XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: Advanced Setups (20200613)  (Read 672332 times)

Offline IceZ

• View Profile
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 5/03/15)
« Reply #45 on: 08:40 AM - 06/03/15 »

So I am on

Manager Version: 4.00.20141114
Firmware Version: 4.00.20141114

Ok, cool, so the curves will work for you. Make sure you click on the "select" box above the code. That should highlight everything that you need to copy/paste.

If you're having other problems, such as how to copy/paste with your particular phone, then let us know and maybe someone here can help further.

Thank you RML.  I will need to take a look tonight but I didn't see any place to paste code within the app.

« Last Edit: 10:31 AM - 06/03/15 by IceZ »

Offline joekitch

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09:04 AM - 06/03/15 »
i didnt think to just make the curve more aggressive for ADS to combat the aim assist slow-on-target, i'll give that a shot, since i can aim just fine at long ranges right now and i barely move my mouse then anyway

another issue; what do you guys use for switching from xim4 input back to PC input? i use xim4 commander and a belkin transfer cable currently but after some hours of playing it'll stop working and i have to force kill the xim commander because it crashes my windows explorer along with itself, in addition to unplugging and re plugging my xim4 and controller, not good
HOWEVER i tried using a usb switching hub to swap video and usb inputs but sometimes when i switch, the xim4 goes brain dead (solid white light instead of a pulsing red as normal)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10:08 AM - 06/03/15 »
^ That's probably a question you would want to ask in the support section. I'm sure you would get more responses there. I currently do not use Commander. 

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 11:18 AM - 06/03/15 »
i didnt think to just make the curve more aggressive for ADS to combat the aim assist slow-on-target, i'll give that a shot, since i can aim just fine at long ranges right now and i barely move my mouse then anyway

another issue; what do you guys use for switching from xim4 input back to PC input? i use xim4 commander and a belkin transfer cable currently but after some hours of playing it'll stop working and i have to force kill the xim commander because it crashes my windows explorer along with itself, in addition to unplugging and re plugging my xim4 and controller, not good
HOWEVER i tried using a usb switching hub to swap video and usb inputs but sometimes when i switch, the xim4 goes brain dead (solid white light instead of a pulsing red as normal)

Both of these are known issues actually and there are no solutions to fix them. XIM4 doesn't like some usb switches and Commander is known to have issues like these as it's still in Alpha.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline litex2x

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Humbabalol
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 6/03/15)
« Reply #49 on: 02:33 PM - 06/04/15 »
I tried out your setup for a few days and my old habits are just to in grained to get used to your setup. Using the bindings for right joystick and holding down for sprint was just very difficult for me to get used.

It did feel more natural and consistent. I might try it again and increase the sensitivity.

Offline Twisterman360

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 07:20 PM - 06/04/15 »
Hello,

Thank you so much for putting your time into this. It has definitely helped improve the overall game play. I am still having a few issues that I am not quite sure how to address.

1) I am still having troubles turning around tight corners and around in general. I am finding I have to swipe my mouse pretty far to turn around completely even with your settings. I have turned up the sensitivity a bit from your default settings but it still seems too slow if someone comes behind you and you have to turn instantly. Do you have any methods to make turning feel more like COD or Counter Strike?

2) Can you elaborate on how to get the vehicle config to work properly? I can't seem to get it to stick properly.

Thanks,

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 06:37 AM - 06/05/15 »
I tried out your setup for a few days and my old habits are just to in grained to get used to your setup. Using the bindings for right joystick and holding down for sprint was just very difficult for me to get used.

It did feel more natural and consistent. I might try it again and increase the sensitivity.

You should hold off until Turn Assist is released in a week or so. TA should help us significantly with Destiny, I will be updating the OP once the TA beta is out.

Hello,

Thank you so much for putting your time into this. It has definitely helped improve the overall game play. I am still having a few issues that I am not quite sure how to address.

1) I am still having troubles turning around tight corners and around in general. I am finding I have to swipe my mouse pretty far to turn around completely even with your settings. I have turned up the sensitivity a bit from your default settings but it still seems too slow if someone comes behind you and you have to turn instantly. Do you have any methods to make turning feel more like COD or Counter Strike?

2) Can you elaborate on how to get the vehicle config to work properly? I can't seem to get it to stick properly.

Thanks,

Hi,  You're welcome! :)

As far as turning goes, we all are having issues with this game Lol... I wish I had a better answer for you but the fact is Destiny's look mechanic is terrible, especially while running! My setup can help but it can't fix it entirely. When Turn Assists is released I believe it will help this game ALOT! Stay tuned to this thread and I will update when the TA beta comes out.

