XIM Community

Battlefront - 11/17/15  (Read 10400 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Battlefront - 11/17/15
« on: 12:04 AM - 04/18/15 »
I really don't know what to think about this, there's no way that's in game footage! HOLY SHIZNIT! :o
- 60 fps
- 40 player cap
- No campaign
- Free DLC
- Switch between 1st and 3rd person at will (Two look mechanics?).
- 11/17/15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seaPWKXJohE

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/star-wars-celebration-battlefront-release-date-officially-revealed
« Last Edit: 07:47 AM - 04/25/15 by RML »

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefront 3 11/17/15?
« Reply #1 on: 01:28 AM - 04/18/15 »
Can't explain how hyped i am for this game. The footage we all seen yesterday was "Game engine footage" apparently from a PS4, I was a little disappointed in that, i think in this day and age game look good enough to build trailers out of "In game footage" but then i seen an IGN video where two guys who had played a LIVE demo of the game that day were tearing the footage apart, he said the game they played look just about the same.

Either way, i'm not a fanatical fan of StarWars but i really do love the films "all of them" of course the first 3 were special. But they all have their charm and appeal.

I'm not a fan of large open battlefield type games. But i'm looking forward to this, probably a little too hyped for this game, i'm trying to play it down but i'm about to pee in my panties at any moment.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:46 AM - 04/18/15 »
No campaign?   I'm a bit disappointed.

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Zombie_Be_Gone
« Reply #3 on: 04:31 AM - 04/18/15 »

They have co-op Missions.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:41 AM - 04/18/15 »

No story mode, but there are special coop missions that can be played in SP too.

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #5 on: 08:39 AM - 04/18/15 »
Has a Star Wars/Battlefield fan I thought that I would be super duper excited for this, but meh... I'm hoping it's a great game and that deals the first "final blow" to CoD but I'm leaving the hype train on the station for now. I've been deceived way too many times, especially in the last year and a half.

With upcoming releases like a new UT, Titanfall 2 on multi platforms, The Divison etc., the CoD franchise is having it's noose tighten even more around it's throat and honestly, CoD should be allowed to die, so it can be reborn later and in the meantime let gaming evolve to the next level. 

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:16 AM - 04/18/15 »
i like the idea however i have huge worries with the heros on the map
hopefully they are well balanced, DICE said a good hero can turn the game into his own teams favour
i assume everyone wants to play the few available heros on the map then and as soon as a noob or casual manages to be the fastest your team plays with a huge disadvantage

same as in BF4 for when your team doesnt have a capable commander but the opponents do
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #7 on: 09:34 AM - 04/18/15 »

Why? Battlefront has never had a real campaign mode. There are other Star Wars games for that.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:02 AM - 04/18/15 »

Why? Battlefront has never had a real campaign mode. There are other Star Wars games for that.

+1

But if this game looks anywhere near as good as that trailer, not having a SP would be a waste.
But then again, having no SP was probably the reason for how they achieved such awesomeness.

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:10 AM - 04/18/15 »
Not really into star wars to be fair so i prob wont pick this up but EA/DICE have swayed my opinion of Battlefield recently so who knows.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #10 on: 11:11 AM - 04/18/15 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei1XJtyy404

This was my favorite game, on PS2. Used to dominate online.

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
« Reply #11 on: 11:16 AM - 04/18/15 »
I won't be thrilled if the player cap is actually 40.  By this time it should be 40 people on each side.  Why are we going back in time here?

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:03 PM - 04/18/15 »
Trailer looks cool but I won't get hyped unless the beta is good. I'm probably going to end up getting Black Ops 3 unless there's another shooter that'll get revealed later. Hopefully a new Killzone.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

MrSir

« Reply #13 on: 01:07 PM - 04/18/15 »
awww yeee , i hope there will be a beta , i've never even seen a full star wars movie or wanted to, but i always liked the battlefront games

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:40 PM - 04/18/15 »

First, that's was one of the reasons I never really liked previous Battlefront games especially II which they removed air vehicles on ground maps and removed cockpits, and I didn't like the space maps either.  Second, DICE has made campaigns for Battlefield 3 and 4, so I had expected them to do the same for Battlefront 2015.  There has been a Star Wars game with decent story since KOTOR and Republic Commandos. 

DICE was the reason that I was hyped in the first place.

Admin