XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 719420 times)

Offline JeIlis

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: JeIis
  • PSN ID: Pine_pples
Re: Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20190727)
« Reply #930 on: 07:24 PM - 07/28/19 »
Trying default with boost ATM and it feels really good! Here's a question though which one has more of a negative effect on micro movements, boost or off sync?

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antithesis D
« Reply #931 on: 07:37 PM - 07/28/19 »
Boost.

Offline ChrisCohen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CrucibleChris
« Reply #932 on: 03:21 AM - 07/29/19 »
You also might want to try C1 on ADS with Sync off.. Lol  :)

Will do that now. I just immediately went back to Default Sync with Curve 4 Hip and Sprint and Curve 3 ADS and that is most definitely the one. It's just beautiful. I can't thank you enough, it's the best this game has ever felt (and I've used Xim since Destiny 1). 

My personal take only, but I recommend everyone use Default Sync, Curve 4 with Hip and Sprint and Curve 3 with ADS. My sensitivity settings are: Hip 10 (Boost 500), ADS 6.25 (with Y/X 1.25) and Sprint 21.50. 12k DPI and 1000hz polling. It's magical.

Thanks for sharing chris. Have just finished an evening of comp and can say i prefer sync off to sync default. I orefer less aim assist.

Really enjoyed this from rml

Currently:
12000 dpi
1000hz
Sync Off
HIP - 84 + C4
ADS - 56 + Y/X 1.25 + C3
Sprint - 200 + C4
Sparrow - 200 + C4

I use nav, my tip would be dont forget to strafe left and right to proc aim assist. I find left stick movement as important as mouse and conciously remind myself to adjusy using the left stick.

As for the new curves, they definately cut through AA very well and removing boost provides a more stable and predictable experience.

Thanks

Interesting! Definitely with you on your curve setup, they're beaut. The margins of difference I'm talking between Sync Off and Default are tiny, so I can totally see why it comes down to personal preference. It wasn't like Sync Off felt unusable, it just didn't feel like 'home' compared to Default. Just when flicking the crosshairs very quickly to a new target, Off Sync felt a little more unpredictable when it came to slowing the mouse after a flick and positioning for the follow up shot. Default just felt like I would flick to an enemy's head and when I stopped moving my mouse, the crosshair stopped moving instantly and my second shot was already lined up.

There's probably even more refinement I can do, trying out curves 1 and 2 and dialling in sensitivity and boost but it just feels so perfect to me that I'm not too fussed about going even more meta.

XIM Apex | Aorus AD27QD | Pad: Steelseries QCK Heavy | Sony Dualshock (left hand side!) | A: SteelSeries Arctis Pro with GameDAC | M: G502 Hero | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 |

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: 07:34 AM - 07/29/19 »
Glad you're enjoying it guys.

As much as I'm happy with the AA cut through on ADS, I'm probably 10x's happier with HIP right now. I was quite surprised by the result of these curves on HIP. Mouse movement in general finally feels right and really close to PC responsiveness.

This is way bigger then just Destiny. I'm super stoked how good these curves are across the board on every game I play.

Thanks again for testing,

Cheers!

Offline ChrisCohen

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: 08:24 AM - 07/29/19 »
100%, hip currently feels exactly like I'm playing an FPS on PC. It's amazing how much better it feels compared to your original curve, when I already thought that was as good as it gets. Very precise, very 'zippy' and feels like the mouse movements I make are represented on screen 1:1.

What makes you think the ADS is not quite as good in your opinion? Is it the increased aim-assist whilst aiming down sights or do you think it's just the way the game slows the reticle whilst ADS'ing?

(That's not me complaining about the curve whilst ADS by the way, just referencing your post when you talk about how good hip is!)
XIM Apex | Aorus AD27QD | Pad: Steelseries QCK Heavy | Sony Dualshock (left hand side!) | A: SteelSeries Arctis Pro with GameDAC | M: G502 Hero | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 |

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: 10:16 AM - 07/29/19 »
100%, hip currently feels exactly like I'm playing an FPS on PC. It's amazing how much better it feels compared to your original curve, when I already thought that was as good as it gets. Very precise, very 'zippy' and feels like the mouse movements I make are represented on screen 1:1.

What makes you think the ADS is not quite as good in your opinion? Is it the increased aim-assist whilst aiming down sights or do you think it's just the way the game slows the reticle whilst ADS'ing?

(That's not me complaining about the curve whilst ADS by the way, just referencing your post when you talk about how good hip is!)

It's not that I don't think the ADS is good, it's more that I expected that to happen. Where with HIP... well, I didn't expect that so much. I expected it to feel like acceleration was being added. Instead it feels closer to 1:1 then I've ever felt on a console. It literally does feel really close to PC, which is crazy good!

So it's that bit of shock factor there.

