XIM Community

what's a good mouse to use for Halo 3  (Read 1241 times)

Offline chocochoco

• View Profile
what's a good mouse to use for Halo 3
« on: 11:35 AM - 12/08/09 »
I have lycosa 1800dpi already but doesn't have extra buttons which is very unfortable for me.  thinking about getting a mouse with a total of 5 configurable buttons.  I dont know if 1800dpi is enough (smooth as possible), I got high skill of 50 in LW with regular controller but suck at aiming at other playlist.  I almost get out br-ed or out-sniped in other playlist...I mostly rely on my radar as a player. 

Offline Biskit64

• View Profile
Re: what's a good mouse to use for Halo 3
« Reply #1 on: 12:43 PM - 12/08/09 »

I always liked my old MX518 when playing Halo 3, i could out BR about anyone with it.
There will be other suggestions i am sure but its a fine  mouse i highly recommend it , and it has 5 programmable buttons .

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:13 PM - 12/08/09 »
Um...You got a 50 in LW with the controller, but suck in any other playlist?  Uh, booster?  Ha.

Anyway, I've found 1800 DPI and about 25-30 sensitivity with the Halo 3 Smart Mouse profile to be optimal.  That's with a Logitech G9.  I honestly don't think that the mouse itself makes a difference, but I have no empirical data to back it up.

Offline chocochoco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:29 PM - 12/08/09 »
I'm rank 43 and above in other playlist.  second to the highest one is slayer which is a 46

I dont play MLG or squad...my sniper is around a 32.   That is what I mean by sucking at other playlist, does is matter whether I get a 3500 dpi or 1800dpi? the one i'm thinking to buy is a death adder which has 5 programable buttons but has 3500dpi compared to my old salmosa with 1800dpi only 3 programmable buttons.  I want to have my beat down, nade, scope, and fire on my mouse =)

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:33 PM - 12/08/09 »
You really won't get much benefit out of those high DPIs with XIM.  I'd say keep it around 2000.

Here's my mouse layout:

RightClick=Grenade
LeftClick=Fire primary (Right trigger on xbox controller)
MouseForward=Zoom
MouseBack=Melee
MouseWheelUp=Equipment (X Button)
MouseWheelDown=Change weapon (Y Button)

Offline Riseing

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • My clan site
« Reply #5 on: 06:09 AM - 12/09/09 »
Mouse DPI depends on what you like. I played with an 800dpi mouse for a looooooooooooong time and achieved a ranklocked 48 in swat with a 15 win streak.
Help me in my quest to get tweak positive rep.
http://www.ximmers.com/forum/index.php
Go there for macros and such.

Offline chocochoco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:31 PM - 12/09/09 »
thanks guys, i already bought a death adder w/ 3500 dpi for 50$ today =( It was a good deal so I decided to buy it...I just really want a programmable 5 buttons w/ 1800dpi but my gf wanted me to buy a razer instead of a logitech so w/e.  I sold a few games of mine to make up for the 50$ =( it's w/e because I just like to play halo 3. 

Thanks for the help guys.