XIM Community

Logitch G13/G502 with COD:AW and BF: Hardline  (Read 1940 times)

Offline nutnsbolts

• View Profile
Logitch G13/G502 with COD:AW and BF: Hardline
« on: 02:26 AM - 04/20/15 »
First off, I love the XIM4! I just got it a couple days ago and as I'm playing around with the settings, right out of the box, it has worked to my expectations.

I do have a question when using the G13 with G502 Mouse. I'm curious does anyone use the same combination for the two different games?

What I'm trying to understand is if I make my configurations on the computer for both the G13 and G502, do I need to make changes on the XIM Manager? I seem to be getting mixed results but I think I may just need to test it out more.

For the time being, for both games, I have just used the XIM manager to assign the keys but I don't think I'm doing it right.

If I want to bind a key from the G13, I don't know how to bind it to the mouse or vice versa since the XIM detects it as a Joystick.

Does anyone have any suggestions or how I should set it up correctly?

Offline SiNisterGaming

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SiNisterGamingz
Re: Logitch G13/G502 with COD:AW and BF: Hardline
« Reply #1 on: 03:00 AM - 04/20/15 »
Im using the exact setup. I don't play COD but been playing a lot of Hardline.

For the G13, I have not touched anything on that, and just use xim manager to add what PS button I want on the G13. I don't use the joystick on it though.

For the mouse, I made sure I set the DPI to 12000 and polling rate to 1000hz. Again, I just use the xim manager to configure the buttons I want on it

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:30 AM - 04/20/15 »
I do have a question when using the G13 with G502 Mouse. I'm curious does anyone use the same combination for the two different games?

-all the same mouse memory settings, but different button bindings.

What I'm trying to understand is if I make my configurations on the computer for both the G13 and G502, do I need to make changes on the XIM Manager? I seem to be getting mixed results but I think I may just need to test it out more.

-this I confusing. Xim manager is 'on the computer'. xim manager is where you are going to assign your buttons and translator settings, you can't do it any other way. You cannot use programs like set point, LGS, etc. to set up bindings. 

For the time being, for both games, I have just used the XIM manager to assign the keys but I don't think I'm doing it right.

-how are you doing it? You have to use the manager there is no other option.

If I want to bind a key from the G13, I don't know how to bind it to the mouse or vice versa since the XIM detects it as a Joystick.

- you don't bind keys from the g13 to the mouse or vice versa. You bind buttons from your controller to your peripherals. The xim recognizes the g13 as a joystick, it doesn't change the binding process. Just ignore what it is recognized as. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or how I should set it up correctly?

-Go set mouse to max dpi and assign dpi buttons to keystrokes in LGS. Now use the manager for everything else.
« Last Edit: 03:35 AM - 04/20/15 by sbc2k1 »
BFH

Offline nutnsbolts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:50 AM - 04/20/15 »
Thanks everyone for responding.

After thinking about it some more. I think I know what I need to do. Let me know if this doesn't make sense or there is a better way of doing it.

So what I'm trying to do is have one set of settings using LGS for both the G13/G502.

So what I did was...

1. I went into LGS and set the DPI and polling rate to max on the G502.
2. I created a profile (XIM Profile), I guess not relevant here but it will keep it contained, in the event I use the mouse for anything else.
3. Still using LGS, I assigned the mouse side buttons with let's say 8 or 9 to the keyboard.

4. I then went into BF:Hardline and using the XIM4 Manager, I assigned all the G13 keys.
5. Still using XIM4 Manager, I then assigned the 8 or 9 side mouse buttons with Grenade throwing for instance. I also did this for COD:AW using the SAME 8 or 9 side buttons. This way no matter what game, grenade throwing is assigned to my mouse.

Does this make sense?

Now, originally, the mouse side buttons was assigned to forward/backwards (internet explorer) but I unassigned it and added 8 or 9 so I can use the side buttons. When i unassigned the buttons and left it at that and used the XIM4 Manager, the XIM4 manager wouldn't pick it up unless I had something assigned to is using LGS.

Did I do something wrong? What I'm saying is that if I left it at forward and backwards on the side buttons would XIM4 pick up still?