkward at times. The T1/CM feel very much like a work in progress that was rushed out the door to make money vs say the xim where you can tell that ease of use and compatibility was on the forefront of its design.

The minute the xim4 gets crossover put in along with macros officially is the day i start telling people don't bother with the T1/CM and sell or give them away.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 08:42 PM - 05/21/15 »
While there is some complimentary stuff like the macros for instance and cross over support with the T1/CM the minute xim4 gets those there really is no reason at all to get them.

I gotta say the Xim4 is ALOT better for mouse/kb as its pretty much plug and play with the sts. The T1/CM does not mention in their ads you need to have a pc plugged in and running to use their kb/m setup and it basically freezes up the pc in operation. The software for configuration can be confusing even after reading the docs and it looks like it was made by a programmer with no ability to make a user friendly interface. The m/kb setup is very clunky and awkward at times. The T1/CM feel very much like a work in progress that was rushed out the door to make money vs say the xim where you can tell that ease of use and compatibility was on the forefront of its design.

The minute the xim4 gets crossover put in along with macros officially is the day i start telling people don't bother with the T1/CM and sell or give them away.

Macros are never coming to Xim. You can use the Xim Commander PC app for that, but then you're in the same boat as T1/CM with needing to have a PC connected for kb/m. Head to head, T1's GTuner PC app craps all over Xim Commander and it has a hell of a lot more functionality under the hood.

As an example, I use a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel combined with G25 pedals on PS4 and XB1, thanks to a combination of a VMWare image running Win 7 on OS X, vJoy, UJR, GTuner and MaxAim DI. This setup allows me to combine multiple physical devices into one virtual gaming device, remap keys & axes, remove deadzones, tweak force-feedback AND use them on consoles, all thanks to T1 and a PC VM.

Likewise, I can use my PS3 SSFIV TE fight stick on PS4, XB1 and 360 via T1, and program any combination I want to a simple macro. And, if I was so inclined, I could program an entire song in Rock Band or Guitar Hero to a single keypress. No PC required. Try doing that with a Xim.

In terms of software usability, I don't have a problem with GTuner. The thing offers a script editor, a script compiler and a visual scripter for those who can't code. That's a mountain of functionality and it's all built into a perfectly functional and compartmentalised UI. For those less interested in custom scripting, there are 8 slots for simply dragging and dropping preconfigured gamepacks onto the T1...easy-peasy.

The MaxAim DI plugin allows you to use ANY PC gaming device on console. GTuner has a handy Device Monitor so you know exactly what gamepad button does what and at what force and / or direction while playing a game for easy joystick key remapping, which the T1 then translates to gamepad. Not to mention dedicated plugins for macro recording, button remapping and creating combos...none of which I've even touched yet.

All of that has nothing to do with the final and least useful feature of the T1 - m/kb support. It does work, but it doesn't work as well as a Xim, which the T1 developer acknowledges and is why he's added support for Xims to the T1.

Different horses for different courses. Xim is brilliant for kb/m, but sucks for joysticks and macros. T1 sucks for kb/m, but is brilliant for joysticks and macros. Neither covers all bases as well as a combination of both. It's just as well they play friendly together for the best of both worlds.
« Last Edit: 05:32 PM - 05/25/15 by antithesis »

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:41 AM - 05/22/15 »
Not sure why your defending the T1/CM (btw i own 2 CM's and one T1) while it works okay its very very clunky P.O.S The software is a mess of plugins and feels hobbled together. IT's like a hot mess while there is documentation and videos its very sparse and confusing to figure out. And yes i know how to use the thing.
My problem being that its a very shoddily designed interface that could have been made better. The KB/M support is not nearly as polished as the xim and its mostly getting by on people buying it for that just because its cheaper. In that case i'd say it worth it to pay the supposed premium and get the more polished xim. My opnion being that the T1/CM at this point only has the cross-over support and macros going for it and if the XIM decided to fully implement them there would be in my mind no reason to get that inferior product

