XIM Community

PWNSTARZDOTCOM OFFICIALLY USING KB/M-FACT! --XIM4 Community Thoughts??  (Read 7346 times)

Offline special_blend

• View Profile
Hey Guys,
  I know this is kinda lame, but I wanted to get your opinion. I have always watched Pwnstarz play and it was so entertaining. It seems some of the community knew he was using a Xim on console, and some thought he was "the best controller player" in the world. He is sponsored by Scuf and control freaks, and has even posted "hand cam" vids of him paying COD using a scuf (obviously his movement was not the same, and the gameplay was of course nothing impressive) If you don't follow him, he recently posted a vid on YouTube and Twitch stating he was getting bored of console, and was going to go to PC for a new challenge picking up a KB/M. lol Anyway, he has started streaming vids of PC COD and of course, he is slaughtering, prob not at the level of console because of Aim Assist, and the PC gaming community IMO is generally better because of the advantages (well at least the "tryhards") however, you can tell he is very seasoned with a KB/M. I can only say this because I was a VERY seasoned controller player before switching to KB/M, and we all know,  it does not happen overnight, that is for sure. During gameplay he still talks @#$% like "you just got @#$% on by a console/controller player" and he is still promoting Scuf & control freaks. Ya know, before I was like whatever, but the fact he is now claiming that he is "brand new" on a KB/M def makes me lol and lose respect. He even adds descriptions of his Twitch vids like "getting that grind on to master KB/M & PC" while he is dropping Moabs/swarms etc lol. Anyway, yeah, I know, why waste my time even having these thoughts but I am.. lol.. what are yours??

Thanks,
SB
« Last Edit: 08:37 AM - 05/01/15 by special_blend »

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
PubStarzdotcom

wiNNEBAGO

Ha, this again.

I'm pretty sure the consensus reached was that no one gives a hoot.

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
Few things.

1) Your logic is flawed.. Just because hes good at PC shooters doesn't automatically mean that he's using a XIM on console. For example, My brother played competitive CS - and still plays PC shooters but plays on our GB team using a controller. Being good at PC and being able to play console with a controller are not mutually exclusive things.

2) Hes only good at beating on crappy public lobbies. If he were ACTUALLY good, he would be playing GB/UMG/or MLG tournaments. He doesn't, cause he would get slaughtered.

3) Nobody cares what he uses. XIM is not better than a controller. Its all about the player.

cbn

If you've ever seen a professional pc cod match or frag movie, you would know this "pwnstarzdotcom" is an absolute joke of a player.

Here are some real cod players:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKfeuvtIQ0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yffrxWK1bb0&index=1&list=PL4WZqtWCumDdaD9jwbk8K0FC3rIvr1-YC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_aa9-mSPoM
« Last Edit: 11:07 AM - 05/01/15 by cbn »

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
Either way he's getting paid to play, must be nice
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

MrSir

cbn

I just watched a recent stream of his where hes playing CS:GO. He was so bad that I had to stop it after 2 minutes when he started to blame it on the aim mechanics... I can't invest anymore time in another conversation involving this person.

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
I just watched a recent stream of his where hes playing CS:GO. He was so bad that I had to stop it after 2 minutes when he started to blame it on the aim mechanics... I can't invest anymore time in another conversation involving this person.
A trucker's time is a valuable commodity.

@special_blend ... I suggest you reimburse this man.

Offline Duke3d

• View Profile
Am I the only one who feels bait-and-switch remorse from the title of this post?

Even halfway through your post, I thought you were calling the dude out for claiming he plays with a controller but plays with a xim.

*shrug* Who cares if he is trying PC?
sudo apt-get install GoldenPistol

Offline Cybie

• Expert Cutter
    • View Profile
    • Cybie's Youtube Page
  • Gamertag: cybie1111
  • PSN ID: cybie1111
I do not get why this is brought up again under a new thread...

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
Few things.

1) Your logic is flawed.. Just because hes good at PC shooters doesn't automatically mean that he's using a XIM on console. For example, My brother played competitive CS - and still plays PC shooters but plays on our GB team using a controller. Being good at PC and being able to play console with a controller are not mutually exclusive things.

2) Hes only good at beating on crappy public lobbies. If he were ACTUALLY good, he would be playing GB/UMG/or MLG tournaments. He doesn't, cause he would get slaughtered.

3) Nobody cares what he uses. XIM is not better than a controller. Its all about the player.

TELL IT LIKE IT IS!! Truth right there especially the end part.  I use a controller now for destiny awkward transition back but... yea....
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
and some thought he was "the best controller player" in the world.
Thanks,
SB

Whatever peripheral he uses, he's no where near the best at anything. Pro/competitive players (heck even some of the better ximmers here) would destroy him. Easy to look good beating down on noobs in pubs.

Anyway, at the end of the day no one cares. He's just another pubstar.
« Last Edit: 03:40 AM - 05/02/15 by Oxxy »

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
Regardless of whether he's good enough to be a pro or not, he probably makes more money streaming pubs than most "pro" cod players make playing tournaments.
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
^ this.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up