XIM Community

IS the xim tournament legal in fighting games?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline xxgpzxx

• View Profile
IS the xim tournament legal in fighting games?
« on: 07:39 AM - 04/23/15 »
I can't find any where the denies or confirms this. I prefer to play on a Keyboard for mortal Kombat X i have tried the alternatives and they are just not for me. Does anyone know if using the xim and major tournaments is legal?

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
Re: IS the xim tournament legal in fighting games?
« Reply #1 on: 07:58 AM - 04/23/15 »
Would vary but most likely no
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #2 on: 08:02 AM - 04/23/15 »
i'm gonna say no, but if you can bring in arcade sticks and 3rd party joysticks, i wouldn't see why not - try lobbying for it
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:10 AM - 04/23/15 »
ask the organizer or host of the tournament, i can see it going both ways as there are valid reasons for each side
therefore definitely work out some key points to underline your position ;)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline xxgpzxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:12 AM - 04/23/15 »
i was reading the rules for evo its says that the cronus and titan one are banned. it says  converters are allowed i am assuming that means anything not titan or cronus is legal. I've sent in a message to them about 3 days ago now but i have gotten no responses. :( makes me sad because i want to start competing in at least local tournaments for now. But what is the point if anything that actually matters i can not use my keyboard on.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:15 AM - 04/23/15 »
cronus and titan are most likely banned because they allow to run scripts
you could eg put a finishing-move script on one button to 100% do it by a single click

i doubt they are banned for their general adapter nature
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:50 AM - 04/23/15 »
CM/T1? no they allow macro scripts. Would be a big hassle to have to verify each and every device

xim4? in theory yes, in practice no. No major competitions have allowed it yet.Its up to the competition to decide if its worth the hassle. Most will just outright say no because well its a hassle to check and verify for the few that would use it. It would also open up to ALOT of @#$% from those not having such a device.  An inconvenience that many organizers do not want to bother having to support and defend its use of

no major tournaments support it even if in theory its kosher and legit. Good luck trying to argue with them saying its an okay device. Most organizers will look at it and go yeah i don't wanna bother with this b.s its much easier to say no than to have to deal with all that b.s and hassle associated with it. :-\

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:56 AM - 04/23/15 »
with the xim its a case of they don't wanna deal with the controversy and whining that may arise from those using a kb/m adapter which ironically you don't get with fight sticks. It's another potential for trouble that they don't wanna bother with. Imagine yourself a judge or organizer its more responsibility and not worth the hassle that can occur. Simple case of why say yes when its much easier to say no and be done with it

good luck if you wanna try but don't be surprised if the organizers are less then enthusiastic to adopt such a thing. Smaller local events they might be more understanding and open to talk about its use.

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
« Reply #8 on: 11:45 AM - 04/23/15 »
I can't find any where the denies or confirms this. I prefer to play on a Keyboard for mortal Kombat X i have tried the alternatives and they are just not for me. Does anyone know if using the xim and major tournaments is legal?

Depending on the system you'll be playing on you should look up the Hitbox Arcade. It's amazing. Replaces the stick with directional buttons in a certain layout, closest thing to playing on a keyboard. Give it a look.

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD