XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 718856 times)

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 01/08/16)
« Reply #495 on: 01:14 AM - 02/13/16 »
You got the wrong firmware. That's why it looks like that.

R3MiX, I have firmware 4.00.20141114, which is the latest firmware. Is there any way to update the code/graphs to work with the latest firmware or should we just eyeball it?
That is not the current firmware. Go to
XIM4/Downloads/Release Candidates/20160121 Firmware.

Download both Firmware and Manager.
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 09:46 AM - 02/13/16 »
Hey RML, long time user of your Destiny setup (but mapped a little different for personal comfort), so much so i haven't checked back in a while.
Have just been looking through the running and sparrow profiles which i never bothered to implement as i was fine without, going to give them a trial now. In regards to not using run as toggle, would it not be a viable option to having multiple deactivation keys such as ADS, melee, crouch etc. whilst in toggle?
Unfortunately it's a feature I wasn't aware of, so I'm not sure how many keys are available to allocate to deactivation.

Cheers,
Matt

The problem with run in Destiny is your character gets tired after running for a bit. Sure having several deactivation keys can help you stay on the right ST but it still could cause a few issues I imagine. The deactivation keys didn't exist when I first created this setup though.

Hello RML,

im using ur config on PS4 with a G502. sometimes it feels strange when i snipe.

my question is what DPI u are using and whats about the ADS or HIP translator on ADS? or Steady Aim?

is this important? or is something that must be changed on the config for the PS4?

thanks to u

I was using 8000 dpi when I created this and I used HIP ST for HIP and ADS for ADS. I've never tried the HIP ST with ADS but imagine it would probably feel really slow. If anything I would try ADS ST with both HIP and ADS if you're having sniping issues. The biggest problem with Destiny is the different ADS delay times and Aim Assist from weapon to weapon. There's really no solid setting that works across every gun unfortunately.

Thanks to everyone helping other members in this thread, I appreciate it.  :)

Offline realcoolioman

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Realcoolioman
« Reply #497 on: 10:02 AM - 02/13/16 »

Thanks so much, R3MiX. Sorry for seeming like a noob here. It's because I am lol. I was going off the info here: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?board=81.0

Should be good to go now! :-)

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #498 on: 10:57 AM - 02/13/16 »

Thanks so much, R3MiX. Sorry for seeming like a noob here. It's because I am lol. I was going off the info here: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?board=81.0

Should be good to go now! :-)

No Problem. Feel free to add me on psn. You can join up with me,raven,spidey,and others for some destiny action.
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline marhag81

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 05:19 PM - 02/13/16 »
Hey RML,

Thanks for the setup.

In return, I'll post my pics of your setup. It helped me alot after I needed a overview of your buttons and so that I could replace them with my old button setup, but in your order to make the setup work.

Hope this can help make it easier for someone else as well.

Offline flst81

• Go Noles!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pl3zd0ntsh00tm3
« Reply #500 on: 07:40 PM - 02/13/16 »
Marhag81, don't forget to add your mouse DPI  so people know
Xim 4| Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 | Glorious Extended mouse pad| Razer Vespula | Asus MX279H monitor |  ROCCAT APURI Active USB Hub | XB1

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 07:34 AM - 02/14/16 »
Thanks for taking the time to share that marhag81.

Offline splinter36

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 10:54 AM - 02/15/16 »
How can I increase vertical sensitivity only?

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/HellOnJerzZ
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZthepr0
« Reply #503 on: 11:02 AM - 02/15/16 »
RML do you still use angle snappin on your mouse settings?

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 06:17 PM - 02/15/16 »
How can I increase vertical sensitivity only?

Just increase your Y,X ratio number. Default is 1.0 I would suggest adding .2 at a time until the desired result is met/

1.2, 1.4, etc.

RML do you still use angle snappin on your mouse settings?

Yep! But that's with Logitech mice, I can't vouch for any other brand.

