XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 721781 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 01/08/16)
« Reply #435 on: 09:45 AM - 01/17/16 »
Yeah, pretty much every weapon in this game has a different feel do to variances in aim assist. I believe ads delay is different as well.

I haven't played in months though, so ... don't quote me on that.  :P

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #436 on: 03:12 PM - 01/17/16 »
I am still having a tough time making Destiny really feel right.

From a 400 dpi mouse and nasty keyboard, to a g502, NAV and latest manager and firmware. I have a steel series mousepad, I can't justfiy dropping more money on a Razer glass coated mouse pad right now to continue and try to get this to work.

I don't want to quit on it either. Especially in games when it seemed to be clicking. Here's the problems, help is appreciated. Sticking with the same set up, gear, and curves this happens.

ADS, aim in general.

1) inconsistentcy. No two matches. No two ads situations. No two movements ever feel identical. I'm running 8200 dpi, 500 hz, as suggested. I always feel somehow slowed down when raising my reticle past an enemies neck. Fast and smooth, then molasses. In Trials of Osiris this has been match ending. This aggravates me because at 1k plus game time, attempting objectivity in review of my play, I don't feel it's me. I will have a smooth 1.5-2kd win. Glowing. Feel amazing. Then same enemies, same set up, getting spit on - consistent .3-.5 kds.

No two movements are feeling alike.

I encounter the opposite problem, if I'm bringing down a reticle or get past the enemy head, my reticle gains major acceleration in whatever direction I was pushing. Our problem with Destiny is that each gun has a level of aim assist as a base stat, creating all sorts of odd effects. For instance, the sidearm Havoc Pigeon is magic with RML's ADS curve. You fight recoil. Your sight goes where you aim it. Switch it to a sniper Defiance of Yasmin, high AA, you gain ghost acceleration and intereria.

Turn and look speed.

2) movement. Turn and look speed. This is a fixture with Destiny and XiM. I've had 2500 boost, 12000 dpi, with a self made curve that was nigh a straight line 100,100 feel the closest to smooth. Then I'm constantly readjusting the mouspad. Mouse position. Arm position. Looking at the curve. I'm using turn assist like a crutch, and doing so makes things jarring. While a comfortable hunter blinks on you, moving smoothly for a kill.

Okay, this has given me an education by fire in ballistic curves. Some of it can be chalked up to bad play/decisions. But the other 95/100? Not sure.

Not hating on XiM. It's a bad @#$% piece of tech,. Easy to use. Hating on Destiny's obtuse m+kb translation. I was a platinum rumbler before deciding to switch. Knew there would be a transition, learning pains, but this was my answer to scuff and Xbox elite controllers now flooding in. Getting down hearted and frustrated with my gameplay here. Would love help or advice finding that sweet spot.

I think you're over-thinking it. Stick to one setup, find weapons that shoot straight & hit hard and get used to it. Destiny's turn-speed and AA mechanics are what they are, a Xim can only do so much to mitigate the problems.

When I play well, I go 4-5KD. When things aren't going my way, it's more like 0.5-1KD. It's a 50/50 bet either way on a game-to-game basis. Not to mention internet lag from peers can have a dramatic effect on the outcome, and that's something you cannot control beyond your own connection.

Destiny is just a game - I know I'm far better with a Xim than a pad, so I just suck it up and try to have fun instead of worrying about meaningless interwebs stats and tweaking the ring out of what are already the best possible controls, for me, in m/kb.
« Last Edit: 03:18 PM - 01/17/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline blackpaintist

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 08:38 AM - 01/18/16 »
Hey, I appreciate the replies. Thank you. 1) yes Destiny can be frustrating. 2) practice. All my skill and practice were in sticks. High level skill in Destiny with sticks, is swiping or aiming with your body.

These curves break AA. I'm just totally unused to actually aimimg my reticle -- perhaps proving the old adage of pc fps being more competitive than console.

Also, after using XiM, you learn how ridiculous it is that people feel this is an advantage. I'd read dozens of posts, some clear headed, others expressing: it's point and click, you get to use a metal Bat in a wooden bat  league, etc,. If you're used to console shooters, make the switch expexting an advantage, it won't happen.

