XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 721438 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 6/23/15)
« Reply #90 on: 07:27 AM - 07/09/15 »
Hey guys, just joined this community after being convinced by RML to buy one of these (XIM4)

Never had one before and have never gamed on PC so new to all this, Just got my XIM4 this morning and going to set up (wish me luck) got myself a PS NAV because im not a fan of the WASD.
Bought this solely for Destiny and plan on using this guide to help me, the only difference i have is the mouse. I went for the Roccat Tyon instead of the G502 as i heard it is a good mouse + i like the analog on the side.

Well thats it just wanted to say thanks in advanced and if there are any pointer you vets have for a noob

Welcome to the community! Like you, I was never a PC gamer. I came here because I wanted a new experience with console gaming and XIM definitely delivers that. The biggest thing is understanding that there is a learning curve. It took me at least a few weeks to get used to using a mouse and the Nav controller, it is worth it though! If it get's a little frustrating at some point, just remember this. The potential of the XIM4 is greater then the potential of the Gamepad with FPS's. I was an average player with a controller, never greater then 1-1.5 KD. After using XIM for about a month my performance and KD easily doubled. And, TBH, I could probably become a 3-5 KD player if I didn't play so reckless all the time. I mean watch any of my BF4 or Hardline video's, I literally Run N Gun with a sniper and I still maintain around a 2.0 KD and typically finish matches as the MVP. XIM is amazing, it makes gaming FUN for me, which is why I make threads like this one. I like to try and help support the community and this product.

I don't have a ton of time for gaming. Once I became use to using a mouse and NAV with XIM I found I could take time away from gaming, come back to it and still be a really good player. I could never do that with a controller. So, IMO, you made a wise choice my friend! 

Congratulations!!  ;D

Offline GU4RDI4N

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 08:00 AM - 07/09/15 »
Wow, thank you for taking time out to replay and thanks for the welcome.

I know it takes time to get used to something new, i do get frustrated but im am also very determined. I also have a similar KD 1.5. and 2.0 with a controller. I didnt even know there was such a thing as Kb/M on console but hopefully with a bit of practice i will be able to boost my KD.

ill be practicing on COD Ghost (AW is a pile of ****) and Destiny PVE, wont be playing PVP for a while.

I have 2 questions i you would be kind enough to clear up

Ok after reading your OP several times to understand it, do i map most of the keys to a KB and then map them to my mouse i.e for my super or the different subs

2. how do i get it so i can keep hold of a particular mouse button then ADS and it will lower the dpi, this would be like a sniping button to help me aim

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 09:43 AM - 07/09/15 »
Ok after reading your OP several times to understand it, do i map most of the keys to a KB and then map them to my mouse i.e for my super or the different subs

You just have to map the buttons to a KB that XIM4 doesn't recognize otherwise. I'm not sure which buttons that would be with your mouse, but typically this would include every button other then LC, RC, Forward, Back, Scroll up/Down and the Scroll button. So all the other buttons, you probably want to assign to a keyboard. Then the XIM4 should recognize them.

how do i get it so i can keep hold of a particular mouse button then ADS and it will lower the dpi, this would be like a sniping button to help me aim

There should be two ways of accomplishing this.
1. You should be able to use two different DPI settings with your mouse software. So just assign a lower DPI to which ever button you chose for sniping.
2. If you look back a couple of pages on this thread you'll see the settings I used for Long Range sniping (page 5, I believe). You can set this up as another sub config.

However...

I would suggest option ONE, going with a secondary DPI setting for sniping if you want slower movement. The way Sub configs currently work my Long Range Sub config creates more problems than it's worth. When OBsIV gets around to addressing the way Configs work, I will update this thread if it's still relevant.

« Last Edit: 10:25 AM - 07/09/15 by RML »

Offline GU4RDI4N

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 09:44 PM - 07/09/15 »
Oh my God, i cant believe how accurate this thing is. Been messing with it all day and shooting Dregs and.... just wow. What else can i say im able to headshot easily and sniping im getting better and better, Thanks again RML its because of you i picked one of these up.

One thing i cant figure out is how to add BC but ill get there, doing alot of reading so i dont spam the boards.

The other thing is i cant get one of the buttons of my Roccat Tyon to register in the manager probably in the RTS (key binding)

The only downside is i updated to the latest build and lost wireless NAV but its cool im sure someone working on it, having so much fun.

RML i owe you a drink bro

Edit - Just figured out the simple copy n paste BC function, facepalm der

« Last Edit: 10:04 PM - 07/09/15 by GU4RDI4N »

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 04:50 PM - 07/10/15 »

Nah, it's cool man, OBsIV on the other hand...