About the Vehicle Config. - What issues are you having exactly? Are you accidentally changing configs. or something else? I can't really go into detail about some of it as Multi-key functions are something we aren't allowed to discuss in this forum in depth. Based on your use of the word "stick" I'm assuming that you keep defaulting back to your primary config. "HIP". This can happen if you are using a Sub-Config and then press a button that activates another Sub-Config. I've been doing some testing the last couple days because I wasn't having this problem while others were. Here's what I've discovered and what I believe to be a work around for this issue.

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=40458.0

« Last Edit: 09:10 AM - 06/05/15 by RML »

Offline Ratha

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 12:45 AM - 06/07/15 »
Hi RML , i have a question regarding the DPI of your setup. You are using a g502 mouse that has a native 12000 dpi but you have it on 8000 dpi. I remember Od1n and most other people saying that you would want the highest dpi that is native to the mouse sensor.
 Is is a personal preference or have you tried it on 12000dps ?   
And if someone would want to use your Destiny setup but with a 12000 dpi setting, how would that convert ?

Thank you for the effort of sharing your setup, it really feels better than what i used.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 12:08 PM - 06/07/15 »
My personal preference is 8000. I have three reasons for this. It's what I'm used to, it's the max dpi of another mouse that I use (I don't want to chg. sensitivities when I chg. mice) and I've tried 12000 dpi. TBH it didn't feel noticeably better IMO. That being said, as you've stated, it's always suggested to go with your mouse's highest native dpi.

There's a link towards the bottom of my OP for the DPI convertor tool. I also explained how to use it  ;)

Offline RexHydro

• Hey, how you doin'?
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: RexHyro_
« Reply #54 on: 08:11 PM - 06/07/15 »

And if someone would want to use your Destiny setup but with a 12000 dpi setting, how would that convert ?

You could also try this:

12000 / 8000 = 1.5

Then take the 8000 DPI sensitivity and divide by 1.5:

HIP / 1.5
ADS / 1.5
etc
(and round to two decimal places)

That works for me in BF4 when I tried out some setting from people using other dpi than me and it should be the same. (I tested it out quite a few times by changing my mouse dpi and it feels the same. At least for me.)
Looks like the Doc's work. You get what you pay for... ;)

Water is coffee, milk is wine.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 07:39 AM - 06/09/15 »
WARNING: As of 6/09/15, You must create Settings (Sub Configs) in the following order for this to work properly. This is an issue that hopefully will be resolved soon.

- Primary, HIP (already created)
- Sub, ADS (already created)
- Sub, Running (you create)
- Sub, Vehicle (you create)

Offline patchm00

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Patchm00
Re: Destiny: My Advanced Setup (UPDATED 6/09/15)
« Reply #56 on: 08:01 AM - 06/09/15 »
WARNING: As of 6/09/15, You must create Settings (Sub Configs) in the following order for this to work properly. This is an issue that hopefully will be resolved soon.

- Primary, HIP (already created)
- Sub, ADS (already created)
- Sub, Running (you create)
- Sub, Vehicle (you create)

Something change on 6/9 or are you just saying you figured this out on 6/9 :)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 04:22 PM - 06/09/15 »
^ This is the way I was using it so I didn't realize there was an issue if they weren't in this order. Other's started having problems with putting vehicle before Running. In that situation if you accidentally pressed the button to activate your run settings then it would default you back to HIP when released. The same can happen with activating the vehicle settings while running but isn't as big of a deal as you're not stuck on your sparrow, your on foot.

Nothing was changed on 6/09 but hopefully something will change soon.  :)

Offline Cloudz00x

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 10:06 AM - 06/12/15 »
Hey RMl... first off great guide. I ditched my old config just to try yours. I wanted to ask for us diehard keyboard users... Would this setup still be functional if we just use a kb/mouse setup. I personally don't have a sony move navi.  If so how would we go about matching yours to ours?

Offline redneckx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SpaceVarmint
« Reply #59 on: 10:23 AM - 06/12/15 »
Hey RMl... first off great guide. I ditched my old config just to try yours. I wanted to ask for us diehard keyboard users... Would this setup still be functional if we just use a kb/mouse setup. I personally don't have a sony move navi.  If so how would we go about matching yours to ours?

I use RML's setup with KB/Mouse. No problems at all. The helpful tidbits here are mostly in the curves, numbers, concepts, and mouse macros. The nav vs keyboard is minimal. You will just have to come up with some keys to map what he has mapped to the nav keys. Personally i love these settings (with a little of my own tweaking). Its a great place to start. I hate the Nav though :)