XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 723720 times)

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 10/08/15)
« Reply #270 on: 10:00 AM - 10/13/15 »
You're killing me loki, just killing me!  ;)

Seriously, I get where you're coming from. I may work on something when I have time to think it thru. Basically though, I think the biggest thing as far as buttons go, is making sure you remap your sub config activation keys to match whatever you chg. with the layout.

Also, remember I'm using the Green Thumb button settings in game. If you use Green Thumb and then DONOT change any of the Secondary button assignments, then I think you'll be ok. Like I said though, I'd really have to give it some thought to say "that'll work" 100%.

;D Thank You, I think I can get use to your setup, practice makes perfect.
ping" width="200" height="200

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline Vorda

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 05:05 AM - 10/14/15 »
For info: I found it a good addition to add a config where my mouse controls left stick, for everything related to options and menu. It allows to rearrange X to left button, triangle to right, etc.

Activators are either toggle button or the button for Options. Deactivation is done by esc/closing menu.

Offline divisionbell77

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 09:46 AM - 10/15/15 »
Do any of the in game button configurations you can pick make the sprint button hold instead of toggle?

Offline pox

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 09:36 AM - 10/16/15 »
Hi!  I just got my XIM4 and need help.  I am running the newest firmware option, and I do not see the copy/paste code option when you click the "three dots" in the settings.  I even watched the youtube video and I do not see the options that you do when you click on the dots.

Any help?

Thanks

Edit:  Just kidding I figured it out -- I didn't have the latest firmware.  The firmware link I was going to had a different date showing as the newest.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: 09:41 AM - 10/16/15 by pox »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 09:41 AM - 10/16/15 »
Hi pox, welcome to the community. Could you go to Manager's menu->about and check your firmware version? 20150816 is the latest RC build in beta. This build supports config copy/paste. If you're not using this build then please see below.

Please note that upgrading requires a factory restore which will wipe your device. You will also need to install the new Manager, unpair and re pair your bluetooth device. Please read the instructions in each thread below.

20150816 Manager: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=41268.0
20150816 Firmware: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=41267.0
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Nightrous

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Nightrous
« Reply #275 on: 05:38 PM - 10/16/15 »
RML - You have made PVP in this game fun for me with your profile.  I salute you.  Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wealth of info.  Loving this XIM4!  Worth every penny!

Offline Atlasprime

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 07:51 PM - 10/16/15 »
Ditto. I just updated my firmware and manager. It's fresh but I feel it will pay dividends after some muscle usage. First 2 matches at 4KD

Offline saltyplum

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 06:46 AM - 10/17/15 »
Alrighty, just want to say that I love this thread RML, even though I haven't been able to get it to work for me yet. lol

It took a while but I finally figured out how to do the copy/paste business, read through copious amounts of posts and pages, but this 21050816 build still eludes me.

I've d/loaded it, but as soon as I open it, it wants to update and brings me to 20141114 build. I can't seem to bypass the update. I've tried disabling mobile data and wifi but still it wants to update. When I follow your video from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP1aJtPiEvs, the copypastewholesetup, at the 3.30min mark, my manager doesn't have the copy and paste icons like yours does.

What on earth am I doing wrong? Would very much like some help with this please folks.

Any help/advice appreciated. Cheers

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 08:05 AM - 10/17/15 »
Alrighty, just want to say that I love this thread RML, even though I haven't been able to get it to work for me yet. lol

It took a while but I finally figured out how to do the copy/paste business, read through copious amounts of posts and pages, but this 21050816 build still eludes me.

I've d/loaded it, but as soon as I open it, it wants to update and brings me to 20141114 build. I can't seem to bypass the update. I've tried disabling mobile data and wifi but still it wants to update. When I follow your video from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP1aJtPiEvs, the copypastewholesetup, at the 3.30min mark, my manager doesn't have the copy and paste icons like yours does.

What on earth am I doing wrong? Would very much like some help with this please folks.

Any help/advice appreciated. Cheers

Hello saltyplum, you have to make sure you completely wipe the old manager/firmware from your device/computer before installing the new. Make sure you follow the directions OBsIV gave when upgrading manager. It varies by device so you'll have to pay close attention to that.

Also, it is what XIM calls a breaking change, this means that you will have to choose "factory restore" when the option pops up. As mist stated above, a factory restore will erase all of your configs! :(
« Last Edit: 08:10 AM - 10/17/15 by RML »

Offline saltyplum

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 05:08 PM - 10/17/15 »
Thanks for the reply RML.

So simply uninstall the version I have, THEN install the 21050816 build? Gotcha. Will I need to turn off mobile data or wifi or anything like that also?

When you say "factory restore"....do you mean of the XIM4? And to do this I'll need to d/load and use their Flash Tool, is that correct? Not too worried about this resetting the config, only have a basic one set up atm so losing it isn't that big a deal.

