XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 719046 times)

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 10/08/15)
« Reply #285 on: 04:31 PM - 10/19/15 »
Hey RML I dont know if I am blind or something, but I cant find what DPI you use on your mouse.

Thanks

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #286 on: 07:19 PM - 10/19/15 »
How do I get my mouse to say KPad 1, KPad 2, etc.... like it does in your mouse profile? I also was unable to return back to orbit by holding Y (scroll down), I need to hold it. How do I hold a scroll down, I thought I could push the scroll wheel in, it worked about half way and then stopped. Do anyone have the LGS Mouse settings, I thought I set it up correct but if I select a button on the Xim and press a button on my mouse it doesn't say KPad anything, except for the multi buttons I created? Thanks in advance.
ping" width="200" height="200

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 07:30 PM - 10/19/15 »
In the Destiny thread you said Quote: IMPORTANT!! Some of my setup will not work properly without following my instructions for mouse settings within LGS.

What are all of your mouse settings you have in LGS, I see in your Xim4 settings everything has a KPad 1-8 settings, how do you label your mouse as KPad 1-8? Can anyone help me with setting this up properly, everything isn't working correct for me, it might be easier for me to just go through his steps to get it to work and not use his copy and paste his personal settings config.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 08:34 PM - 10/19/15 »
In the Destiny thread you said Quote: IMPORTANT!! Some of my setup will not work properly without following my instructions for mouse settings within LGS.

What are all of your mouse settings you have in LGS, I see in your Xim4 settings everything has a KPad 1-8 settings, how do you label your mouse as KPad 1-8? Can anyone help me with setting this up properly, everything isn't working correct for me, it might be easier for me to just go through his steps to get it to work and not use his copy and paste his personal settings config.

All my settings in LGS are shown in the Imgur pics. Kpad 1-8 are just the numbers on the right side of the keyboard. I use those because I don't even use a keyboard. I only use a keypad because I don't need that many buttons and it takes up very little space. If you use the numbers on the right side of your laptop or keyboard it will be the same.

How do I get my mouse to say KPad 1, KPad 2, etc.... like it does in your mouse profile? I also was unable to return back to orbit by holding Y (scroll down), I need to hold it. How do I hold a scroll down, I thought I could push the scroll wheel in, it worked about half way and then stopped. Do anyone have the LGS Mouse settings, I thought I set it up correct but if I select a button on the Xim and press a button on my mouse it doesn't say KPad anything, except for the multi buttons I created? Thanks in advance.

For "Go to Orbit" I'm actually using the scroll wheel button (press it in), not scroll wheel down. I assigned the macro as Kpad 7 (secondary select) and Kpad 8 (secondary Y). So just add the delays between 7 and 8 in LGS like I did, then make sure they're setup correctly within Manager under secondary buttons. Again, if you're using my layout, manager is good to go!

Hey RML I dont know if I am blind or something, but I cant find what DPI you use on your mouse.

Thanks

Lol ... It's in my signature, my friend.  ;)

Hello RML

Thanks for your hard work, I recently purchased xim4 and I must say your hard work to make Destiny better on xim is one of the reason I decided to purchase it.

I wanted to ask if I copy paste your includes everything code will it work with ps4? or is there anything specific i have to do in order to get it working properly on the ps4

Thanks!

Everything will work fine with PS4, the only difference is the button designs, i.e. X on PS4 is A on XB1 I believe.

Hope that helps guys!

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 12:00 PM - 10/20/15 »

All my settings in LGS are shown in the Imgur pics. Kpad 1-8 are just the numbers on the right side of the keyboard. I use those because I don't even use a keyboard. I only use a keypad because I don't need that many buttons and it takes up very little space. If you use the numbers on the right side of your laptop or keyboard it will be the same.

For "Go to Orbit" I'm actually using the scroll wheel button (press it in), not scroll wheel down. I assigned the macro as Kpad 7 (secondary select) and Kpad 8 (secondary Y). So just add the delays between 7 and 8 in LGS like I did, then make sure they're setup correctly within Manager under secondary buttons. Again, if you're using my layout, manager is good to go!

Thanks

Lol ... It's in my signature, my friend.  ;)

Hello RML

Thanks for your hard work, I recently purchased xim4 and I must say your hard work to make Destiny better on xim is one of the reason I decided to purchase it.

I wanted to ask if I copy paste your includes everything code will it work with ps4? or is there anything specific i have to do in order to get it working properly on the ps4

Thanks!