BTW i may be wrong but OBSIV hasn't quite ruled out the macro support and cross-over is coming he said.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: 07:01 AM - 05/22/15 »
Not sure why your defending the T1/CM (btw i own 2 CM's and one T1) while it works okay its very very clunky P.O.S The software is a mess of plugins and feels hobbled together. IT's like a hot mess while there is documentation and videos its very sparse and confusing to figure out. And yes i know how to use the thing.
My problem being that its a very shoddily designed interface that could have been made better. The KB/M support is not nearly as polished as the xim and its mostly getting by on people buying it for that just because its cheaper. In that case i'd say it worth it to pay the supposed premium and get the more polished xim. My opnion being that the T1/CM at this point only has the cross-over support and macros going for it and if the XIM decided to fully implement them there would be in my mind no reason to get that inferior product

BTW i may be wrong but OBSIV hasn't quite ruled out the macro support and cross-over is coming he said.

It's very simple - you want joystick and macro support? Get a T1 or CM. They do a bloody good job of it. Conversely, Xim4 is magic for m/kb. Different purposes...why not use both?

I don't use a steering wheel to play fighting games, so to dismiss the T1 based on inferior kb/m support is to kinda miss the point - T1 / CM does stuff Xim can't and most likely won't.

There's little point telling people they're @#$% when there's no better alternative. "If" and "when" are blanket statements that amount to nothing more than a wish-list and don't solve the problem when a T1 / CM will do the job today.

And the software is far better than you're giving it credit. Used Xim Commander lately? Meaning no disrespect, it's alpha at best, crashes at the drop of the hat and is not officially supported by OBs. That doesn't cut it compared to what you can do, with very little effort, using the much more mature and capable GTuner app.
« Last Edit: 05:29 PM - 05/25/15 by antithesis »

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x IInIFaMoUs x
  • PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
« Reply #12 on: 10:49 AM - 05/24/15 »
I bought a crounusMAX a couple weeks ago. I have the xim4 since the day it came out. I like the xim4 for mouse and keyboard, although in most games it lacks 1:1 ratio, feels  laggy but if your bad with a controller, even with the laggy feeling you will still be better if your decent with kb and mouse on pc. Also xim4 Requires alot of wires to be hooked up to it. I have every xim since xim2 and I still can't get the wireless mouse to work good on xim, extremely laggy in wireless mode, but im going to say thats cuz i may have other devices interrupting the wireless mouse, im not sure. my mouse works fine wireless on pc with no lag. others here say there mouse works fine wireless on xim4 i have yet to get the same feeling wireless as opposed to using the wire to the mouse.

The xim4 falls short in using controllers category, where if you want to use xbox one controller on ps4 and vice versa. For controller usage on different platforms the cronusMAX is the way to go. For example i use the PS4 controller on my PC, xbox 360, and xbox one with the cronusmax with no wires. HOWEVER, the cronusmax is not as good as xim4 with kb and mouse, it feels even more laggy then xim4 in that area of gameplay.

So to be honest they are both good in certain areas with certain uses. i'd say get both if you can afford them. if kb and mouse is your thing get the xim4. if you want to use a certain controller on all platforms with no wires get cronusmax.  No matter what if  you are a pc gamer you will never get the exact same 1:1 ratio PC feel with the kb and mouse with either device.
Xbox Live ID: x IInIFaMoUs x
EPIC ID: xIInIFaMoUsx
PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
Steam ID: 187lordinfamous
Origin ID: IInIFaMoUs

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:15 PM - 05/24/15 »
Got the Titan 1 and it works awesome with the xim.  It complements the xim for macro support buy I'd never think twice about using anything else for mouse and keyboard support.

Offline kinosix

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Joocybreh
  • PSN ID: Joocybrah
« Reply #14 on: 09:26 AM - 06/18/15 »
I stumbled across the titan one the other day and picked it up since they had a xim4 section on their forums. I know obs isn't a supporter of macros so I didn't want to mention it on his forum but found this thread so yeah. I gave up on the xim commander since I heard aiken is no longer active in the community. I loved it for the xim3 wish the xim4 had a stable version.

Anyway how are you guys authing your controller while the xim is plugged into the t1? When I pair the 2 the controller never auths. Can't get them to work together for the life of me
USAF Active Duty
4gb Slim(luls black friday)
XIM3
G700
Turtle Beach PX21+DSS2

Admin