XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 719416 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 6/23/15)
« Reply #120 on: 10:15 AM - 07/28/15 »
How do i interpret this "Here's an example of how to match my sensitivity's If you're using a different DPI then I am.
Your DPI 12000 / my DPI 8000 = 1.5
Your HIP sens / 1.5 = My Hip sens
Your ADS sens / 1.5 = My ADS sens"  im useing 12000 dpi. Whats 1.5 mean?

Your DPI divided by my DPI (assuming mines lower then yours, if yours is lower, then Divide my DPI by your DPI). Now take the sum (in this case 1.5) and divide your hip sens by the sum (or my hip sens, again depending on which is higher) the sum of this should match my sensitivity for HIP.

There are other factors though, such as mouse pad, polling rate, different mice, optical, laser, etc. But this is the best I can do to help you get close to my settings.

RML you should definitely make a YouTube tutorial of all of your knowledge and make us grate warriors ;) to fight together:)

I wish OBs or mist would do something like this, I'm just a Padawan TBH. Lol @ warriors to fight together, that definitely made me chuckle. I may make something at some point. Right now I'm just too caught up in a bunch of Audio gear testing.

can someone please help? how do I copy and past this code?

Which one? Which firmware?

Offline Xiulan

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 02:35 PM - 07/29/15 »
This may have been answered, but if the keyboard needs to be connected to the xim4, do I need a usb hub in order to also have my PS nav contoller connected so that I can use the same set up as yours?
cheers
PS4, G 502, daskeyboard

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 08:37 PM - 07/29/15 »
This may have been answered, but if the keyboard needs to be connected to the xim4, do I need a usb hub in order to also have my PS nav contoller connected so that I can use the same set up as yours?
cheers

Actually, I was messing around with this awhile back and I think I determined you don't actually have to have the KB hooked up. I'm pretty sure it will work anyways, I can't remember though TBH. Give it a go without the KB before buying a usb hub and see what happens. If it doesn't work then yes, you will need a usb hub. They're pretty cheap on amazon though. I think I paid $4.99 for mine a few years ago.

Offline VITODATHO

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 08:55 AM - 07/30/15 »
 It's possible with G 13 to program it or better KB? 

Offline VITODATHO

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 09:01 AM - 07/30/15 »
Can I do ballistics manual from app ? If I do it takes different shape than your copy past method.   

Offline Xiulan

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 09:56 PM - 07/30/15 »
thanks for the info. I'm messing with it right now. One question though, are you not using turn assist while not in the running config? I feel like I cant turn very well and I'm getting owned. I turned on turn assist in HIP but still feels awkward. Any suggewsstions?
PS4, G 502, daskeyboard

Offline Wainbow

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: WainbowZ
  • PSN ID: Diablos_Hand
« Reply #126 on: 04:04 AM - 08/01/15 »
hey guys!

ok so im quite dumb when it comes to all this stuff things are kinda going over my head here :(

Im using a tablet Android manager for the XIM4

So I play COD heaps and love the feel yep thats awesome but a lot of my friends are getting on destiny now and want me to join em. but the std settings feels shocking and I really cant play it how it is.

so im guessing all the copy and pasting is on PC? or can this be done in the app. Ive not played around with the XIM at all so im kinda noob and dumb when it comes to this :(

hope you can help in stupid me language :|

XIM4 X 4 / XBox One X / PS4 Pro / PS3 / XBox 360 / G910 / CorsairM65 / Astro A40TR X2 / Astro A50 Gen1 & Gen3 /

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 11:28 AM - 08/01/15 »
It's possible with G 13 to program it or better KB?

Sry VITODATHO, I don't have a G13. I just use a cheap Dell KB because the only thing I use it for is LGS and changing Configs.

Can I do ballistics manual from app ? If I do it takes different shape than your copy past method.   

Yes, of course you can manually make any ballistic you want. I actually encourage all of you to use my setup as a base line, then tweak it to your liking. Everyone has their own particular preferences. My setup should just be used as a starting point, a base line, if you will.

thanks for the info. I'm messing with it right now. One question though, are you not using turn assist while not in the running config? I feel like I cant turn very well and I'm getting owned. I turned on turn assist in HIP but still feels awkward. Any suggewsstions?

I don't use TA with HIP as it does feel too awkward to use. TA works great for Running though as well as sparrow. My suggestion is to try slower steady movements with your mouse. With my setup you will exceed the turn cap rather quickly. If you're not, then your not matching your sens to mine correctly by calculating the DPI difference.

Here's how I setup my Turn speed for every single game I play.

I always set up Turn speed "In Game". So fire up the game, get away from any enemies then do the following.

- Push Start and Select at the same time on your controller, this will put you into "On the Fly" Sens adj. mode with the XIM4. Now pressing Up or Down on the D-pad will increase or Decrease your HIP turn speed, Pressing Left or Right on the D-Pad will increase or decrease your ADS turn speed. You will notice which is being affected by the XIM4 flashing Yellow (HIP) or Green (ADS).

