XIM Community

Monitor Calibration Tips, Tricks, Programs, Etc.  (Read 1085 times)

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
I haven't calibrated my monitor to its full potential since I've had it so I was wondering what are yall tips, tricks or programs that you have used to calibrate your TV/Monitor.
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
Re: Monitor Calibration Tips, Tricks, Programs, Etc.
« Reply #1 on: 11:08 AM - 04/28/15 »
Only real way to calibrate a display is with a spectrometer.  If you don't want to buy one (minimum of $170 or so for a good one) you can get or download a test disc or program with test patterns.

You can buy Digital Video Essentials test disc, or download AVHC test disc from AVS Forum for free.

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #2 on: 01:06 PM - 04/28/15 »
I think I DL that before but didn't know what to do with it. I'm gonna have to try it again. I was hoping for something noob friendly. I guess imma have to do some research.  Thanks Spidey. Hey you and Pdogg gonna grind some IB this week on destiny? If yall are can I join in?
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #3 on: 01:20 PM - 04/28/15 »
I think I DL that before but didn't know what to do with it. I'm gonna have to try it again. I was hoping for something noob friendly. I guess imma have to do some research.  Thanks Spidey. Hey you and Pdogg gonna grind some IB this week on destiny? If yall are can I join in?

I'll definitely be playing IB.  Have to get that Hunter Helm lol.  I'll be on tonight at around 10:30 EST.

Admin