XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 719440 times)

Offline joongpilpak

• View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 10/08/15)
« Reply #255 on: 04:26 AM - 10/10/15 »
Just got mine. The shame I feel for apparently being the only person on the internet who has not a single clue where to paste these codes. I click the three dots as instructed and I promise there is no where to paste it. If anyone can help (in dip @#$% detail) this chicken McNooblet out I would be much appreciative.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 08:57 AM - 10/10/15 »
Just got mine. The shame I feel for apparently being the only person on the internet who has not a single clue where to paste these codes. I click the three dots as instructed and I promise there is no where to paste it. If anyone can help (in dip @#$% detail) this chicken McNooblet out I would be much appreciative.

Make sure you are running the latest manager/firmware, found here -

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?board=77.0

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 12:29 AM - 10/11/15 »
I took your config and just tweaked the buttons to fit my needs and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

It just took me a 10-30 minutes to adjust and now I feel so agile and accurate, its insane. I cant thank you enough for sharing this with the community!!

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 09:11 AM - 10/11/15 »
FYI ...

How to copy/paste ballistics (for the new members).

Offline Lurkin374

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: lurkin374
« Reply #259 on: 06:35 PM - 10/11/15 »
I never could get the running and vehicle setting working. but I use the rest of the settings and work pretty good.

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/HellOnJerzZ
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZthepr0
« Reply #260 on: 02:38 AM - 10/12/15 »
Im using half of your setup i just have problems sniping the aim assist gets too strong sometimes. I dont know of its just me but i always aim for the head that could be my problem. If my centering is on point with the target its good its only when i have to re-adjust the scope or move it from one side to another and thats when aim assist gives me problems

Offline Vorda

• View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 10/08/15
« Reply #261 on: 05:13 AM - 10/12/15 »
Het, thanks for the guide!
There are a few things unclear for me:
- the lgs imgur link does not work. No idea what lgs even is.
- I can't figure out exactly how the heavy weapon and vehicle stuff works, with the profile swapping.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 10:24 AM - 10/12/15 »
I never could get the running and vehicle setting working. but I use the rest of the settings and work pretty good.

Sry guys, I really wish OBsIV would spend some time making a video for advanced settings. I have already started a thread where "At some point" I will explain these things in further detail, when I get the time. Truth is it's a pain though and I barely have the time to keep up with this thread. I think a lot of people around here have a "Tinker till you learn" mentality. After all, that's how I learned. Unless you only play COD, Advanced settings is something you should familiarize yourself with.

Im using half of your setup i just have problems sniping the aim assist gets too strong sometimes. I dont know of its just me but i always aim for the head that could be my problem. If my centering is on point with the target its good its only when i have to re-adjust the scope or move it from one side to another and thats when aim assist gives me problems

Yeah, aim assist is pretty bad with this game. It literally shocks me when people are like "Hey how do I get MORE aim assist?" They obviously are using an automatic weapon and don't care about going for the head. My ADS curve is there to combat aim assist, so it should be better for you then the ST would be without it.

There's two things you can do. 1.) Make the curve a little more aggressive, or 2). Just keep raising your ADS sensitivity until you feel you have more movement over the target.

I would go with #2 if I were you, that curve should do the trick. It's just a matter of finding the right sens to push through aim assist with it. That may mean your ADS sens "while off target" feels a little excessive. But while on target gives you the extra movement you desire. The whole idea of that curve is to help track targets and push through that initial sticky wall you hit when doing so.

I find that without it, I sometimes can't catch the target without added movement which then leads to over shooting the target sometimes.

Het, thanks for the guide!
There are a few things unclear for me:
- the lgs imgur link does not work. No idea what lgs even is.
- I can't figure out exactly how the heavy weapon and vehicle stuff works, with the profile swapping.

I made that link public and it seems to work fine for me, anyone else having problems accessing it?

Again, I will explain Advanced Settings in further detail at some point. It's ALOT of work!

Offline Vorda

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 11:55 AM - 10/12/15 »
Image works now, now it all makes sense to me. Thanks!

Offline Jezzer

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 04:35 PM - 10/12/15 »
Nice guide, very fast and agile.
Do have an issue tho. When using a side arm and ADS it seems to lock above the head, missing alot of shots. And almost impossible to adjust while firing.
Any idea what setting i can change for that?

Offline MuRRe

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 03:15 AM - 10/13/15 »
Maybe a stupid question, do you need that Playtation thing or can you do with an ordinary keyboard and still use this setup?
« Last Edit: 04:11 AM - 10/13/15 by MuRRe »

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 06:17 AM - 10/13/15 »
Image works now, now it all makes sense to me. Thanks!

Great, thanks for letting me know.

Nice guide, very fast and agile.
Do have an issue tho. When using a side arm and ADS it seems to lock above the head, missing alot of shots. And almost impossible to adjust while firing.
Any idea what setting i can change for that?

Are you using my ADS ballistic? If so, try adding more sensitivity to it until you feel you have better control.

Maybe a stupid question, do you need that Playtation thing or can you do with an ordinary keyboard and still use this setup?

Not a stupid question at all, and NO you do not need the Sony Nav. You can copy my setup then just rearrange the buttons to suit your own personal needs. Just make sure you follow my lead if you want the 1 button super or if you're using my LGS settings.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 06:21 AM - 10/13/15 »
I just added a link to the OP to another thread where I've started collecting info for you guys and also just posted a How To video. Check it out if your interested. There will be more videos on Advanced Settings to come in the future. So keep an eye out if you need some help! I will try to accommodate any special request, so let me know what you're struggling with.

Here's the link.

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=41264.msg510100#msg510100

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #268 on: 07:05 AM - 10/13/15 »
I just added a link to the OP to another thread where I've started collecting info for you guys and also just posted a How To video. Check it out if your interested. There will be more videos on Advanced Settings to come in the future. So keep an eye out if you need some help! I will try to accommodate any special request, so let me know what you're struggling with.

Here's the link.

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=41264.msg510100#msg510100

Thanks for all the hard work, question\request. I would love to switch out a few buttons on your setup, is there anyway you can create a list of things we must make sure we do (hoykey, activations, etc..) to allow your setup to work as designed. For example: I would like to switch, reload, change weapon, jump and crouch. Thanks in advance.
ping" width="200" height="200

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 09:53 AM - 10/13/15 »
You're killing me loki, just killing me!  ;)

Seriously, I get where you're coming from. I may work on something when I have time to think it thru. Basically though, I think the biggest thing as far as buttons go, is making sure you remap your sub config activation keys to match whatever you chg. with the layout.

Also, remember I'm using the Green Thumb button settings in game. If you use Green Thumb and then DONOT change any of the Secondary button assignments, then I think you'll be ok. Like I said though, I'd really have to give it some thought to say "that'll work" 100%.

Admin