XIM Community

Scoped and target multipliers in Fortnite BR  (Read 7055 times)

Offline Magnetos hate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pink Xim
Re: Scoped and target multipliers in Fortnite BR
« Reply #15 on: 11:30 PM - 10/18/17 »
[....]
one thing is sure though, it's fundementally bad because most controller players find it awkward as well.

Agreed. Epic has two teams devoted to this game, a team for the BR side and a team for the PvE side.

The BR side has acknowledged the look mechanics failure to even make novice gamers happy. They have said on a few forum posts as well as their Reddit that they are actively working on fixing the aiming systems in this game. The slider for scoped weapons Is a small fix, thankfully, they have admitted that. They're promising a larger revamp of sorts soon.

I'd say epic has done really well so far with their updates and acknowledging their games issues. I'd bet we see a good look mechanic from them in the future.
Xbox One X
BenQ Monitor
Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse
Corsair K70 Strafe Keyboard

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12:04 PM - 10/19/17 »
that's a big bet in today's game development climate but on the other hand this game HAS seen over 10 million players...

Offline Magnetos hate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pink Xim
« Reply #17 on: 05:03 PM - 10/19/17 »
that's a big bet in today's game development climate but on the other hand this game HAS seen over 10 million players...

If we're being honest, this game was a bust on start. They only had the PvE mode and nobody was playing it.

Epic added the second team to create a Battle Royale game mode and all of a sudden this game took off. Console players finally had a BR game mode, sure it isn't PUBG or H1 but it is a BR game and it hit at a good time too, Destiny 2 players are dropping at an insane rate D/T 0 endgame etc. COD hasn't dropped WW2 yet. Overwatch gets old.

When I look on the Epic forums and their reddit I see a lot of people talking and I do see Epic answering. I see them being pretty transparent and I see a company that wants to keep their player base in a market that seems ever so recyclable of late.

They took less than 2 weeks from acknowledging there's an issue with scoped sens to the time they dropped the patch for it. I can't think of another developer that is doing such other than possibly Blizzard.

I have high hopes that Epic can continue to improve this game. Regardless this game has me SUPER excited for PUBG's release on console.
Xbox One X
BenQ Monitor
Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse
Corsair K70 Strafe Keyboard

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #18 on: 09:47 AM - 10/20/17 »
G502 12K DPI Here...

I put XIM HIP TO 15
XIM ADS TO 8.5

I put Target Multiplier up max (ingame)
I put scope sensitivity to .50 (ingame) ...

seems to work a treat for me at the moment, I managed to 1 shot snipe someone from miles away last night, and I mean miles lol !! the guy looked like an ant on my screen, had to get the bullet drop just right, was so satisfying.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #19 on: 07:09 PM - 10/22/17 »
Yea - look mechanic did not change, just more options to set sensitivity differently for weapons that have a scope (ACOG & Sniper).

Admin