- Press Down on the D-pad until you lower your sens all the way down and mouse movement does nothing on Screen.

- While swiping your mouse back and forth push Up on the D-pad until you feel like your sens has reached it's max. By Max I mean until you reach the point where your movement of the mouse doesn't feel wasted and matches character movement on screen. It is important that you do this using consistent swipes with your mouse. For a game like Destiny, you DONOT want to exceed a velocity of more then about 12-14 inches per second. For example, what I used to do was measure my mouse pad surface and mark a 12in. area with scotch tape. Then take a stop watch (every smart phone has one) and time my mouse swipes, back and forth, until I was consistently achieving my desired movement speed of 12-14in per second. This velocity of movement should now equal your MAX movement velocity. Trust me, I know it's hard sometimes, especially in Multiplayer, in the heat of the moment. You want to make that quick twitch or sudden jerk to shoot an enemy, but you can't. If you do, your going to move way too fast and waste movement which actually makes you turn slower. You have to learn the games MAX turn speed and you have to ride it like a fine _______  :-* if your going to be consistent. You can move slower if you like, for fine aiming, etc. But if you move faster you will be wasting movement. OBsIV gave us that flashing Turn Cap light for a reason. You can exceed it, but if you exceed it and continue to accelerate you will lose movement. I've learned the key is, if you're going to exceed the Turn Cap then you'd better do it with consistent movement. I have trained myself to the point now that I don't need to measure anymore and I understand the limitations of the XIM when it comes to games like Destiny and Halo. Now for games like BF and COD this really isn't necessary, but this is about the turn speed limitations of Destiny. That being said, If you can train yourself to follow this guideline for all the games you play, you will allow yourself to build that muscle memory that is very important for aiming with a mouse and you will have a better experience with XIM overall, IMO.

- Now, do the same thing for ADS by pushing Left on the D-pad until you have no movement, then press Right while maintaining a consistent velocity with your mouse swipes until you've reached your MAX turn speed.

I hope that helps.

Offline synthetik

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: rNshank
« Reply #128 on: 03:48 PM - 08/01/15 »
I was going to create another thread, but I will most likely be trying this guide out on Monday when I get my XIM *shakes fist at fedex*

I want to know how well XIM4 will perform right out of the box with Destiny? I know there is going to be personal tweaks needed, especially since I'll be using my trusty old MX518 1600dps mouse to start things off, but what can I expect when I first get it setup? Should I even bother with the default settings or should I load up this guide right off the bat? I'm at work and super psyched about getting it on Monday so I'm just filling my time with theorycrafts  ;D

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 07:55 PM - 08/01/15 »
You should try setting up Destiny sensitivity wise as I posted a little while ago. If you don't like it, then give my setup a try.

If nothing else it will help you appreciate my advanced setup.  :P

Seriously, some games need a little help, some don't. That's the nature of the beast when these developers put a turn speed cap on their games.

You made a great choice with XIM4, it's an awesome product!

Offline flybyeu

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 07:57 AM - 08/02/15 »
Hi RML thank you this post!!! does this Sony Move controle works with xim4 on xbox one?

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 10:06 AM - 08/02/15 »
Hi RML thank you this post!!! does this Sony Move controle works with xim4 on xbox one?

I'm assuming your talking about the Nav (the one with the thumbstick, which is the one in my pics). YES, that's all I play with and I'm on Xbox One. I suck with a Keyboard!

If your talking about the wand looking thing with the bubble on top, I don't think that works.

Here you go -

This one works

This one, IDK? I'm assuming NO, because it's a motion detection devise, but I don't have it so...

« Last Edit: 10:13 AM - 08/02/15 by RML »

Offline Xiulan

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 06:48 PM - 08/02/15 »
Thanks For the lengthy reply. I just order the G 502 and I'm going to use your settings as much as I feel comfortable with. I think I'm going to forgo my Nav controller just because I have been so used to M/KB that why stray if that's where my muscle memory lies. My PVP in Destiny has improved a bit with my current setup which is cool, but I deffinitaley want more (fricken turn speed :o). I am still having difficulty with being able to switch to different modes like from HIP to Running via a hotkey/bind, but I will read up more in the posts and see if I can figure it out. I know you mentioned the order has to be HIPS, ADS, Running, Vehicle, but my background colors for each of those don't seem to match yours(my Running has a red background in the manager). I also, for the life of me, cannot get the "only the fly" to work, I'm pressing the star/select(or at least I think I am) and nothing seems to pop. I'll research a bit. Again, thanks for all your help. 
Cheers
PS4, G 502, daskeyboard

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 09:23 PM - 08/02/15 »
I don't think you can edit "on the fly" if you're connected to XIM manager via smart phone or whatever. So either disconnect from the phone or just use your phone to adj. on the fly. Doesn't really matter, what matters is starting from zero and adj. until you get the most out of your movement without wasted movement. Also KB's great, I just suck at it.  ;)

Offline VITODATHO

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 02:20 AM - 08/03/15 »
As I understand you use different primary reload/enter button than one secondary button for helicopter/car/torret ?