XIM Community

Cant get my XIM to work  (Read 1218 times)

Offline boone

• View Profile
Cant get my XIM to work
« on: 07:01 AM - 12/08/09 »
So yesterday I received my xim and ps2 to ps3 adapter. I followed the instructions that came with the product for installation. However, I continue to get the ERROR unable to connect to XIM hardware (code:401). I went to the device manager and found that the usb wasn't detecting the XIM. Through all my searching I found that since I was putting this on a 64 bit Vista pc I needed to disable driver signature enforcer and go through the process again, which I did with the same result. Another thread had a step by step process which indicated that I needed to install the USBXpress, which I did and received: The specified INF files could not be copied and installed. At this point, I am embarassed that I have literally spent hours searching threads and trying to get this to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way the software I was instructed to use is http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=265.0

Offline boone

• View Profile
Re: Cant get my XIM to work
« Reply #1 on: 07:19 PM - 12/08/09 »
I never got the xim to work with my 64 bit Vista. No matter what I did (and I did everything suggested) it was unable to connect to the xim hardware code 401. But I finally got it to work with my old laptop that has xp. I'll post with any changes to the vista.

Offline boone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:40 AM - 12/10/09 »
Hey Tweak, thanks for your reply. When I get to step 4, I assume the dark cable is the usb from my xim? Also once I plug that in, windows doesn't do anything. Like it doesn't see the device. The usb's are good and I've tried it on all four my pc has. I've tried it with everything plugged in with the console on to the xim by itself. I know it works because I've been playing it with my laptop but it would be nice to get it to run on my pc too. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Offline boone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:38 AM - 12/10/09 »
Update: I went to do some playing with the laptop today but the xim no longer works. I changed nothing. When I run the xim and the 360 controller comes up all I get is an hourglass instead of it picking up my mouse and keyboard. What gives? The little I've got to use the xim has been great but the frustration in just getting it to work is overshadowing that at this point. Again, any help would be great!

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:39 AM - 12/10/09 »
Dark Grey should be from the Xbox Controller.  The other one (typically white) is wired straight to the XIM chip.

I swear if those instructions don't work for you then something is seriously FUBAR.

Offline boone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:21 AM - 12/10/09 »
I completely agree with you!!! By the way this is going to a ps3 so I don't have a 360 controller, I have the xim with a ps2-ps3 adapter if that makes any difference.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:14 PM - 12/10/09 »
XIM1?

If that's the case then you need completely different software...lol!

http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=265.0

Offline boone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:38 PM - 12/10/09 »
That's the software I'm using.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:36 PM - 12/10/09 »
None of the links mentioned here are for XIM1.

This is XIM2 stuff, so it won't help you.