XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 728121 times)

Offline knox66

• View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 01/08/16)
« Reply #600 on: 10:51 PM - 05/21/16 »
Just wanted to say thanks for dusting off destiny and giving us some new insight!!

Offline GhettoFishcake

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 12:36 AM - 05/22/16 »
Thanks for the welcome, your efforts here and help from everyone else.

It's all set up and working as expected - had my doubts before buying and was ready for a quick Amazon return but I'm super happy! Wish I had this when BF4 released...

As a side (no rush for anyone to answer) What's Stv (1 / 2) - I've seen that mentioned a few times. I'm assuming software updates?

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/HellOnJerzZ
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZthepr0
« Reply #602 on: 03:14 AM - 05/22/16 »
RML dont use steady aim for destiny it is terrible..even boost on ADS makes it worst

Offline Bonjah

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: OlaBonjah
« Reply #603 on: 04:20 AM - 05/22/16 »
All right, so I dusted off Destiny, threw it in the XB1 and downloaded the Taken King. First off, the game has changed ALOT. I haven't played since the first DLC dropped (whenever that was). I'm loving all the changes, yet at the same time I'm feeling a bit lost. I'm going to have to do some research just to find out how to upgrade equipment and what's up with the currency, etc. Hmmm ...

I'm still using the Sniper from the Iron Banner and the Last Word. What those were the go to weapons when last I played, haha.

Anyways, I played for a couple of hrs. today. Mixed it up from bounties on Venus and some PvP. Utilizing the before mentioned weapons, I definitely noticed Aim Assist felt a lot stronger then what I remembered. I really struggled on both accounts trying to get head shots. I'm looking into some modified curves for ADS but it'll be awhile. I still like my HIP curve although I did eliminate the 500 boost and I use Steady Aim while in HIP.

I've also started another thread to discuss this with OBsIV. I would suggest you guys take a look at it and add your thoughts and findings. If you didn't know, the beta firmware utilizes STv2 which seems to be amplifying Aim Assist which is what I believe is causing the issue's a lot of you have been talking about in this thread. Which is why I decided to revisit the game in the first place.

I'm going to be running some test between STv1 and Stv2, with and without Steady Aim to try and figure this out. It will probably take some time though as I may just buy another XIM4 so I can easily bounce between the two. My early conclusion though is that YES, the game does feel different with STv2.

Cheers!
WOHOO!! He is back!![emoji322][emoji122][emoji1]
PS5 | XIM Apex & XIM4 | Asus Rog PG279 | Logitech G Pro & G903 | Ducky ONE | Destiny 2, COD: MW2, Apex, Overwatch

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #604 on: 10:12 AM - 05/22/16 »
All right, so I dusted off Destiny, threw it in the XB1 and downloaded the Taken King. First off, the game has changed ALOT. I haven't played since the first DLC dropped (whenever that was). I'm loving all the changes, yet at the same time I'm feeling a bit lost. I'm going to have to do some research just to find out how to upgrade equipment and what's up with the currency, etc. Hmmm ...

I'm still using the Sniper from the Iron Banner and the Last Word. What those were the go to weapons when last I played, haha.

Anyways, I played for a couple of hrs. today. Mixed it up from bounties on Venus and some PvP. Utilizing the before mentioned weapons, I definitely noticed Aim Assist felt a lot stronger then what I remembered. I really struggled on both accounts trying to get head shots. I'm looking into some modified curves for ADS but it'll be awhile. I still like my HIP curve although I did eliminate the 500 boost and I use Steady Aim while in HIP.

I've also started another thread to discuss this with OBsIV. I would suggest you guys take a look at it and add your thoughts and findings. If you didn't know, the beta firmware utilizes STv2 which seems to be amplifying Aim Assist which is what I believe is causing the issue's a lot of you have been talking about in this thread. Which is why I decided to revisit the game in the first place.

I'm going to be running some test between STv1 and Stv2, with and without Steady Aim to try and figure this out. It will probably take some time though as I may just buy another XIM4 so I can easily bounce between the two. My early conclusion though is that YES, the game does feel different with STv2.

Cheers!

It's confirmed! I'm not going crazy at all!! STv2 does really feel different.  Good to know your running tests. I can be at peace now.
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO"
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 06:46 PM - 05/22/16 »
100,000 and counting!

That deserves a little Dinkle ...

Truly proud of this thread and how much it's helped the community. Let's not stop here, keep your setups coming guys. That's what community is about.

Cheers!

Offline Bonjah

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: OlaBonjah
« Reply #606 on: 12:17 AM - 05/23/16 »
100,000 and counting!

That deserves a little Dinkle ...

Truly proud of this thread and how much it's helped the community. Let's not stop here, keep your setups coming guys. That's what community is about.

Cheers!
And we are so thankful for all you knowledge u provide to us. Me myself are very noob to make my own settings. But I can test and give feedback how I think it feels. Keep up the good work! And thats to all of you, that share your own settings to the community! THANK YOU!!
PS5 | XIM Apex & XIM4 | Asus Rog PG279 | Logitech G Pro & G903 | Ducky ONE | Destiny 2, COD: MW2, Apex, Overwatch

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO"
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 05:02 PM - 05/24/16 »
Hey guys, unfortunately my time has run out (for gaming). I'll be back at it probably around the beginning of July.

