XIM Community

Can't get xbox one controller to work with ps4!!!  (Read 10272 times)

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x IInIFaMoUs x
  • PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
my sister prefers to game with the xbox one controller. i've tried every configuration possible to use the xbox one controller with the ps4 but i can't get it to work at all. i need some help here. anyone know how to get it to work?
Xbox Live ID: x IInIFaMoUs x
EPIC ID: xIInIFaMoUsx
PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
Steam ID: 187lordinfamous
Origin ID: IInIFaMoUs

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get xbox one controller to work with ps4!!!
« Reply #1 on: 05:54 PM - 05/10/15 »
I don't recall where we are at with cross controller support but I think crossing between current gen should work. Are you plugging in the X1 controller after your XIM4 is up and connected with the DS4/PS4? After that you will need to bind  each button manually in Manager.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:03 PM - 05/10/15 »
I get the xbox 360 controller to work on PS4 by plugging in both the PS4 controller and xbox 360 controller in to the XIM4. I have to plug the PS4 controller into the the controller slot (3). Then I have to plug in the xbox 360 controller slot (1). Then I plug the XIM4 into PS4 after I have booted up PS4. Then hit the PS Home button to activate the controller. The xbox 360 controller will work like this in slot (1) but I also have to have the PS4 controller plugged in. But atleast it works.

But when I do the exact same setup with the Xbox One controller the xbox one controller wont work at all. It just flashes from the power cord. I removed the batteries as well. I think I read somewhere awhile back that ObsiV said that new gen to new gen controllers (Xbone to ps4, ps4 to xbone) dont work but the old gen to new gen will work (xbox 360 and PS3 to  Ps4 or Xbone). I thought maybe it had been fixed by now. Maybe its not?

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:16 PM - 05/11/15 »
I'm going to guess I should get a cronusmax for this when my $135 adapter can't do it?

MrSir

« Reply #4 on: 12:17 AM - 05/12/15 »
im waiting for this too ,  they said it was coming in the next update , but who knows for sure when that will be

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #5 on: 06:48 AM - 05/12/15 »
I'm going to guess I should get a cronusmax for this when my $135 adapter can't do it?

CronusMax wouldn't be the best choice for this as it cuts out every 10 minutes when using other controllers on PS4.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 09:12 AM - 05/12/15 »
Our next beta drop will have support for it. Just waiting on Apple to approve our app so we can move forward with the release.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:54 PM - 05/12/15 »
okay. I went ahead and bought a cronusmax (why not i already have 2 xim4's, 2 xim edges, and a xim3 and xim2, lol). Well I had to order the correct bluetooth dongles so that it doesnt cut out every 10 minutes (the cheapo china bluetooth dongles). Works perfect wired no cut outs at all and is pretty awesome IMO. I've tested controllers on PS4, xbox one, and xbox 360 so far with no problems at all wired. I'd like to be wireless though which i dont think xim4 will be able to support wireless controllers. alot more wires with xim4 to do this route anyway. i like having no wires with the cronusmax. i'm glad i bought it. thanks anyway.

I do want still want to use my xim4 with KB and mouse on Evolve though. If anyway we could fix the input lag in that game would be nice.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Can't get xbox one controller to work with ps4!!!
« Reply #8 on: 02:32 PM - 05/12/15 »
Well I had to order the correct bluetooth dongles so that it doesnt cut out every 10 minutes (the cheapo china bluetooth dongles). Works perfect wired no cut outs at all and is pretty awesome IMO. I've tested controllers on PS4, xbox one, and xbox 360 so far with no problems at all wired. I'd like to be wireless though which i dont think xim4 will be able to support wireless controllers. alot more wires with xim4 to do this route anyway. i like having no wires with the cronusmax. i'm glad i bought it. thanks anyway.

A Bluetooth dongle won't stop the CronusMax cutting out every 10 minutes if you want to use a Xbox controller, The PS4 needs to authenticate with the DS4 controller within 10 minutes. The only way to bypass that is to hook your CronusMax to a PC or Laptop & plug your Xbox controllers into your PC & leave the DS4 plugged into the CM.