To other console users thinking on getting an elite, scuff, or XIM: XiM is your best option. Why? I can buy a new mouse, mouse pad, use different settings, play different games. All the independence available to you on pc. It's not xXx420NoScopesxXx hacking gear. It's a mouse and keyboard.

The fix. 1) stick with a set up. Just accepting the curves, then not touching them. 2) understand XiM is not a cheat, you have to play well. Then if you're like me and switched thinking you may have gotten an advantage, realize you now need to reach yourself mind a new controller - a much better controller.
« Last Edit: 08:43 AM - 01/18/16 by blackpaintist »

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 11:30 AM - 01/18/16 »
^ Here's my opinion on XIM Vs. Gamepad. You can be really good with either, if you put the time in. However the Skill cap on XIM is higher then it is with a gamepad. Therefore, (with a little practice) XIM will outperform a gamepad with ANY FPS that has a decent turn speed cap.

It's like the Karate master Vs. the Kung Fu master, LOL ...

I'll take Bruce Lee over Chuck Norris every time!

But there's no denying both of them were really good at what they did.  ;)
« Last Edit: 12:15 PM - 01/18/16 by RML »

Offline jjscarfo

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 02:40 PM - 01/18/16 »
Thanks for posting your setup bro, it's been very helpful for a first time xim4 user.  I am using the playstation nav controller and logitech g502 mouse as per your post.  I ran a few crucible matches with the features I was able to setup, but I was unable to pick up special/heavy ammo and revive teammates.  I have have my reload button as one of the mouse buttons, which works fine, but when I hold it down nothing happens in game.  Do I need to set up some advanced controls features within the logitech software to fix this?  Thanks again.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 07:52 PM - 01/18/16 »
Thanks for posting your setup bro, it's been very helpful for a first time xim4 user.  I am using the playstation nav controller and logitech g502 mouse as per your post.  I ran a few crucible matches with the features I was able to setup, but I was unable to pick up special/heavy ammo and revive teammates.  I have have my reload button as one of the mouse buttons, which works fine, but when I hold it down nothing happens in game.  Do I need to set up some advanced controls features within the logitech software to fix this?  Thanks again.

Hi jjscarfo, welcome to the community!

I haven't played in a long time, what button or buttons are used for picking up teammates and weapons? My guess is Y (triangle) or X (square). As a general rule of thumb, you should always double bind any buttons that you have bound to scroll up or scroll down.

Offline charleslaine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Cyonyde
« Reply #441 on: 05:07 AM - 01/19/16 »
I have a Logitech G700s and it's max DPI is 8200.  Your config is built around the G502 and I think it's DPI is 1200.  Would this DPI difference affect the way my mouse interacts with your config?  I'm wondering if your config would feel overly "slow" with my lower DPI mouse.  And therefore I'm wondering if I need to increase the sensitivity settings.

You have the following sensitivity settings...

hip - 25
ADS - 11.25
sprint - 47.5
sparrow - 50

For the g700 I'm wondering if I need to increase all these just a little bit to get the seem overall feel as your g502.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 10:14 AM - 01/19/16 »
I have a Logitech G700s and it's max DPI is 8200.  Your config is built around the G502 and I think it's DPI is 1200.  Would this DPI difference affect the way my mouse interacts with your config?  I'm wondering if your config would feel overly "slow" with my lower DPI mouse.  And therefore I'm wondering if I need to increase the sensitivity settings.

hip - 25
ADS - 11.25
sprint - 47.5
sparrow - 50

For the g700 I'm wondering if I need to increase all these just a little bit to get the seem overall feel as your g502.

I actually set this up at 8000 dpi, not 12,000. I also have the G700 and it's lazer sensor is actually a little more sensitive then the G502.

If you're trying to experience the game like I am, then I would say there's no reason to change any settings as you should be really close already.

The only tid bit I can probably offer is, make sure you're using slower, consistent mouse movement with XIM. Another words, on PC you can whip your mouse all over the mat and not lose any movement. You can't do that on console because of the games built in max turn speed limit.

As a general rule of thumb, try not to move your mouse faster then 4-6 inches per second. 

