XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 719391 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 6/23/15)
« Reply #75 on: 07:09 AM - 07/03/15 »
I just got the xim 4 for my ps4 and playing destiny. I need help getting the settings to run smoother. Now I have hip ads and sparrow. I use around 10000 boost for hip. Thanks

I'm not sure if this is a language barrier thing or a typo but, are you saying you still need help?

Thanks for posting this - looks great.  I haven't figured out how to paste in those settings yet but haven't really tried - is there a trick?

I just got my Xim4 yesterday so I'm diving in.. it's not really plug & play haha.

I have a razer nostromo and I thought it would be good but the stick isnt actually analog... do you think it's worth picking up one of those Sony Nav things?  Plus a USB hub so I can have a keyboard + mouse + sony nav?

Thank sheaps

- Make sure you click on the word "select" above the ballistic or button codes. That will highlight everything that you need to copy paste.

- Plug and Play? Depends on the game and the individual. When I play I either want to use XIM4 100% of the time or my controller 100% of the time, I don't like using both. So, multiple configs are necessary for the majority of the games. Even COD needs a Kill Streak config IMO, because of the slow turn speeds involved. I also Do NOT like aim assist taking over my aim while on target. So I typically use a tracking style curve to help with maneuverability when aim assist kicks in. Don't get me wrong, I like "some" aim assist, just not ALOT. Other's love aim assist and use almost the opposite curve that I do in order for aim assist to practically drag them to their target.

- Sony Nav is great for those of us that don't like KB's. I've never had the time to get into PC gaming, I spend waaaaay to much time console gaming as is. So, Nav is convenient for me.

My Sony Nav is not working correctly, I move the joy stick and nothing happens. I think I am confused on where it needs to be plugged in. I also am not sure if I need to keep the keyboard and controller plugged in?

Which version of manager and firmware are you using?

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 08:17 AM - 07/03/15 »
Updated OP as the DPI calculator no longer works.  :(

Offline Koteric

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 09:33 PM - 07/04/15 »
Thanks a lot for taking the time to share this with us.  The BCs are great, and i found the setup for running/vehicles very good.  I use m/k so I didn't use your binding setup :p.  Using a wand controller in left hand and a mouse in right would probably freak me out.  :)

Offline Rotsen

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 01:33 AM - 07/06/15 »
Hey, I'd like to see if you can figure something out with ADSing with the Last Word. As you know there's a bug with gun where you ADS you still achieve the bonus hipfire damage (111 headshots). With a controller I can get the bonus damage pretty often, but when I use the XIM I can't ever seem to get it. Does it have to do with the way the XIM reads ADS on a mouse or something?

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 03:29 PM - 07/06/15 »
Hey, I'd like to see if you can figure something out with ADSing with the Last Word. As you know there's a bug with gun where you ADS you still achieve the bonus hipfire damage (111 headshots). With a controller I can get the bonus damage pretty often, but when I use the XIM I can't ever seem to get it. Does it have to do with the way the XIM reads ADS on a mouse or something?

How does this bug work, I actually wasn't aware of it. I've moved on from Destiny, for the most part. I still play a little, but I'm trying to finish up Witcher 3 before Gears UE in August. Then it will be a firestorm of games after that. Halo 5, Fallout 4, Battlefront, etc. etc. Destiny is slowing dying for me Personally. I will continue to support this thread though as much as possible.

Offline Rotsen

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 05:55 PM - 07/06/15 »
Im not exactly sure, it randomly happens when you ADS with it. Might be due to the triggers on controllers. The game might  read that youre still hipfiring even though youre clearly ADSing.

Offline Pinion13

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 02:52 AM - 07/08/15 »
I can't get turn assist to bind to k3.  I use the same mouse as the op.  What am I doing wrong? 
« Last Edit: 03:46 AM - 07/08/15 by Pinion13 »

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #82 on: 08:29 AM - 07/08/15 »
I can't get turn assist to bind to k3.  I use the same mouse as the op.  What am I doing wrong?

You need to bind K3 into a key stroke on LGS before you can bind it on the xim manager.
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 08:35 AM - 07/08/15 »

Did you follow the LGS setup I posted. I want to assume Yes because you said K3. But make sure you setup your buttons in LGS to represent keyboard buttons.

You need to bind K3 into a key stroke on LGS before you can bind it on the xim manager.

Thanks R3MIX, you must've beaten me by mere seconds!  ;)

It's the first pic in this link
http://imgur.com/a/VfKnj

Offline Pinion13

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 01:30 PM - 07/08/15 »
Thanks gents.  I missed that little gem.

What do you think this guy is using to turn so quickly and smoothly?  Something like your running config button?  I know he's using a xim and that he's a pvp beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgBATzQnY8E

Offline Eryxis

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Eryxis82
« Reply #85 on: 02:24 PM - 07/08/15 »
Just out of curiosity, how do you know he uses a xim, and does he stream at all?

Offline Pinion13

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 02:43 PM - 07/08/15 »
He posts on the same message board I do and has stated that he does use a xim.  Not sure if he streams.
« Last Edit: 02:53 PM - 07/08/15 by Pinion13 »

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 04:28 PM - 07/08/15 »
Thanks gents.  I missed that little gem.

What do you think this guy is using to turn so quickly and smoothly?  Something like your running config button?  I know he's using a xim and that he's a pvp beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgBATzQnY8E

Yes he uses XIM and he's a member of this community so just look him up and PM him. I would say he's using a KB, based on his movement. Personally, I think my movement's a little smoother then his. Not saying I'm better in any way. This guys a top 10 free for all player! Keep that in mind though, he spends an awful lot of time playing this game.

Offline Pinion13

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 06:00 PM - 07/08/15 »
Yeah he's way up there in the ranks.
http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/ps/Rappo000

The place I know him from gives him flack for using a xim rather than a controller so this would probably be a better place to ask. Not too sure he'll be eager to share details of his winning setup though.

Offline GU4RDI4N

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 04:43 AM - 07/09/15 »
Hey guys, just joined this community after being convinced by RML to buy one of these (XIM4)

Never had one before and have never gamed on PC so new to all this, Just got my XIM4 this morning and going to set up (wish me luck) got myself a PS NAV because im not a fan of the WASD.
Bought this solely for Destiny and plan on using this guide to help me, the only difference i have is the mouse. I went for the Roccat Tyon instead of the G502 as i heard it is a good mouse + i like the analog on the side.

Well thats it just wanted to say thanks in advanced and if there are any pointer you vets have for a noob