Ummm...can't find a "Flash Tool" anywhere on their d/loads section. Am I missing something? And I think I need a Dummies guide lol cause some of this is just not getting through to me. The "manager" build is for my phone, thats fine, the "firmware" build will be for my Xim4 I presume....but how do I get it "ON" to the Xim4 after d/loading?

Sorry for all the q's, just really want to understand all this.

<edit> Oh and another question :) If...once successfully doing all this, are the separate/individual code blocks for Hip, Ads, Running etc in first post....are they contained within the "all in one" code? So if I'm using a KB and not the Nav thingy, I need to use the individual codes?

<edit2> Aaaand another question...you mention that "you will have to choose 'factory restore' when the option pops up"....in what sequence of events does that happen? When I'm uninstalling the manager or the firmware? Confused I am.
« Last Edit: 07:43 PM - 10/17/15 by saltyplum »

Offline Atlasprime

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 01:16 PM - 10/18/15 »
Thanks for the reply RML.

So simply uninstall the version I have, THEN install the 21050816 build? Gotcha. Will I need to turn off mobile data or wifi or anything like that also?

When you say "factory restore"....do you mean of the XIM4? And to do this I'll need to d/load and use their Flash Tool, is that correct? Not too worried about this resetting the config, only have a basic one set up atm so losing it isn't that big a deal.

Ummm...can't find a "Flash Tool" anywhere on their d/loads section. Am I missing something? And I think I need a Dummies guide lol cause some of this is just not getting through to me. The "manager" build is for my phone, thats fine, the "firmware" build will be for my Xim4 I presume....but how do I get it "ON" to the Xim4 after d/loading?

Sorry for all the q's, just really want to understand all this.

<edit> Oh and another question :) If...once successfully doing all this, are the separate/individual code blocks for Hip, Ads, Running etc in first post....are they contained within the "all in one" code? So if I'm using a KB and not the Nav thingy, I need to use the individual codes?

<edit2> Aaaand another question...you mention that "you will have to choose 'factory restore' when the option pops up"....in what sequence of events does that happen? When I'm uninstalling the manager or the firmware? Confused I am.

I use a transfer cable to pipe my inputs through my PC so needless to say I use the windows desktop version of the manager. As far as the firmware... you need to do that on your PC. unplug everything, then while holding the pair button on the back of the xim, plug it into your PC. It will glow blue. Now open the firmware download for 20150816. Select restore factory defaults. This will wipe the device and install 20150816.

From here obtain the 20150816 manager for your mobile device. Once installed you should be able to follow the rest of the OP.

Offline Atlasprime

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 01:24 PM - 10/18/15 »
To quickly follow up: Here is the link to the 201508 RC firmware.

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=41267.0

Again, this is done on your PC.

What mobile device do you have? Android? iOS? You can grab those here.
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=41268.0
 I believe you can simply click the android link using the device browser... iOS appears to require some sort of dev. testing account to use this build.

Offline saltyplum

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 04:29 PM - 10/18/15 »
Thanks for the info Atlas.

Just to make sure I've got it...

1. Unplug all the cables from the Xim,
2. hold down the pair button and plug into the pc (using the micro usb port yeah?),
3. wait for it to glow blue,
4. then release pair button,
5. then open the 20150816 firmware d/load (is this firmware actually the FlashTool I've read about btw?)
6. I should get an option to "restore factory defaults", this will wipe device and install 20150816
7. open up (previously installed) 20150816 manager on phone
8. <hopefully> be able to follow rest of OP :)

Thanks for the explicit instructions, Atlas. It just felt like there were some things/steps I was missing. Gonna try this now, and I think this was what I needed.

Only other question atm still remains, if anyone can answer please, the individual codes from RML in OP (the ones that come after the "all-in-one" code) for Hip, Ads, etc....are they contained "within" the "all-in-one"? So if there were something I didn't want with the all-in-one, I can just use the indi codes?

Thanks again in advance, appreciate the help.

Offline jander13

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 07:32 AM - 10/19/15 »
Hello RML

Thanks for your hard work, I recently purchased xim4 and I must say your hard work to make Destiny better on xim is one of the reason I decided to purchase it.

I wanted to ask if I copy paste your includes everything code will it work with ps4? or is there anything specific i have to do in order to get it working properly on the ps4

Thanks!

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #284 on: 09:19 AM - 10/19/15 »
You're killing me loki, just killing me!  ;)

Seriously, I get where you're coming from. I may work on something when I have time to think it thru. Basically though, I think the biggest thing as far as buttons go, is making sure you remap your sub config activation keys to match whatever you chg. with the layout.

Also, remember I'm using the Green Thumb button settings in game. If you use Green Thumb and then DONOT change any of the Secondary button assignments, then I think you'll be ok. Like I said though, I'd really have to give it some thought to say "that'll work" 100%.

This setup is nice, it got really good after I set my mouse up like yours is (wrong buttons everywhere  ;D )..........I tried it for the first time last night. I do need to change some buttons around though. I want to switch grenade and reload or would that be a problem?
ping" width="200" height="200

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Admin