XIM Community

Thrust jumps confirmed for Black Ops 3  (Read 17190 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Re: Thrust jumps confirmed for Black Ops 3
« Reply #15 on: 12:43 AM - 04/26/15 »
This is bad right? The exo movement in AW took away aspects of skill based gameplay and sort of leveled the playing field with the increased aim assist right? Is this disliked by the general population of pad players too?

I dunno, i really liked the movement in AW, but at the same time, i don't think it suits what COD is..
If the health was double BOPS2 TTK then maybe it would have worked with more laser and rocket type guns, maybe throw a rail gun in there, it could have been a new dumbed down Quake for the 21st century lel.

I'm getting bops3 just because i say every year i wont buy the next COD but who am i kidding..
I'm still looking for that first fix..

We all are.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #16 on: 05:38 AM - 04/26/15 »
I liked the movement in AW. Also loved the Crysis series and Titanfall. I just felt like the maps in AW did not compliment the movement whatsoever. Also the aim assist was just a little ridiculous. That seems like the direction most shooters are going these days though.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #17 on: 08:14 AM - 04/26/15 »
Taking a bad idea and running with it is not evolution. I think what the majority of people want is a shooter which has none of the bull and rewards players for their shooting abilities. Thankfully with a beta we won't need to waste our money if this franchise finally has died.

I think your wrong on this.  They are making games according to what the public wants, not to what you want.

Taking the same game and basically only changing the maps for 8 years isn't evolution.  Majority of people that don't like AW are the ones that like to lock down a small area and play defensively.  AW doesn't allow this and these people either can't adapt, or don't want to. 

AW has a multitude of issues but movement isn't one of them and it's innovative.  SHG did a great job on the movement of this game.  Now the connections............not so much.

I would prefer a full exo but if BO3 has a boost option to it, I'll be content.  I was so tired of running through a door to either be maimed or killed by a IED, C4, Betty, Shock Charge, etc. and then finished off by some guy sitting in the back corner.  This is one of the main things I like about AW.  For one, there isn't any equipment like this but I also can boost through every door I go through.  It's much tougher for somebody sitting in a corner to get on you.  At least you have a fighting chance.

In the older cods, if somebody ran behind a bus lets say.  You can sit there and know they'll come out on the left or right side of it.  In AW, he could come out in any direction other than under it.  That's what I like about it.  Aim assist is strong in AW but if you boost side to side while on the ground or in the air, it's not strong enough to stay on you.

Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ 27" 1440p 240hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - HyperX Quadcast
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
« Reply #18 on: 08:47 AM - 04/26/15 »
it says you can control your weapon all the time meaning it won't be a pointless addition now
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline G502DoBeHeavy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08:52 AM - 04/26/15 »

They keep saying you will be allowed to play traditional if you want, but I don't see how that will work. It's my opinion that the cod engine was just never made to keep up the pace of these newer games. For me all year my bullets never connected properly on dashing/sliding and occasionally double jumping people. Not because of my internet but because the hit registration just felt like it sucked.

Hitting people dolphin diving in bo2 was near impossible as the hit box never seemed to be in the right place. Same with the people sliding around in AW. I just am very hesitant to see why this new game will be any different, but now add a "power slide" and "wall running."
« Last Edit: 08:58 AM - 04/26/15 by Biggage »

Offline I itchy I

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: I itchy I
« Reply #20 on: 09:05 AM - 04/26/15 »
when aw first came out i didnt like the whole exo thing but now i dont mind it , the things that need fixing are the spawns as they were not made for 6v6 , the awful lobbies you get thrown in too , i dont want to play against some one on the west coast of america when i live in england , balance the weapons more as it seems like every one only uses two guns , i only use the kf5 and a back up toobing class just incase some one starts toobing . 

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09:13 AM - 04/26/15 »
They are also only releasing BO3 on the new consoles.  This is much needed to force the playerbases to grow on the xb1 and PS4. 
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09:17 AM - 04/26/15 »
They are also only releasing BO3 on the new consoles.  This is much needed to force the playerbases to grow on the xb1 and PS4. 

+1

IDK about the others, but my only complaint is the lack of diversity. Before we had the same game for 8 yrs. as others have pointed out. I just don't want to see that same scenario happen again (they beat the game to death, then finally chg. something). I like futuristic shooters! But I also like modern and historical shooters as well. I disagree that there's not an audience for a Western COD. Everyone said the same thing about RDR and it was a huge hit.