Everything will work fine with PS4, the only difference is the button designs, i.e. X on PS4 is A on XB1 I believe.

Hope that helps guys!

Thanks RML, You never answered my question, Can I switch grenade and reload without causing a problem. I would also like to switch your Y (SD) button with the Player highlight (K2) button?

Offline liquidice

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: thegleasonator
« Reply #290 on: 02:44 PM - 10/20/15 »
RML thanks for this guide. I haven't gotten a chance to set it up yet, but considering I've done no customization of my Destiny profile, I'm excited to see how much of a difference this makes, especially with auto-aim (Why Bungie decided this was necessary and not optional, I'll never know).

On a side note, how many people play with the Playstation Nav Controller? I'm going to pick one up tonight to see how I like it with your setup, but it seems that a keyboard or gamepad (I'm using logitech g13) would have more buttons. The only positive I can see is that you have a trigger with the left hand.

Thanks again, can't wait to try this out!

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 05:30 PM - 10/20/15 »
RML thanks for this guide. I haven't gotten a chance to set it up yet, but considering I've done no customization of my Destiny profile, I'm excited to see how much of a difference this makes, especially with auto-aim (Why Bungie decided this was necessary and not optional, I'll never know).

On a side note, how many people play with the Playstation Nav Controller? I'm going to pick one up tonight to see how I like it with your setup, but it seems that a keyboard or gamepad (I'm using logitech g13) would have more buttons. The only positive I can see is that you have a trigger with the left hand.

Thanks again, can't wait to try this out!

I like the Nav, the grip sucks (it doesn't have any). I bought some Sugru putty and made a hand grip on the Nav, I really love it now.

Offline liquidice

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: thegleasonator
« Reply #292 on: 05:48 PM - 10/20/15 »
I like the Nav, the grip sucks (it doesn't have any). I bought some Sugru putty and made a hand grip on the Nav, I really love it now.

Can you post an image of where you added the Sugru to the controller?
I'm excited to try it out tonight!

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 08:28 AM - 10/21/15 »

Offline Atlasprime

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 10:41 AM - 10/21/15 »
Thanks for the info Atlas.

Just to make sure I've got it...

1. Unplug all the cables from the Xim,
2. hold down the pair button and plug into the pc (using the micro usb port yeah?),
3. wait for it to glow blue,
4. then release pair button,
5. then open the 20150816 firmware d/load (is this firmware actually the FlashTool I've read about btw?)
6. I should get an option to "restore factory defaults", this will wipe device and install 20150816
7. open up (previously installed) 20150816 manager on phone
8. <hopefully> be able to follow rest of OP :)

Thanks for the explicit instructions, Atlas. It just felt like there were some things/steps I was missing. Gonna try this now, and I think this was what I needed.

Only other question atm still remains, if anyone can answer please, the individual codes from RML in OP (the ones that come after the "all-in-one" code) for Hip, Ads, etc....are they contained "within" the "all-in-one"? So if there were something I didn't want with the all-in-one, I can just use the indi codes?

Thanks again in advance, appreciate the help.

They are all contained in the first all in one offering. :-)

Offline saltyplum

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 04:26 PM - 10/21/15 »
Thanks Atlas,

but I guess what I meant was that if there were some aspects of the "all-in-one" code that I didn't want to use, then I'd need to use the individual codes for Hip, Ads, etc yeah?

Also, I know RML and some others use those Nav thingies, but I'm happy with my keyboard....the code(s) still function okay for KB right?

Cheers

djay

« Reply #296 on: 08:02 PM - 10/25/15 »
I believe it is. I'm also using keyboard and mouse. Just try it, and you'll love it, thanks to RML

Offline enigmacmpr

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: enigmacmpr
« Reply #297 on: 10:46 PM - 10/25/15 »
I have been using the XIM4 for a while with the standard Destiny setup. I am using the G13 and G502 on the PS4. I wanted to request if anyone can send me an invite to watch a fully optimized setup in action. On another note, I tried raiding last week and kept dying on the jumping puzzle as I don't seem to have the fine control for the jumps. Either I was undershooting or overshooting.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 11:03 PM - 10/25/15 »

Oh dear god. I guess if it works for you...:)
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 11:06 AM - 10/26/15 »

Oh dear god. I guess if it works for you...:)

It does, I put some of the Sagru on the back of the Nav, placed the nav in my hand and griped it to show where I needed to create my grips, once I did that I just build up around it and I had my perfect grip. The smooth surface way would get annoying after a while, I noticed I kept trying to get the perfect grip, with the grips I know where my perfect grip is.