XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 719444 times)

Offline walklikeazombie

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: leethecheese
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 12/02/15)
« Reply #405 on: 06:11 AM - 12/31/15 »
Thank you very much for all the effort you have put into making, maintaining and supporting this config RDL, it's really appreciated.

I am new to the XIM4 and have only been using it for a week. I've found Destiny really easy to adapt to because of your config, it's brilliant. Thanks again!

There's only one issue that I am having now and that is with sprinting and jumping. I am using the Corsair K70 (in Bios mode as suggested in the supported peripherals list). Basically, I can't press jump at the same time as I am holding down shift for run, is this an issue anyone else has? It's just a little frustrating how I have to let go of sprint in order to jump.
I'm using the same keyboard. I do not notice this issue. I mainly use RML setup but changed the buttons around.  I'd say it would have to be with your bindings?

Offline Griff

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 12:31 PM - 01/02/16 »
Thank you very much for all the effort you have put into making, maintaining and supporting this config RDL, it's really appreciated.

I am new to the XIM4 and have only been using it for a week. I've found Destiny really easy to adapt to because of your config, it's brilliant. Thanks again!

There's only one issue that I am having now and that is with sprinting and jumping. I am using the Corsair K70 (in Bios mode as suggested in the supported peripherals list). Basically, I can't press jump at the same time as I am holding down shift for run, is this an issue anyone else has? It's just a little frustrating how I have to let go of sprint in order to jump.

It sounds like "Jump" is missing from your sprint secondary config. You just need to add it to the button layout, simple as that.

Hey RML and everybody who has been helping...

I was just stupid and missed out the sprint configuration buttons as RML mentioned, thank you very much for all of your help guys. It's much appreciated.

Am absolutely LOVING this config and the XIM in general... Good times :)

Happy new year everybody!

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 05:09 PM - 01/02/16 »
Glad you figured it out Griff, good times!

Offline Griff

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 11:54 AM - 01/03/16 »
Glad you figured it out Griff, good times!

Thanks RML :)

I've got a few more questions now! Haha.

Basically, I've really adapted to a nice sniper/hand cannon config with regards to sensitivity and I am really enjoying it. However, when wanting to try a bit of shotgun fun, i find the sensitivity is way too low for that style of gameplay.

So I was just wondering if there is anyone to set-up multiple configs for different game-styles which can be toggled between when wanting to swap from sniper/shotgun. If so, it it possible to assign a key to toggle /select these configs?

I have a feeling there is as I have seen the 'hotkey' assign in the top left of the app.

Cheers,

Griff

Offline sT0rMboRN

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 09:50 PM - 01/04/16 »
I cant seem to get this setup to work. I have the latest firmware and manager installed. So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone and have flashed my xim4 as per instructions on the downloads page. The app tells me I have 20141114 installed for both firmware and app.
I dont see a place to paste the first code to after hitting the ... near the color block. Also when i try to paste a ballistics curve it looks nothing like rml's. Thanks for your help

Offline sT0rMboRN

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 10:28 PM - 01/04/16 »
Just downloaded/flashed the 20151120 for my xim4. Unfortunately i cant seem to be able to connect the manager with my xim now. Im downloading from the google store what Im guessing is a compatible manager to firmware? Any help would be helpful

Offline ScopeLoc

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 08:13 AM - 01/05/16 »
I downloaded firmware manager and phone manager from on computer then  Bluetooth the phone manager to the phone and it worked great on both computer and phone.   

Offline flyingbanana

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 12:12 PM - 01/05/16 »
This config is so extremely helpful, thank you so much.
Also got my G502 today, I'm loving it.

Offline sT0rMboRN

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 01:43 PM - 01/05/16 »
Was able to get the manager to finally download and work on my phone but not on my pc:/
Copied and pasted the setup into the Destiny config last night before a Crucible match. Work great but I need to increase sens a bit for my playstyle. Had trouble connecting manager to my xim again when I tried to tweak settings. I will try again tonight when I get home.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 08:33 AM - 01/06/16 »
Was able to get the manager to finally download and work on my phone but not on my pc:/
Copied and pasted the setup into the Destiny config last night before a Crucible match. Work great but I need to increase sens a bit for my playstyle. Had trouble connecting manager to my xim again when I tried to tweak settings. I will try again tonight when I get home.

Make sure you completely uninstall any old versions of manager from your PC before upgrading and if you're upgrading from 1114 version it will be a breaking chg. meaning you'll have to do a factory reset when prompted. This will erase all of your configs. unfortunately.   :(

Offline etancross

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 05:01 PM - 01/07/16 »
I really don't want to risk losing all my current profiles and im not really comfortable doing the upgrade.  Im just wondering will the xim4 eventually get the upgrade to the version these profiles were built in so myself or anyone else not wanting to lose all their profiles can use these profiles you've created?

They are really great, i feel like im missing out, but i just don't want to risk hosing up something.

Offline eatandsleep

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 08:47 PM - 01/07/16 »
RML... thank you very much.  i owe you a beer, my friend

Offline TheWalt

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 09:33 AM - 01/08/16 »
Here's my modified setup (I'm not using Green Thumb)
http://imgur.com/rNGBxiA

Basically, I'm used to right mouse button being scope, so I swapped the NAV trigger to jump.  The other problem I was having while testing the setup was sprinting/crouching (which was happening at all the wrong moments).  I've made the NAV bumper button B for crouching now, and the NAV stick button sprint (like I have been doing in Destiny all along).  I think now with this setup, I'll actually be able to play as well as I had with the regular xbox controller in the past, and should be able to start making vast improvements in my gameplay once I get used to the new setup.  Thanks for all the help RML!

(couldn't figure out how to get a picture to show up in the post, so I made a link)

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 10:56 AM - 01/08/16 »
Here's my modified setup (I'm not using Green Thumb)
http://imgur.com/rNGBxiA

Basically, I'm used to right mouse button being scope, so I swapped the NAV trigger to jump.  The other problem I was having while testing the setup was sprinting/crouching (which was happening at all the wrong moments).  I've made the NAV bumper button B for crouching now, and the NAV stick button sprint (like I have been doing in Destiny all along).  I think now with this setup, I'll actually be able to play as well as I had with the regular xbox controller in the past, and should be able to start making vast improvements in my gameplay once I get used to the new setup.  Thanks for all the help RML!

(couldn't figure out how to get a picture to show up in the post, so I made a link)

So your holding down the stick button while sprinting? Or did you make the Run Config toggle instead of hold behavior. I didn't use the stick button because I found that toggle didn't work well with run and holding down that button while running is a pain. Then you have to remember to press the button again everytime you stop running if using toggle. Plus sometimes you don't run when you push the button, but now you've activated your run config. You push it again and start running but then you've also just Deactivated your run config. Like I said in the OP, Toggle and Run are a frustrating endeavor.

EDIT: Just added this video to the OP. I have had a lot of questions about LGS, hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlxpCgD853c&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: 12:55 PM - 01/08/16 by RML »

Offline blackpaintist

• View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 01/08/16)
« Reply #419 on: 10:14 PM - 01/10/16 »
I just watched your lgs video. Working on getting that to work tonight.

To clarify, your mouse registers how long you have the button held down to switch its onboard settings, when then correlate to manager. For example I switch to heavy in game by holding down weapon change. Mouse registers this hold and release and so go to its onboard settings. You change weapons ago, the macro sees another button press and switches back?

I see your XiM is set up to toggle on weapon swap...so how do you manage that the XiM is in heavy mode?

If I can get this it's totally possible to create different macros for each weapon type. In a limited capacity.

Admin