JK, he gave me back Turn Assist so I'd say I still only owe him my entire gaming Life!   ;)

Glad your having fun!  :)

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #95 on: 08:41 AM - 07/14/15 »
Oh my God, i cant believe how accurate this thing is. Been messing with it all day and shooting Dregs and.... just wow. What else can i say im able to headshot easily and sniping im getting better and better, Thanks again RML its because of you i picked one of these up.

One thing i cant figure out is how to add BC but ill get there, doing alot of reading so i dont spam the boards.

The other thing is i cant get one of the buttons of my Roccat Tyon to register in the manager probably in the RTS (key binding)

The only downside is i updated to the latest build and lost wireless NAV but its cool im sure someone working on it, having so much fun.

Hey what platform you on? Add me if your on PSN    oXo_R3MiX_oXo. Just message xim forum member.

Edit - Just figured out the simple copy n paste BC function, facepalm der
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline legendxiong

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 07:08 AM - 07/15/15 »
Hey, I am struggling to set a macro on the mouse to use a super, or make a button to hold triangle to switch. I tried following your guide but I am not quite that smart on what your macro setting means lol. Any help on the macros? Thanks.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 08:12 AM - 07/15/15 »
Hey, I am struggling to set a macro on the mouse to use a super, or make a button to hold triangle to switch. I tried following your guide but I am not quite that smart on what your macro setting means lol. Any help on the macros? Thanks.

Sorry, we are not allowed to discuss macros in depth in the forums. However, you don't need a macro to activate Super with one button press. Take a look at reply #10 towards the bottom of page 1. I explain how to set this action up in that post. If you need further clarification or other questions about macros, please PM me. 

Offline VITODATHO

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 02:31 PM - 07/15/15 »

Hey guys, just joined this community after being convinced by RML to buy one of these (XIM4)

Never had one before and have never gamed on PC so new to all this, Just got my XIM4 this morning and going to set up (wish me luck) got myself a PS NAV because im not a fan of the WASD.
Bought this solely for Destiny and plan on using this guide to help me, the only difference i have is the mouse. I went for the Roccat Tyon instead of the G502 as i heard it is a good mouse + i like the analog on the side.

Well thats it just wanted to say thanks in advanced and if there are any pointer you vets have for a noob

Welcome to the community! Like you, I was never a PC gamer. I came here because I wanted a new experience with console gaming and XIM definitely delivers that. The biggest thing is understanding that there is a learning curve. It took me at least a few weeks to get used to using a mouse and the Nav controller, it is worth it though! If it get's a little frustrating at some point, just remember this. The potential of the XIM4 is greater then the potential of the Gamepad with FPS's. I was an average player with a controller, never greater then 1-1.5 KD. After using XIM for about a month my performance and KD easily doubled. And, TBH, I could probably become a 3-5 KD player if I didn't play so reckless all the time. I mean watch any of my BF4 or Hardline video's, I literally Run N Gun with a sniper and I still maintain around a 2.0 KD and typically finish matches as the MVP. XIM is amazing, it makes gaming FUN for me, which is why I make threads like this one. I like to try and help support the community and this product.

I don't have a ton of time for gaming. Once I became use to using a mouse and NAV with XIM I found I could take time away from gaming, come back to it and still be a really good player. I could never do that with a controller. So, IMO, you made a wise choice my friend! 

Congratulations!!  ;D

What you writing is like me thinking. Thumbs up for your support.

Offline VITODATHO

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 07:14 AM - 07/18/15 »
Do you have such photo illustration of the layout of Nav and Mouse for BFH /BF4?
Regards D

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 10:09 AM - 07/18/15 »
Do you have such photo illustration of the layout of Nav and Mouse for BFH /BF4?
Regards D

I need to update that thread as I think I accidentally deleted an image or something. I'll see what I can do next week. I'll be working till Monday Though.

Offline VITODATHO

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 11:24 AM - 07/18/15 »

Regards D

I need to update that thread as I think I accidentally deleted an image or something. I'll see what I can do next week. I'll be working till Monday Though.
Great
When you have a time I/we will  appreciate it mate.

Offline Twisterman360

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 07:50 PM - 07/18/15 »
Did you change your running curve recently? It doesn't match up from the paste data to the picture. It's close but the paste data has a small hump in the middle.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 08:38 AM - 07/19/15 »
Did you change your running curve recently? It doesn't match up from the paste data to the picture. It's close but the paste data has a small hump in the middle.

Hmm... Yeah, looks like I forgot to change this back after trying a curve that mist had. I haven't played Destiny in awhile. I'll fix it when I get some time. I'm sure mist's curve works well to though.

Offline Twisterman360

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 09:19 AM - 07/20/15 »
Thanks yea it feels the same to me :)

Just curious as to what kind of stats everyone has with destiny and XIM? I feel like I have pretty decent stats but would like to compare to other XIM users so I know if I am terrible or not lol.