XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 719079 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 6/09/15)
« Reply #60 on: 09:03 AM - 06/13/15 »
Yeah, unless you're using the exact same peripherals as I am, then you won't experience how the game feels to me, 100%. This setup is just to help establish a base line, as redneckx pointed out.

Offline anubisrich

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 12:12 PM - 06/22/15 »
Just wanted to jump on and say thanks for this. Very useful, I have a 3600 DPI mouse and the calculator on the post seems to not work anymore so the sensitivities needed a bit of playing with. Saw mist recommend doing that anyway and it makes sense.

Can anyone help with the difference between boost and sensitivity? I presume boost is more the initial acceleration, I find higher boost for running and vehicles to be better.

The ADS balance is the most important thing. I haven't played PC FPS games for a while (started on Wolvenstein and Doom, finished - at quite a high standard - on Unreal Tournament, Quake and America's Army). I like to be able to flick between targets quickly while ADSing but you also want the precision for headshots (which is so much better with XIM).

Anyone still playing Destiny on here? I know it got a bit of a kicking early on but it is fun although I don't really know why. The movement just feels right you know and well, shooting stuff is shooting stuff. E3 was a big disappointment to me, I'll give SW Battlefront a go but I can tell it's going to be rubbish. CoD is out of the question til they go back to no exo suits. Cannot see what Fallout 4 will bring over Fallout 3 so might save myself a few weeks of my life. Then all other shooters are bringing out "open world" environments no doubt at the expense of making a solid shooter with good maps, balanced gameplay and good netcode.

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #62 on: 08:38 AM - 06/23/15 »
RML last time to told me to hold off on upgrading the firmware till AA is here. Is it safe to say now is a good time to upgrade?
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 01:48 PM - 06/23/15 »
RML last time to told me to hold off on upgrading the firmware till AA is here. Is it safe to say now is a good time to upgrade?

I updated the OP for the 06' firmware and Included Turn Assist for Run and Sparrow, also updated button mapping codes. Update at will, You will lose wireless Nav though.  :(

« Last Edit: 02:55 PM - 06/23/15 by RML »

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 03:03 PM - 06/23/15 »

Can anyone help with the difference between boost and sensitivity? I presume boost is more the initial acceleration, I find higher boost for running and vehicles to be better.

Boost alters the deadzone

Offline Twisterman360

• View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 6/23/15)
« Reply #65 on: 11:09 AM - 06/26/15 »
How do you find your profile works for sniping? You said that you changed the curve to combat aim assist but a lot of the people out there say you want high aim assist on snipers as it increases effective hit box size.

Offline TheLambeauHeap

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: JolietJakeBlues
  • PSN ID: TheLambeauHeap
« Reply #66 on: 01:09 PM - 06/26/15 »
Thank you for this guide! I just got my Xim4 and used this guide to get my setup running.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 03:00 PM - 06/26/15 »
How do you find your profile works for sniping? You said that you changed the curve to combat aim assist but a lot of the people out there say you want high aim assist on snipers as it increases effective hit box size.

My personal opinion, a lot of people are wrong! Lol ... I'm JK man. Here's my take on it. I love to snipe, I originally had an added sniper sub config with this setup. I even had a demonstration video. I removed it for a few reasons. The way subs currently work it was causing too much confusion and I also didn't find myself needing a sniping config as much with this game as with a game like BF per say. Here are the settings I used for Sniping with this game, if you're interested.

I used the same ballistic as ADS. Using the ADS trans, I lowered sens for Long Ranges and adj. the deadzone for left stick to help limit some movement while sniping.

The problem was primarily the issue with subs. I kept accidentally hitting my snipe button while on the Sparrow, which would default me to HIP. It became a nuisance, Obs is working on fixing settings for future downloads. But right now having too many subs can become an issue.

So, I basically chose Sprint and Sparrow over snipe because I used them more often. Because of that and the fact that Destiny has an INSANE amount of aim assist. Notice that the configs I made above were only for Long Range. At Long Range those settings will help you with jitters. However, for close to mid range I personally like having some added movement while sniping. Added movement allows more precision for headshots. Aim assist is great for automatic weapons and if sub configs worked like I wanted them too I would be using another setting similar to my LR snipe just for firing. That way you could quickly acquire the target with my ballistic then slow movement down when you fire. If your shots are accurate, that type of setting would take advantage of aim assist and lock on the target. Trust me, if settings (sub configs) worked as I want them too, my ANAL setup would be at a whole other level of ANALITY.  ;)

You can check out the video R3MIX made while using my setup, he seems to be enjoying himself lol...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LHmo0yV-DBM

I also use a similar style curve for sniping with BF4 and Hardline (Snipe is all I do in those games), here are a couple videos of my gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZPW3crtRnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajwn6P8mDUE&feature=youtu.be

Thank you for this guide! I just got my Xim4 and used this guide to get my setup running.
  Congrats bro!!  ;D

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #68 on: 06:05 AM - 06/28/15 »
@#$%, Lambeau that's some very precise shots there.  Beast!
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 02:01 PM - 06/28/15 »
@#$%, Lambeau that's some very precise shots there.  Beast!

Yeah, nice shots Lambeau! ;)

Offline Joehanz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Joehanz
« Reply #70 on: 06:25 AM - 06/29/15 »
I'm a bit confused... I don't seem to have the "turn assist" option? I'm using the Android app.
Any help would be apreciated!

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 11:58 AM - 06/29/15 »
I'm a bit confused... I don't seem to have the "turn assist" option? I'm using the Android app.
Any help would be apreciated!

You have to use the latest firmware and manager in the release candidate section in order to have Turn Assist. Here's a link - http://xim4.com/community/index.php?board=77.0

Offline mark.agnir

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: markagnir
« Reply #72 on: 01:18 PM - 07/01/15 »
I just got the xim 4 for my ps4 and playing destiny. I need help getting the settings to run smoother. Now I have hip ads and sparrow. I use around 10000 boost for hip. Thanks

Offline doggmatic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: doggmatic
« Reply #73 on: 06:43 PM - 07/01/15 »
Thanks for posting this - looks great.  I haven't figured out how to paste in those settings yet but haven't really tried - is there a trick?

I just got my Xim4 yesterday so I'm diving in.. it's not really plug & play haha.

I have an iphone only, nothing else with bluetooth so i had to set up wired to a laptop.  Ended up signing up for the iphone app test though so I will give it a go tonight with your profile.

I have a razer nostromo and I thought it would be good but the stick isnt actually analog... do you think it's worth picking up one of those Sony Nav things?  Plus a USB hub so I can have a keyboard + mouse + sony nav?

Thank sheaps

Offline wobbleout

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: wobbleout
  • PSN ID: itsimpossible2
« Reply #74 on: 06:06 PM - 07/02/15 »
My Sony Nav is not working correctly, I move the joy stick and nothing happens. I think I am confused on where it needs to be plugged in. I also am not sure if I need to keep the keyboard and controller plugged in? Can someone post a pic of what needs to be plugged in and where for the Sony Nav to work correctly? Please?

Thanks guys I am super excited to try this out and wreck fools

Admin