XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 719399 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (Updated 7/22/17)
« Reply #795 on: 02:24 PM - 08/08/17 »
Latest Gold firmware.

Offline jasontran600

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: 02:05 AM - 08/09/17 »
Hey, just got my xim4 this week and tried out your settings. Everytime i aim it's so slow though!! What should i do?

Offline JarBOR

• Primum non nocere
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: JarBORx
  • PSN ID: JarBOR
« Reply #797 on: 05:31 AM - 08/09/17 »
Max sens in game
Ducky Mecha Mini,Ducky One 2 RGB TKL, KBP V60 Mini, Logitech G Pro Wireless, Logitech G Pro X Superlight, Arc Mayflower Mk2 + Sennheiser HD660S, HD560S + Modmic 5 - Ps4, Ps5 , Artisan Hayate Kou Soft, Artisan Hayate Otsu Soft, Zowie G-SR-SE

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: 08:31 AM - 08/09/17 »
Hey, just got my xim4 this week and tried out your settings. Everytime i aim it's so slow though!! What should i do?

Hey jasontran600,

Welcome to the community!

Few things
- Destiny has a lower turn speed limit then games like COD and BF so it's never going to feel as fluid as those two games.
- If you're coming from PC you need to realize that "twitch' gaming isn't really a reality on consoles, especially with destiny due to the games look mech.

So what can you do?
1. Make sure your in game sensitivity is maxed out at 10
2. Turn up your senses as high as you can so long as you don't feel like you have wasted movement between your hand movement and motion on the screen. The red light will often flash on Xim but as long as movement doesn't feel wasted it's a non factor, just a warning.
3. Try to use slower consistent movement of your mouse. Consistent movement of your hand that just rides that flashing light is important for this game and pretty much all games with Xim.

Offline casual_gamer_

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: 03:03 PM - 08/13/17 »
Don't mean to intrude on a Destiny thread but RML, what was the formula to figure out this curve? I want to apply it on The Division but it's different mechanic, but similarly bad (slow turn speeds, aim assist bubble very prominent in CQC which feels like dragging through mud.

What was the trial and error process? At this point I'm tempted to remove the aim assist and just relearn to aim on my own with the mouse as I did 2 patches ago.

Offline uncle_solf

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: uncle_solf
« Reply #800 on: 05:39 PM - 08/24/17 »
As we look forward to Destiny 2, I just wanted to poke in here and say thanks RML.

your efforts really made a difference in my ability to enjoy and excel in Destiny 1, and I truly appreciate all the time you take to share your experiments and knowledge.

If you're ever in the Hudson Valley NY I'd love to buy you a beer my friend.

cheers, and thanks again Guardian.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 08:56 AM - 08/25/17 »
Don't mean to intrude on a Destiny thread but RML, what was the formula to figure out this curve? I want to apply it on The Division but it's different mechanic, but similarly bad (slow turn speeds, aim assist bubble very prominent in CQC which feels like dragging through mud.

What was the trial and error process? At this point I'm tempted to remove the aim assist and just relearn to aim on my own with the mouse as I did 2 patches ago.

I build Anti Aim Assist curves purely in game and by feel. I have to give a shout out to a friend on this one (he knows who he is). He joins me in private matches and acts as my "moving target." This way we simulate engagements at varies distances, movements, weapons, etc. Etc.

As we look forward to Destiny 2, I just wanted to poke in here and say thanks RML.

your efforts really made a difference in my ability to enjoy and excel in Destiny 1, and I truly appreciate all the time you take to share your experiments and knowledge.

If you're ever in the Hudson Valley NY I'd love to buy you a beer my friend.

cheers, and thanks again Guardian.

Appreciate the kind words and I'm glad it helped. I'm actually moving to Virginia within the next couple of years (wife really loves it there). We plan on traveling up and down the east coast, so who knows, maybe I'll take you up on that offer someday. Turning down a free beer is ludicrous,  especially with a fellow Ximmer.

Cheers!   :)

Offline Magnetos hate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pink Xim
« Reply #802 on: 07:51 PM - 08/28/17 »
So I have been thinking as we move towards destiny 2s release in the next week and a half about how much fun I'll have ripping destiny with a Xim from the beginning of the experience this time around. Of course, me thinking leads to questioning things...

In every other game I play I don't use any ballistic curves. The general thought is that you can't build muscle memory up with a ballistic curve. I play overwatch with a straight St. Battlefields, call of duty, halo, rainbow six, Titanfall, etc.. no curves.

I use a curve for destiny as well as the typical sprinting profiles and Sparrow profiles similar to RMLs here. The general thought from the get-go was you can't play destiny without curves due to all the aim limitations implemented...

Does anyone not use curves? Is it even viable with the games mechanics? I'd love to play D2 and have some muscle memory after a few weeks/months ... Do any of you do this?
Xbox One X
BenQ Monitor
Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse
Corsair K70 Strafe Keyboard

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: 09:50 AM - 08/29/17 »
Based off the beta, I believe it will be possible to use linear with hip. I will still be using a curve for ADS though, purely due to Aim Assist.

You discussed building muscle memory, etc. IMO, this is only important for HIP because HIP doesn't have the massive slow down effects like ADS does for Aim Assist. You can only build muscle memory to something that can be repeated on a consistent basis. I would argue that AA when combined with net code, lag, etc. pretty much destroys linear movement and therefore doesn't apply to ADS aiming. For me, all that matters is how my ADS aim feels and respond's, when engaging AA at different ranges, speeds, etc.