Call Of Duty "Hang Em' High" - I would piss myself!

:P

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:59 AM - 04/26/15 »
They are making games according to what the public wants, not to what you want.

Current Steam stats:
Black Ops 2 = 8222
Advanced Warfare = 4883
MW3 = 4590

Reading the feedback from the announcement of movement and potential of exosuit style abilities and the majority has been vastly negative. Each to their own I guess so I think we will have to agree to disagree regarding what people want.

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #24 on: 10:07 AM - 04/26/15 »
They are making games according to what the public wants, not to what you want.

Current Steam stats:
Black Ops 2 = 8222
Advanced Warfare = 4883
MW3 = 4590

Reading the feedback from the announcement of movement and potential of exosuit style abilities and the majority has been vastly negative. Each to their own I guess so I think we will have to agree to disagree regarding what people want.
Why are you using PC stats to make a point?

COD is dead on PC. Has been for a while.

Its a console game

8000 people is literally nothing.

Also, BO2 was a good game for many reasons. Your acting like the only difference between AW and BO2 is Exos.

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
  • Gamertag: Sikpup
  • PSN ID: sik-pup
« Reply #25 on: 10:10 AM - 04/26/15 »
I like the exo movement, and to be honest I never thought I would.  I agree with Dale, I don't think I could go back now.  I tried playing ghosts a month or so ago and found myself wondering why I was "stuck".  Some people don't like change, I get that.  Personally, I am pretty excited.  Maybe Activision will release a "classic COD" collection for all the people who don't like the new stuff...
Science without experimentation is a vain and unprofitable pursuit

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10:56 AM - 04/26/15 »
Why are you using PC stats to make a point? 8000 people is literally nothing.

Granted, PC stats isn't a strong argument but seeing as it is the only format with all of the CODs available it is the only one to show which COD is preferred. Yes 8000 is nothing but 4000 is even less. I just think most would rather have a game like Blops2 than Advanced Warfare.

I ran a search on twitter just looking for "Black Ops 3" and "jump" and agreed with all that I read there. I haven't really got anything else to add to the discussion here, as I said, each to their own but I don't feel another COD with the same movement as AW is the way forward.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:42 AM - 04/26/15 »
I think one of the biggest problems with AW is that they didn't know what kind of game they wanted. A fast paced game or a more realistic feeling game. The movement of course makes it seem like it should be faster paced and the spawn system in FFA would make you believe they want the action to never stop. But then there's the high TTK, all the down time from reloading and them having gotten rid of reload canceling. Or all that could have been design to make the game easier for noobs.

Either way, this is why the claims that your gun will always be usable in BO3 is a little reassuring. It means they're conscious of putting you in a state of downtime to give noobs a chance to take you out. If sleight of hand and reload canceling are in there then I'll be convinced that they've at least more sense than SHG about what makes exo movements fun.

This is what would make the game work for me. Sleight of hand, reload canceling, or even a GOW style reload system where you don't have to lose the remaining bullets in your magazine. Of course it would be faster paced to fit COD.

Faster TTK. Especially within knifing range. In fact I wish within knifing range every weapon was a two hit kill or a one bullet headshot kill. This is because in BO2 and AW (which seems to be running on Treyarch's version of the engine) knifing is completely unreliable. I went from being panic knife master in other COD's to knowing that I'm already dead and there's nothing I can do about it when an enemy pops out at knife range.

Other things are: maps that are actually designed with exos movements in mind. Less small doorways into tight rooms and more open areas. If they're going to have aggressive SBMM then tone down aim assist a lot. A higher FOV.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12:49 PM - 04/26/15 »
I haven't been a huge Treyarch cod fan but I have to give them credit.  At least they are stepping up by having a beta for BO3.  This will make me pre-order so I can be a part of the beta.
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03:00 PM - 04/26/15 »
I think one of the biggest problems with AW is that they didn't know what kind of game they wanted. A fast paced game or a more realistic feeling game. The movement of course makes it seem like it should be faster paced and the spawn system in FFA would make you believe they want the action to never stop. But then there's the high TTK, all the down time from reloading and them having gotten rid of reload canceling. Or all that could have been design to make the game easier for noobs.

I liked AW, but the fast TTK and the no recoil on the guns killed it for me. I guess the noobs/casuals need it so they can shoot everyone jumping all over the place.