I'll leave you with this RAW curve for ADS and a suggestion on managing Aim Assist. I also believe OBsIV is going to take a second look at Steady Aim and see if anything can be done to insure it's behaving as STv1 would.

My Suggestion ...

- Try to push yourself to play at the highest sensitivity that you can control and with as high of DPI as you can. My personal preference for DPI and this game is still 8000, beyond that and it gets too Jittery for me. My testing has proven to me that High sens and high DPI do help combat AA. Unfortunately it can change the overall feel of the game and may push you a little out of your comfort zone. But remember the ability to control fast turns isn't only going to help combat AA it is also what really separates us from the controller users and the faster your movement is the greater the advantage you will have against them.

Here's the curve, sry I didn't have more time to spend with this as I was running other test. But this felt better to me then my prior curve. I also tried thepRo's curve and although it wasn't aggressive enough for me, I would suggest that others give it a go. You never know until you try.

Add as much Sens to this as you can control and see how it works for you.

ADS:
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ABs2UWyBjJOaoaeutLvByMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

One last note, the only other thing I changed was with HIP. I kept the curve but eliminated the boost and turned Steady Aim off. Everything else felt fine to me.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: 05:08 PM - 05/24/16 by RML »

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #608 on: 05:20 PM - 05/24/16 »
Hey guys, unfortunately my time has run out (for gaming). I'll be back at it probably around the beginning of July.

I'll leave you with this RAW curve for ADS and a suggestion on managing Aim Assist. I also believe OBsIV is going to take a second look at Steady Aim and see if anything can be done to insure it's behaving as STv1 would.

My Suggestion ...

- Try to push yourself to play at the highest sensitivity that you can control and with as high of DPI as you can. My personal preference for DPI and this game is still 8000, beyond that and it gets too Jittery for me. My testing has proven to me that High sens and high DPI do help combat AA. Unfortunately it can change the overall feel of the game and may push you a little out of your comfort zone. But remember the ability to control fast turns isn't only going to help combat AA it is also what really separates us from the controller users and the faster your movement is the greater the advantage you will have against them.

Here's the curve, sry I didn't have more time to spend with this as I was running other test. But this felt better to me then my prior curve. I also tried thepRo's curve and although it wasn't aggressive enough for me, I would suggest that others give it a go. You never know until you try.

Add as much Sens to this as you can control and see how it works for you.

ADS:
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ABs2UWyBjJOaoaeutLvByMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

One last note, the only other thing I changed was with HIP. I kept the curve but eliminated the boost and turned Steady Aim off. Everything else felt fine to me.

Cheers!

Thanks again for all your hard work RML. Be safe and Happy trip!
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 05/24/16)
« Reply #609 on: 05:29 PM - 05/24/16 »
I'm going to mess around with this as well while your gone and see what comes of it! Safe travels brother!
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO"
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 05:30 AM - 05/25/16 »
If I could add anything it would be to try and create a close encounter curve and a long range curve for sniping. Aggressive vs. smooth. The G502 is good for this as it already has a sniper button, maybe just use it for lower DPI with my curve for long range. Lower DPI also seems to add more Aim Assist which could be beneficial at mid-long range.

Good luck gentleman!

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 05:41 AM - 05/25/16 »
That's not a bad idea or you could use a key that you activate a sniper profile with your pinky and lower the XIM Sens for better long range micro movements. Also possibly add some accel to the end of the curve for when you are zoomed in and you find it necessary to stay zoomed in but you want to snap to another target. The possibilities are endless. Once I get home from this vaca I'll jump on and start getting the creative juices flowing. I'll use your original profile setup as my starting point if you don't mind RML.
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO"
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 05:46 AM - 05/25/16 »
Of course not, that's what this whole thread was about to begin with. A blue print of sorts for others to learn and share from.

Knock yourself out bro!

To ALL, there are other things playing into all of this as well. Please follow this thread and share any findings you may have to help team XIM troubleshoot STv2, Aim Assist and DPI concerns.
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=46808.0

Thank you!
« Last Edit: 05:50 AM - 05/25/16 by RML »

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 05:49 AM - 05/25/16 »
That's not a bad idea or you could use a key that you activate a sniper profile with your pinky and lower the XIM Sens for better long range micro movements. Also possibly add some accel to the end of the curve for when you are zoomed in and you find it necessary to stay zoomed in but you want to snap to another target. The possibilities are endless. Once I get home from this vaca I'll jump on and start getting the creative juices flowing. I'll use your original profile setup as my starting point if you don't mind RML.

I've done this before just by using the 'change weapon' button as the activation (with toggle) for a seperate sniper only curve and use another mouse button as a deactivation key

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 05:53 AM - 05/25/16 »

I've done this before just by using the 'change weapon' button as the activation (with toggle) for a seperate sniper only curve and use another mouse button as a deactivation key
Yea making multiple deactivation keys works best. Only thing I'm not a huge fan of for toggle is that things happen in the heat of the moment so if its stuck on the wrong profile that can be very irritating!! Things like toggle for Vehicles is amazing I just find that for me personally I don't like to toggle for weapons.

Admin