Offline MarcTheSmark

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: 12:44 PM - 07/29/19 »
I have gotten about 8 hours of playtime with these curves today and I have to say HIP has blown me away. I have really liked it. That is coming from someone who plays on default sync with a 3200 dpi mouse (haven't tried off sync because I just cant aim as well with G305 and my numbers weren't possible when multiplied by 8 to change the sync). In my opinion though when playing on the lower DPI boost makes for a much better aim down sight experience. I hit a lot more headshots with it vs without and am also able to snap onto to targets just a little bit easier.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: 12:57 PM - 07/29/19 »
I have gotten about 8 hours of playtime with these curves today and I have to say HIP has blown me away. I have really liked it. That is coming from someone who plays on default sync with a 3200 dpi mouse (haven't tried off sync because I just cant aim as well with G305 and my numbers weren't possible when multiplied by 8 to change the sync). In my opinion though when playing on the lower DPI boost makes for a much better aim down sight experience. I hit a lot more headshots with it vs without and am also able to snap onto to targets just a little bit easier.

Yeah, for ADS it's meant to limit Aim Assist. The more aggressive the curve looks the less AA you will feel. That's by design so not a surprise. That will come down to user preference as far as how much AA you like. I would suggest trying C1 with ADS it will feel quite a bit stickier then C3. You may also want to lower your sensitivity as well. These curves when applied right will work better then Boost. Boost inflates the DZ which messes with Micro Movements.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antithesis D
« Reply #938 on: 02:39 PM - 07/29/19 »
Hi rml, i really want to have a go at creating my own curves, ive got an idea id like to try out but trying to execute this using the android app is tedious. How do you make your curves? Do you have access to a tool that makes this process easier?

Offline MarcTheSmark

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: 02:44 PM - 07/29/19 »

Yeah, for ADS it's meant to limit Aim Assist. The more aggressive the curve looks the less AA you will feel. That's by design so not a surprise. That will come down to user preference as far as how much AA you like. I would suggest trying C1 with ADS it will feel quite a bit stickier then C3. You may also want to lower your sensitivity as well. These curves when applied right will work better then Boost. Boost inflates the DZ which messes with Micro Movements.

OOO ok I see what you are saying I will test those out. Also do you feel for shotgunning it would help to make the X/Y axis also 1.25 for when you are trying to track hunters/players jumping through the air on hip? Was curious to see if you had tried anything like that.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 03:12 PM - 07/29/19 »
Hi rml, i really want to have a go at creating my own curves, ive got an idea id like to try out but trying to execute this using the android app is tedious. How do you make your curves? Do you have access to a tool that makes this process easier?

This is probably the easiest I know of, I'm still learning this tool myself though.
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=79886.0

OOO ok I see what you are saying I will test those out. Also do you feel for shotgunning it would help to make the X/Y axis also 1.25 for when you are trying to track hunters/players jumping through the air on hip? Was curious to see if you had tried anything like that.

Yes that should help with headshots when Hip firing.

Offline JarBOR

• Primum non nocere
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: JarBORx
  • PSN ID: JarBOR
« Reply #941 on: 12:44 AM - 07/30/19 »

Will do that now. I just immediately went back to Default Sync with Curve 4 Hip and Sprint and Curve 3 ADS and that is most definitely the one. It's just beautiful. I can't thank you enough, it's the best this game has ever felt (and I've used Xim since Destiny 1). 

My personal take only, but I recommend everyone use Default Sync, Curve 4 with Hip and Sprint and Curve 3 with ADS. My sensitivity settings are: Hip 10 (Boost 500), ADS 6.25 (with Y/X 1.25) and Sprint 21.50. 12k DPI and 1000hz polling. It's magical.
Xim Apex 500hz or 1000hz?
Is this setup compatible with 20190719 firmware/manager?
« Last Edit: 01:32 AM - 07/30/19 by JarBOR »
Ducky Mecha Mini,Ducky One 2 RGB TKL, KBP V60 Mini, Logitech G Pro Wireless, Logitech G Pro X Superlight, Arc Mayflower Mk2 + Sennheiser HD660S, HD560S + Modmic 5 - Ps4, Ps5 , Artisan Hayate Kou Soft, Artisan Hayate Otsu Soft, Zowie G-SR-SE

Offline ChrisCohen

• View Profile
« Reply #942 on: 01:59 AM - 07/30/19 »

Xim Apex 500hz or 1000hz?
Is this setup compatible with 20190719 firmware/manager?

Both my mouse and Xim are set to 1000hz. I'm not sure RE the compatibility. Try pasting in the curves and see if it works.. I have a feeling it will work on 20190719 though.

Offline JarBOR

• Primum non nocere
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: JarBORx
  • PSN ID: JarBOR
« Reply #943 on: 04:43 AM - 07/30/19 »
Ok. Thx :)
Ducky Mecha Mini,Ducky One 2 RGB TKL, KBP V60 Mini, Logitech G Pro Wireless, Logitech G Pro X Superlight, Arc Mayflower Mk2 + Sennheiser HD660S, HD560S + Modmic 5 - Ps4, Ps5 , Artisan Hayate Kou Soft, Artisan Hayate Otsu Soft, Zowie G-SR-SE

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: 10:09 AM - 07/30/19 »
Yes the full config code works with 20190702 or 19

All the individual curves should work with any firmware

Admin