XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM4 doesn't seem to be powering my mouse or PS Nav contoller.  (Read 2956 times)

Offline p490440

• View Profile
I have a Xim4 that I have been using with a XB1 and a 360 before that.

I use a PS nav controller and a logitech mouse. Nothing in my set up has changed in years.

Once in a while I had to hard restart my XB1 to get my controller and mouse powered.
My astro A-40 has never had chat capabilities through the XIM4. That doesn't bother me too much.

A few days ago the analogue stick on the ps nav and my mouse were working but the bumpers, D-Pad and buttons weren't.

I hard restarted my XB1. Didn't work

I hard restarted again and tried to pair up with my laptop.        The restart didn't work and the Xim4 wouldn't pair.
I unplugged everything from the Xim4, Paired it to the laptop with the usb and installed the new firmware and manager.
I hooked the mouse and ps nav and mapped my buttons while cabled to the laptop and it seemed just fine.

Hooked back to XB1........didn't work.........mouse didn't light up.

Hard restart XB1 ............ still nothing.

Hook Xim4 back to laptop...factory reset....don't map buttons this time.

Hook to XB1....pair with bluetooth.......ps nav and mouse don't seem to be getting power.

While I'm trying to map the " listen " button just stays there waiting.

Hard restart XB1 again and try a different usb port..........doesn't' work XIM4 lights up normally as always but mouse stays dark.

Hard restart one more time on another usb port.......Didn't work.

Unhook XIM4 and fail horribly at aiming with regular controller........... Like 3 and 19 bad.
Plus my hands fall asleep pronto griping a regular controller. Help.
« Last Edit: 09:39 AM - 03/29/15 by OBsIV »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Welcome to the community. In summary, aiming works, but, no buttons work, is that correct? Do your controller's buttons work?

What version of the firmware are you using?

It shows nothing on Manager main page when you press buttons?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline p490440

• View Profile
The analogue on the PS nav worked in the XB1 menu, But I couldn't press A so to speak. If I used a controller and opened a private match Only the PS nav analogue stick worked there as well.

Now nothing works when the XIM is powered by the XB1.

When it is hooked to the PC everything seems ok? I can map the buttons anyway.

I'm thinking about getting a usb hub honestly. Will it work with the Nav controller and mouse plugged into a usb hub and the hub plugged into the XIM?

Offline p490440

• View Profile
It is on the newest firmware btw.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
You can bind any button in Manager when connected to your PC, but, when connected to your X1, buttons no longer bind? Am I interpreting that correctly?

Offline p490440

• View Profile
Correct.

When the XIM is cabled to the PC everything seems like it's normal.

Last night I uninstalled and downloaded the newest firmware and manager and reinstalled it again.

Manager about says the correct version for both.

The mouse and keyboard will power now, but still wont work. Had trouble getting the keyboard to power, I unplugged and re-plugged it a bunch. I finally had to plug it into 1 then plug it into 2 and then plug the mouse in. It would then stay powered.  Weird...... MY PS nav wouldn't work at all, bluetooth or cabled.
The nav works fine with my PS3 though.

Everything looks fine, XB, controller, mouse, keyboard/joystick icons show up on the XIM manager when it's hooked to the XB1.

The buttons show up in the manager correctly when pushed.

The XB1 ignores everything except the controller that is plugged into the XIM. There aren't any batteries in the XB1 controller btw.

My XB1 and it's controllers are all running on the latest updates released for them.

When I first started having problems last week, just the Nav analogue stick worked. No buttons on either the mouse or nav worked. Now I have fixed it so nothing at all works!!! Are you hiring by any chance:)

I wont mess with it again until you tell me something specific to try. I understand its hard to troubleshoot when people keep changing the problem.

I wont be able to respond until late afternoon. Thanks for your help.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
We should start with one device at a time. First, try connecting your XIM4 to your console only with your controller plugged in and check if everything works as expected. Then connect with your controller and mouse and check if everything works. Finally, with all devices connected. When does it fail?

Offline p490440

• View Profile
It works with just the XB1 controller.

The mouse lights up and showed button functions and could be mapped in manger. It wouldn't work in a game though. Like no signal is getting from the XIM to the XB1.
After a few hard restarts the mouse isn't mappable and the buttons no longer show up in the manager.
 The mouse is powered though.......

The PS nav controller didn't even try to work, although the controller icon showed up in the manager.

Basically the XIM works with the XB1 controller and nothing else.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Are you using the braided USB cord we supply with the XIM4 in order to connect it to either your PC or your console?  If not, you might want to try it, as we source pretty high quality cables for inclusion with XIM4.

If you *are* using that cable, well, there's always the chance that there was a bad apple in the bunch.  If you have other USB data cables, you might want to try one.  (Note: it must be a data cable, as charge cables often have no data transmission wires and would produce the kind of results you are seeing.)

Offline p490440

• View Profile
I have tried swapping cables and using them with a battery-less XB1 controller, both cables work fine like that....

I am using your cable to the XIM though.

I can buy a couple of new ones from radio shack and try that out. 
Too bad its a mini usb on the XIM, I have a bunch of regular usb cables..........

Offline p490440

• View Profile
Nobody in town ( small town ) had any short USB cables or a powered hub...... Amazon will have it here friday, will update then.

Thanks for your help thus far.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Any news?

Offline p490440

• View Profile
Good news in fact.

I replaced my usb cables with some amazon cheapies, but shorties.  No difference.

I hooked my mouse and PS nav to a powered usb hub.  No problems. Everything worked as it should.

I didn't try the PS nav bluetooth, I usually play wired.

I wish Aiken would tell people to try powered usb hubs...........

Seriously though, thanks for your help.