Many have said (including Admin) that curves eliminate linear movement, and I don't disagree, it is true! However AA also eliminates linear movement, or I should say "consistent movement" by drastically slowing your movement when your cross hairs are close to a target. So I ask, when Aiming down the sights. What really feels closer to linear or "consistant movevment" while engaging a target? No curve that slows drastically near target, or a curve that helps maintain velocity when hitting the AA bubble?

Offline Magnetos hate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pink Xim
« Reply #804 on: 05:07 PM - 08/29/17 »
Based off the beta, I believe it will be possible to use linear with hip. I will still be using a curve for ADS though, purely due to Aim Assist.

You discussed building muscle memory, etc. IMO, this is only important for HIP because HIP doesn't have the massive slow down effects like ADS does for Aim Assist. You can only build muscle memory to something that can be repeated on a consistent basis. I would argue that AA when combined with net code, lag, etc. pretty much destroys linear movement and therefore doesn't apply to ADS aiming. For me, all that matters is how my ADS aim feels and respond's, when engaging AA at different ranges, speeds, etc.

Many have said (including Admin) that curves eliminate linear movement, and I don't disagree, it is true! However AA also eliminates linear movement, or I should say "consistent movement" by drastically slowing your movement when your cross hairs are close to a target. So I ask, when Aiming down the sights. What really feels closer to linear or "consistant movevment" while engaging a target? No curve that slows drastically near target, or a curve that helps maintain velocity when hitting the AA bubble?

I see your point. Thanks RML
Xbox One X
BenQ Monitor
Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse
Corsair K70 Strafe Keyboard

Offline MaraSov

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 09:32 AM - 09/01/17 »
Hello people my XIM4 is coming, since im going to play thousands of hours of Destiny 2, i want to improve my performance using m/kb whit it.

I have read many threads on this forum, and for what i can understand, this Destiny setup was made to counter AA right?
Isnt that the opposite of what we are supposed to do? Use m/kb while still having AA to help line those precious headshots in the crucible, no?

Is too much AA a bad experience when using xim?

Im good whit a controller (1.7k/d) and good whit a mouse. Im going to play on both ps4 and pc, and id like to have a decent "mouse experience" on ps4, while still having a decent amount of AA.

Also, ive read some threads where you guys talk about dpi. Someone states that i shoud set my g502 at 12000dpi, some (like OP) at around 3-4000dpi,  other states that 2000 is the sweet spot.

Offcourse im going to try verious dpi, but which one is it? What dpi can provide a decent mouse feeling + retain a good AA?

And what about ingame setting? Max look sensibility all the time?

I will receive my XIM monday and i have only 2 days to set it up before D2 launches (going to use D1 for that).

I know everyone is different and everyone has preferences, but if you guys can point me in the right direction, i will then have a starting point.

What i need is:

decent mouse feeling

retain a good amount of AA

Offline bastyen

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 11:09 AM - 09/01/17 »
Hello RML !
What is Kpad3 for you ?
Regards
S
« Last Edit: 11:20 AM - 09/01/17 by bastyen »

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 03:46 PM - 09/01/17 »
1st of all just want to say "HOLY COW!" This thread has surpassed the 500k mark. Really glad to see it has helped so many other Xim users out there (one way or the other).  :)

CHEERS!!

Is too much AA a bad experience when using xim?

And what about ingame setting? Max look sensibility all the time?

- Depends on who you ask. IMO, too much AA is a bad,bad thing. It's about finding a good middle ground.
- In game settings should always be maxed. That's the way the ST is created.

Hello RML !
What is Kpad3 for you ?
Regards
S

Kpad3 is the mouse auxiliary button on the G502 just to the left of the LC button. I can't remember what I actually use it for with Destiny though. Haven't played in a while. I think it was for Melee, throwing knives, etc. 

Offline Kraghus

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kraghus
« Reply #808 on: 07:55 AM - 09/02/17 »
New XIM4 user here; New to the boards.

I purchased the XIM4 just for Destiny 2 after playing the PC BETA (amazing) and realizing that I have a lot more friends who play on console. I've been playing strictly PC for so long that I'm afraid to see what my skill with the sticks has become.

Anyway, after tinkering a while on my own, I came across this thread. I wanted to thank you, LMR, for your dedication, and say that I look forward to working with the XIM community inside of your Destiny 2 thread.

Offline Himmelskaberget

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Saxtuss
« Reply #809 on: 09:08 AM - 09/02/17 »
New Xim4 user here as well like Kraghus above me. Likewise to the boards.

I figured to try and tinker some with the Xim4, came to a decent initial setting but compared to my older (and well-tinkered) T***t V***m (not sure if allowed to name, so just.. hinted) the settings currently are bad.
Figured instead to apply and use parts of your Advanced Settings for Destiny 1.

Issues arises as soon as I try to apply/paste your code/settings. I watched your "Copypastewholesetup"-video from YT.
When I press the Paste-button in the Xim4 Manager I get a red "warning triangle" instead of the green "Check", and obviously no data is being pasted.
I've used both manual Copy as well as "Select"-Copy as you suggest.

Wanted to try and figure out why this issue comes up for me, when I follow your video/walkthrough now, before D2 is released.
Will manually change and trim the settings once in-game through BT of course - and when D2 comes a new Config should come out (I hope from Xim?) and with that new advanced and personal settings will come.

Thank you very much for this input and help to the community RML.

Admin