XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 718882 times)

Offline Mike844

• View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 05/24/16)
« Reply #690 on: 12:36 PM - 07/04/16 »
I have a noob question too   :)

Does sensitivity affect curves? Like if I am in xim manager and I decrease or increase my sensitivity, do I need to change the curve, or does the curve stay the same regardless of sensitivity?

I am currently using a very small curve and have turned steady aim off and long/mid feels great, however if someone is close/mid and starts strafing left/right I do get quite a bit of aim wobble, when I am around their head.

I am using a nav and a g502. I have 12000 DPI, hip 16 and ADS 4.
« Last Edit: 12:40 PM - 07/04/16 by Mike844 »

Offline thebside

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ma1arky
« Reply #691 on: 11:44 PM - 07/05/16 »
RML,
I see you recently update this, are you still enjoying the curves and everything you did?  I mean, I guess you would have changed it when you update it had you disliked anything. 
I just had a quick question;
When I copied your config, I noticed that you changed the joystick deadzone from the default 7500 to  5000, was this intentional?  I wasn't sure as I didn't see anything mentioned about it.  Admittedly, I only skimmed all 14 pages.

thanks.

Offline thebside

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ma1arky
« Reply #692 on: 09:45 AM - 07/06/16 »
 Never mind, I just found that you discussed it in post #22.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 08:28 AM - 07/08/16 »
Sry was out of town for a bit. As far as sensitivity changing the way a curve feels ... Yes it can. How much? Well that really depends on the game's turn speed limit. Basically the faster you hit max turn speed, the faster you burn through your curve. So for REALLY aggressive curves you typically want to turn your sens way down or you'll be hitting the turn cap almost immediately.

As for the question about Stick Dead zone. At the time (when I created this thread) I was playing around with practically everything. What I've learned since, is that Left Stick Deadzone doesn't work as well for Smaller Deadzones as it does for larger deadzones. I believe this is because the deadzone is already pretty small and movement is nearly immediate. I didn't really see any improvement in responsiveness by using a smaller deadzone. What I did find is that if you get your DZ too small it glitches the menu screens and sometimes becomes non-responsive. I also found that increasing the Deadzone could be very beneficial in some games. For example, while playing the Witcher 3 I found that controlling the horse was much easier and more enjoyable while using a much larger dead zone.

Hope that helps.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 06:54 AM - 07/11/16 »
Any tips on how to get a Hawkmoon? Do Exotic bounties even exist anymore? Ugh ...

Offline patchm00

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Patchm00
« Reply #695 on: 07:02 AM - 07/11/16 »
Any tips on how to get a Hawkmoon? Do Exotic bounties even exist anymore? Ugh ...
Did you ever get one in year 1?  If so you can just buy the year 2 hawk moon,  if not, they drop as all exotics do now (3 of coins helps).  No more exotic bounties .  I just got one last week from oryx

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 09:56 AM - 07/11/16 »
Guess I've got some farming to do  :(

Offline knox66

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 07:46 PM - 07/12/16 »
I go over this thread about once a week to see if there is anything i missed or if i feel like changing any setups around just for fun.

What i notice is that towards the end there were several people commenting how lower DPI works better for them. Everywhere else you read it seems you have to go max DPI and adjust sensitivity inside of xim. I was wondering if odin or one of the device devs have a recommendation here from a math point of view and not a use whats comfortable. i would prefer to use what maximizes the device effectiveness and then train myself through reps to get used to it.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #698 on: 08:55 PM - 07/14/16 »
I bought a Zowie FK2 (3200 DPI, 3310 sensor) to use alongside my G303 (12K DPI, 3360 sensor) to test the low DPI = more AA hypothesis.

Zowie sensitivity was calculated to mirror the 303's settings (303 sensitivity x 3.75 = FK2 sensitivity). Both are connected concurrently to the Xim via a USB hub and I can swap between both mice and Xim profiles at the touch of a button. All other settings are exactly the same (curves, boost, steady aim etc).

Honestly, I can't tell any difference between the two mice from an AA perspective, despite one functioning at 12K DPI and the other at 3.2K. The mice feel somewhat different due to shape and grip, but the sensors are more or less two generations of the same sensor with both considered "perfect". There's nothing going on in the game engine for me to believe low DPI is beneficial to AA. If anything, I feel it more on the G303 using higher DPI and lower Xim sensitivity, but that might be due to being far more used to the G303 setup.

IMHO, run your mouse at its native DPI for peak performance, everything else should even itself out, in spite of DPI differences with other mice.

If you want more AA, consider using a Sony Nav instead of a kb. Analog movement enhances AA, according to Od1n, though RML will likely argue against that. I personally rarely feel any AA in Destiny PvP using a kb, yet others report a strong tug or bubble, and they're using a Nav, almost without exception.

Nav vs kb is the only tangible difference between RML's setup and my own (same mouse, same pad, same curves, same DPI, same sens) - when I use his ADS settings, it creates the problem he's managed to eliminate using those exact same ADS settings. I can only put that down to analog vs digital movement.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline TigerToad

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 09:35 AM - 07/16/16 »
Hi RML, I want to ask you a question: Do you think that your curves could work with other mouse than G502, to combat Destiny's AA?

P.S. Do you suggest also to "combat" Destiny's AA with XIM4, or it's better to have it?
« Last Edit: 09:44 AM - 07/16/16 by TigerToad »

Offline darksunm

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: gr1mmj0w6
« Reply #700 on: 11:36 AM - 07/16/16 »
RML,

I am using your setting and I love it.