I guess XIM Commander would do the same thing now that I think about it.
« Last Edit: 02:36 PM - 05/12/15 by He4DHuNt3r »
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:09 PM - 05/12/15 »
Well I had to order the correct bluetooth dongles so that it doesnt cut out every 10 minutes (the cheapo china bluetooth dongles). Works perfect wired no cut outs at all and is pretty awesome IMO. I've tested controllers on PS4, xbox one, and xbox 360 so far with no problems at all wired. I'd like to be wireless though which i dont think xim4 will be able to support wireless controllers. alot more wires with xim4 to do this route anyway. i like having no wires with the cronusmax. i'm glad i bought it. thanks anyway.

A Bluetooth dongle won't stop the CronusMax cutting out every 10 minutes if you want to use a Xbox controller, The PS4 needs to authenticate with the DS4 controller within 10 minutes. The only way to
bypass that is to hook your CronusMax to a PC or Laptop & plug your Xbox controllers into your PC &
leave the DS4 plugged into the CM.

the cutting out every 10 mins has been fixed with the cronusmaxes' new firmware. its not the cronusmax plus firmware. you can check there forums but i did not have any problems with xbox controller on my ps4 with the cronus max. all you have to do is boot up ps4 plug in cronusmax and then hard wire a ps4 controller to the cronusmax and from that point on the cronusmax steals the code from the ps4 controller so even if the ps4 needs to authenticate its fine cuz the cronusmax has the code from the ps4 controller into the hardware for the duration that you keep the cronusmax and ps4 on.. i dont know if that was an old problem? not sure but i did not have the issue you are talking about. that was the reason i bought the cronusmax was to use xbox controller with ps4. no problems for me. i actually like it alot. my sister played with the xbox controller through my ps4 for 2 hours without any disconnects. i'll check again tomorrow though myself and see if it disconnects within 10 mins. i dont know if you knew the cronusmax plus upgrade is out now or not, which fixed all the little bugs like the one ur talkin about.

I guess XIM Commander would do the same thing now that I think about it.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 10:56 PM - 05/13/15 »

CronusMax wouldn't be the best choice for this as it cuts out every 10 minutes when using other controllers on PS4.

I don't have a CM, but I do have a T1. The controller re-auth is more or less instantaneous. All you'll notice is a quick disconnect / reconnect notice in the top-left corner and it doesn't disrupt gameplay.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:29 PM - 05/16/15 »
A Bluetooth dongle won't stop the CronusMax cutting out every 10 minutes if you want to use a Xbox controller, The PS4 needs to authenticate with the DS4 controller within 10 minutes. The only way to bypass that is to hook your CronusMax to a PC or Laptop & plug your Xbox controllers into your PC & leave the DS4 plugged into the CM.

I played with the xbox one controller on PS4 without any disconnects what so ever. I did notice every 10 minutes it would say that the controller disconnect for a split second but it actually did not the game play stayed fluent. I did find what you were talking about. But l like i said its been fixed. Here is the article to what you were talking about and the fix with new firmware.

PS4 CROSS-OVER GAMING INFORMATION CRONUSMAX

As a security measure, the PS4 regularly requests authentication (every 30 seconds) to its controllers. For this reason a controller that is capable of replying to those requests is usually required to be connected to the CronusMAX PLUS at all times, so the crossover feature would not normally be available for the PS4.

However, since CronusMAX PLUS Firmware v1.00 the crossover feature is partially available as the firmware can now reset the authentication timer every 10 minutes without unplugging the controller or losing connection. The one tiny caveat is that the CronusMAX PLUS will pause communication with the controller for less than a second while it resets.

This is hardly noticeable and the huge advantage here is that the controller no longer loses its authentication and you do not need to have a PC connected to your PS4 for crossover gaming which was a necessity before this new feature was released.

Admin