Offline TheWalt

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 02:08 PM - 02/16/16 »
Just wanted to check in again on this thread.  I can offiicially say that I'm as good or better now with the XIM4 setup as I ever was with the joystick.  When first trying out the XIM4, I made a lot of changes to RML's setup to what I thought would feel better for me, but RML had reasons for setting things up the way he did, and I've come to see the light in most, if not all, of his decisions. 
I've got the option to play with either the NAV controller or the left half of my Elite controller (it's nice having two paddles as additional control options).  I just updated to the latest firmware (Jan 2016), which went as smooth as could be, and I didn't even have to reload my custom Destiny profile.  I also got the NAV controller connected wirelessly to the XIM, and boy, not having that usb cord attached is niiiice and helps with some of the ergonomic issues I had with the NAV.

Thanks for staying tuned to this thread RML.  I need to go research angle snapping now to see how it impacts me. :) 

Offline splinter36

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 03:32 PM - 02/16/16 »
I cannot get XIM4 to recognize the macro I created with my G402.  How do I get a "double-tap" to be recognized? I followed the tutorial but I still have to press it twice. I put a delay between the key press (up and down) of 500 (.50) and every tenth of a fraction in between - nothing works.

Any suggestions? Is it just the button I'm mapping? It's recognized in XIM as the button I'm trying to map but in game it does not respond the way I want it to.

Offline TheWalt

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 05:05 PM - 02/16/16 »
EDIT:
I think this may be your problem:

In the XIM software, do not map the physical mouse button you're using to program your macros in LGS.

My first, probably hard to understand response, follows:

So you need to separate out the button mapping in the XIM4 software from the commands in your LGS.  RML has secondary mappings to the joystick buttons, which are the keyboard mappings he uses when programming macros. 

For instance, he has MScrollDown mapped on Primary to his Y button (triangle on PS4).  So that's what he uses to switch weapons.  He as KPad0 mapped on Secondary to his Y button (triangle on PS4).  So he uses KPad0 in the LGS software (press KPad0, hold 1.8s, release KPad0), mapped to the K1 button on the mouse.  So when he presses K1 (which is not mapped in the XIM software), the XIM will see the macro that is being run from the on board mouse memory, and his Heavy Weapon will be equipped.

Does that make sense?  I think you might be mapping your programmed mouse button from LGS to XIM, so XIM will interpret that before the macro ever has a chance to work.
« Last Edit: 05:10 PM - 02/16/16 by TheWalt »

Offline TheWalt

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 05:12 PM - 02/16/16 »
EDIT:
I think this may be your problem:

In the XIM software, do not map the physical mouse button you're using to program your macros in LGS.
You may need to add a keyboard to the XIM and map those buttons as a source for what your LGS macros will be programmed to do, unless you're starting from RML's setup.

My first, probably hard to understand response, follows:

So you need to separate out the button mapping in the XIM4 software from the commands in your LGS.  RML has secondary mappings to the joystick buttons, which are the keyboard mappings he uses when programming macros. 

For instance, he has MScrollDown mapped on Primary to his Y button (triangle on PS4).  So that's what he uses to switch weapons.  He as KPad0 mapped on Secondary to his Y button (triangle on PS4).  So he uses KPad0 in the LGS software (press KPad0, hold 1.8s, release KPad0), mapped to the K1 button on the mouse.  So when he presses K1 (which is not mapped in the XIM software), the XIM will see the macro that is being run from the on board mouse memory, and his Heavy Weapon will be equipped.

Does that make sense?  I think you might be mapping your programmed mouse button from LGS to XIM, so XIM will interpret that before the macro ever has a chance to work.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 08:21 PM - 02/16/16 »
^ I think you nailed it!  ;)

You NEVER want to assign an in game command to a button that will be used for a Macro. If you do XIM4 will execute the in game command first or it may even override the macro making it useless. As TheWalt mentioned about my Macro for Heavy Weapon. I use the snipe button on the G502 to activate the macro and that's all I use it for. I have NO button commands assigned to it that would act out in game when pressed. You only want it to run the script and nothing else. The script will tell manager what the in game command/commands should be.
« Last Edit: 08:29 PM - 02/16/16 by RML »

Admin