XIM Community

PS4 Warframe radial menu  (Read 297 times)

Offline Mcfar53

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mcfar53
  • PSN ID: mcfar53
PS4 Warframe radial menu
« on: 11:56 AM - 07/05/20 »
I've searched online for a few days now to no avail. I'm hoping someone here can provide a solution. I have my mouse set to use the dial and and assist to slow it down for a more precise movement. Still, it's not good enough to select what you need in the heat of the battle. Assigned keys to access the mouse movement and select are cumbersome and I die and die and die. I've even used a different key to access the radial menu so i didn't have to move my hand and put the most important items, such as energy pods, in the up, left, down and right positions for quick access. Still, it requires a 2 finger approach that can prove to be as cumbersome.
Can a key, such as numbers 1-9 be used to access nine positions of the menu or 5 and use 6-9 to quickly access your powers? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: PS4 Warframe radial menu
« Reply #1 on: 01:01 PM - 07/05/20 »
Welcome to the community. My daughter plays Warframe but she uses a Nav so she doesn't have any issues with this. Hopefully someone will comment on how they handle this when using a keyboard.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 02:54 PM - 07/05/20 »
It can be done via a Titan Two script, I used to do exactly this for The Division health and grenade menus.

These days I use an Azeron analogue keypad and an AUX page in XIM APEX Manager to swap the sticks when navigating radial menus.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:44 PM - 07/05/20 »
There are two good ways on how to deal with that menu imo:

1) use a sub config (activation button = menu button) with the left stick box ticked and the turn assist feature bound to your menu button. You can now easily move your mouse to the desired item.

2) dont do any XIM changes but overload your menu. The menu will infinitely continue to spin once you overload it with at least one more item. If done correctly (add only 1 additional item to overload it i think) your items will be moved by one slot each time you spin though the whole menu once. That will allow you to access the items that previously where placed on slots you could reach with WASD.

3) This is kind of an option although not very elegant. Add SAB (say 100) to your config which will then randomly change the angles when picking items in that menu. You may have to select a certain slot a few times before you get the right random angle but that is still faster than picking up the controller.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Mcfar53

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:07 PM - 07/05/20 »
I will definitely try the suggestions. I have made it to where the mouse will spin on the menu but it spins erratically. I implemented a button to slow it down but I can't stop it exactly where I want it. It's bad when you're in battle, need energy, health or a spector to save you and can't quite get there. Dying time.
I'm hopeful your suggestions will help.  Thank you

Offline Mcfar53

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:04 PM - 07/06/20 »
Suggestion number two was the best one. Add just one over or the items will change positions if you go past the first item again. You have to include a turn assist ot it will go too fast.
There are a lot of items you can carry and everyone was happy with the update that allowed you to. Unfortunately adding more than one extra causes an unwanted effect. It's a shame but it works really well.

Admin