Offline TheWalt

• View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 12/02/15)
« Reply #443 on: 11:03 AM - 01/19/16 »
Here's my modified setup (I'm not using Green Thumb)
http://imgur.com/rNGBxiA

Basically, I'm used to right mouse button being scope, so I swapped the NAV trigger to jump.  The other problem I was having while testing the setup was sprinting/crouching (which was happening at all the wrong moments).  I've made the NAV bumper button B for crouching now, and the NAV stick button sprint (like I have been doing in Destiny all along).  I think now with this setup, I'll actually be able to play as well as I had with the regular xbox controller in the past, and should be able to start making vast improvements in my gameplay once I get used to the new setup.  Thanks for all the help RML!

(couldn't figure out how to get a picture to show up in the post, so I made a link)

So your holding down the stick button while sprinting? Or did you make the Run Config toggle instead of hold behavior. I didn't use the stick button because I found that toggle didn't work well with run and holding down that button while running is a pain. Then you have to remember to press the button again everytime you stop running if using toggle. Plus sometimes you don't run when you push the button, but now you've activated your run config. You push it again and start running but then you've also just Deactivated your run config. Like I said in the OP, Toggle and Run are a frustrating endeavor.

EDIT: Just added this video to the OP. I have had a lot of questions about LGS, hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlxpCgD853c&feature=youtu.be
So I actually wasn't using the sprint template at all, just hitting the button to enable sprint and using the regular HIPS setup.  I'm still in the process of transitioning from joystick to XIM, where right now I'm about even playskill with either setup.  I'm still trying to figure out where my melee and grenades are most comfortable, as I've had a few issues with accidentally hitting the K3 button on the mouse (the one right next to LB).  Of course, with the multiple setups, it's important that all the templates and secondary buttons are aligned, so that's still a challenge.  It's definitely a game ender when I accidentally hit the sparrow macro in the middle of a PVP match and don't remember how to get back to my main config, so I'm still learning.  I think I'd like to try the XIM4 at a desktop for true mouse & keyboard, rather than my current mouse & nav on the couch.  I'm currently relegated to the couch based on my home A/V setup.

Offline charleslaine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Cyonyde
« Reply #444 on: 11:35 AM - 01/19/16 »

hip - 25
ADS - 11.25
sprint - 47.5
sparrow - 50

I actually set this up at 8000 dpi, not 12,000. I also have the G700 and it's lazer sensor is actually a little more sensitive then the G502.

If you're trying to experience the game like I am, then I would say there's no reason to change any settings as you should be really close already.

The only tid bit I can probably offer is, make sure you're using slower, consistent mouse movement with XIM. Another words, on PC you can whip your mouse all over the mat and not lose any movement. You can't do that on console because of the games built in max turn speed limit.

As a general rule of thumb, try not to move your mouse faster then 4-6 inches per second.

Dude, thanks for all the amazing help with this stuff!  I just started using your config and it is so much better than the stock out-of-the-box template for Destiny!

Offline RunnionDvain

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: runniondvain
« Reply #445 on: 01:00 PM - 01/19/16 »
I'm struggling to figure out where to paste the code...  Some tips?

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 01:34 PM - 01/19/16 »
I'm struggling to figure out where to paste the code...  Some tips?

Go to the Advanced settings link in my signature, read through it and watch the videos, then come back here when you're ready ;)

And ... make sure you're running the latest firmware/manager.

Offline hurtmep1nty

• Much like you, I have opinions.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Channel
  • Gamertag: Doomthulsa
« Reply #447 on: 01:18 PM - 01/21/16 »
Any idea on how to bind "Shade Step" to a button? It's a hunter sub class in destiny and in order to achieve this move you have to double tap B quickly.

Any idea on how I could incorporate this into your config RML? Right now double clicking down on the left thumb pad is clunky and a pain. Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
What is best in life?
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 02:12 PM - 01/21/16 »
Any idea on how to bind "Shade Step" to a button? It's a hunter sub class in destiny and in order to achieve this move you have to double tap B quickly.

Any idea on how I could incorporate this into your config RML? Right now double clicking down on the left thumb pad is clunky and a pain. Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sure ... if you're using a Logitech mouse just watch the video I made on applying a macro to XIM manager. Then it's just as simple as finding out the right delay setting between button presses.

The video toward the bottom of the OP, or you can click on the Advanced settings link in my sig. It's there too.

Offline hurtmep1nty

• Much like you, I have opinions.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Channel
  • Gamertag: Doomthulsa
« Reply #449 on: 02:41 PM - 01/21/16 »
Thank RML!  8)
What is best in life?
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Admin