About Hawkmoon, you can get those easy just do not forget pop 3 coins. COE, Raid even crucible
it is RNG so Good luck

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 06:01 PM - 07/16/16 »
Hi RML, I want to ask you a question: Do you think that your curves could work with other mouse than G502, to combat Destiny's AA?

P.S. Do you suggest also to "combat" Destiny's AA with XIM4, or it's better to have it?

Hey TigerToad,

First of all, Welcome to the Forum!  ;D

Secondly, you can use these curves on any mouse you see fit. Some will respond slightly different solely based on their performance grade, but the overall effect will be similar.

RML,

I am using your setting and I love it.

About Hawkmoon, you can get those easy just do not forget pop 3 coins. COE, Raid even crucible
it is RNG so Good luck

Glad it's working for you. Appreciate the feedback on Hawkmoon, I've been popping coins for awhile now with no luck. I get everything else pretty much ... @#$% game hates me!  ;)

I really wish you could sell or give gear to other players.  :P

Offline AFC

• Don't waste your time looking back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 12:13 PM - 07/19/16 »
Thanks!!!

Offline omglass

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: omglass
« Reply #703 on: 02:48 PM - 07/21/16 »
Does anyone have the actual numbers for the new curves RML posted? I'm a mobile xim app user and not sure how else to get the new curves input.

My Setup:
G502 - 12000 DPI
HIP - 13, YX ratio .85, Boost 95, Steady Aim [ON]
ADS - 6, YX ratio 1, Boost 80, Steady Aim [ON]
Sprint - 25, YX ratio .85, Boost 350, Steady Aim [OFF], 300ms activation delay.
Sparrow - 25, YX ratio .85, Boost 1000, Steady Aim [OFF]

Some of you requested that I revisit Destiny because it felt off after upgrading to STv2. That was pretty much the driving force behind the creation of this thread. Because I agreed, Destiny no longer felt right to me either. So I dove a little deeper. Well I'm happy to say, I'm excited about Destiny again. Because "For Me" this setup is the best the game has ever played for me hands down.

Here are the curves.

Complete setup copy/paste (you'll have to set the buttons to your liking of course)
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Destiny] START PASTE >>>
X4C: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:X4C
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

HIP: (looks similar to ADS but is different because it doesn't need quite as much acceleration)
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AA0aKThJW2+EnsjIyMjIyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

ADS:
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ABAgMEBQYXSJosjIyMjIyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

SPRINT: (I optimized this curve to compliment HIP, also make sure to add 300ms activation delay, that will eliminate the jerky feel when first activating sprint.)
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AA4cKjlHVWRygI6dq7nIyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Sparrow - Use ADS curve, works fine!  :)

Offline Paladuck

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 01:50 AM - 07/22/16 »
Hi RML,

This entire thread has just been an immensely helpful tool to configuring the XIM4 for Destiny.  Thank you so much for all your hard work! I started out a very high sensitivity and would copy and paste your settings and curves without a second thought.  The more I play however, the more I find myself using lower and lower sens and reverting back to a linear curve.

For most PC shooters where there is no aim assist, low sensitivity and 1:1 movement are paramount.  The lower sensitivity improves aim at the cost of speed.  Most pro FPS players will play at a sensitivity where a full 360 requires anywhere from 30-50cm of movement.  This means for rapid turning they are moving their entire arm.  Wrist movements are reserved for fine movements when locking onto an enemy.  For most people, having to move your entire arm across the mousepad to complete a turn is unnatural and exhausting, but ultimately I think it results in better aiming ability if you reserve the fine wrist movements for lining up a headshot.  A game with aim assist allows you to use a higher sensitivty than otherwise practical because aim assist will create some stickiness that slows down your reticle as you reach the desired point.  So essentially, at a higher sensitivity aim assist can operate to help your aim but doing what its intended to do.

Using a low sensitivty in games with aim assist like Destiny will punish you as you need to make a more dramatic movement to fight against the "stickiness" that aim assist provides. This introduces a variable as your mouse movements are going to be modified by the aim assist effect.  The curves allegedly fight against the "stickiness" by increasing velocity at lower speeds, but they also introduce an element of unpredictability, as the velocity will increase not only when aim assist is affecting you, but across the board.

The detriment to a low sensitivty is slower turn speed and is not ideal for weapons like shotguns where lookspeed is more important than aim.  This problem is compounded by Destiny's crap turn speed, especially the molasses turn speed while running.  But I do believe that learning to make "arm turns" instead of flicking your wrist can compensate for that. Once you get used to using your whole arm and not just wrist for turning, you minimize the disadvantages of a low sens.

Ultimately I've realized that it's much easier for me to deal with a linear curve, because I will have 1:1 movement except when I need to compensate in situations where I know aim assist will kick in, i.e. when I am locking onto a target.  I am slowly finding a linear curve to be preferable and more predictable than a ballistic curve where I cannot necessarily predict when the velocity increase will happen as I do not intuitively know the speed I'm moving and or when the curve will change velocities.  This is just pure speculation on my part, but I think the reason why thepr0's ADS curve has become very popular here is that it is much more linear than other curves people have previously used. 

Anyway, just some food for thought for anyone searching for that "perfect curve."  Try out linear curves and learn to compensate on your own for aim assist, without a ballistic curve.  You might find that you like it.  Thanks to everyone who has put so much work into making our Destiny experience better  :)

Admin