XIM Community

Anybody own a Mercedes Benz CLA250 4MATIC or CL45 AMG?  (Read 7283 times)

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
Re: Anybody own a Mercedes Benz CLA250 4MATIC or CL45 AMG?
« Reply #15 on: 09:40 PM - 03/24/15 »
Tesla ftw....

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11:03 PM - 03/24/15 »
Yeah but the models out there are ugly imho.
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03:08 AM - 03/25/15 »
I made an appointment to testdrive the Tesla S next week. The strongest version is a very interesting one. :D

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:55 AM - 03/25/15 »
I mean this is sick:

Offline 4armed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05:23 AM - 03/25/15 »
They are impressive figures.  I noticed they didn't include the "spontaneous combustion" ratio though

Take a bag of marshmallows on your test roads. Mmmmm...  lovely roasted on an open fire  ;D

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06:19 AM - 03/25/15 »
How often was that reported? I heard you have to be Johnny the Torch to drive the car,

Offline 4armed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06:51 AM - 03/25/15 »
lol... yeah, the ultimate offering in heated seats :)

i remember reading (sensationalised) stories of  issues with batteries getting pierced and catching fire on early models.  Don't think it happens/happened often though.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07:00 AM - 03/25/15 »
I found 3 cases in 2013. I think its because its so fast (Watched the Flash last week) :D

Offline 4armed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07:25 AM - 03/25/15 »
They wrapped the batteries in Titanium? Or put Titanium floors in newer models??  The safety tests modern cars have to pass nowadays is stringent, so I'm sure you'll be fine.... Although, if you do happen to own a pair of NOMEX underpants!   ;D

I learnt long ago, the faster you drive the quicker you arrive at the scene of the accident lol..

2 BMW M3's and a Lotus Carlton have tried to kill me in the past.  I was lucky to get out of the Carlton, the tree I hit looked perfectly fine.  Maybe they should make cars out of trees  ::)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07:51 AM - 03/25/15 »
Yeah trees are bad they grow exactly in the spots cars want to drive later. I am sure its on purpose! I had a M3 E46 also. Was a fun car but drove like a Mustang horse where you sit on the first time.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09:17 AM - 03/25/15 »
lol... yeah, the ultimate offering in heated seats :)

i remember reading (sensationalised) stories of  issues with batteries getting pierced and catching fire on early models.  Don't think it happens/happened often though.

yes its quite a problem, when theres a car crash and a heated metal-piece pierces through the bottom plate into the batteries then they will catch fire with a few thousand degrees
and since they are placed all around the bottom of the car pretty much the entire car starts burining
i read that tesla reinforced the bottom plate with an additional metal plate to prevent this though

from a savety point of view the car is pretty great though, the heavy batteries placed at the entire bottom give the car a very very low balance point that makes it almost impossible to flip the car
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09:36 AM - 03/25/15 »
Does it burn better and hotter than 98 fuel? Or my magnesium fuel tank of the SLK? firefighters say its super great to extinguish as Mg can not be extinguished with water.
If I like the test-drive I will order the P85D later this year, no joke.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02:53 PM - 03/26/15 »
Ordered the P85D without testdriving. Never thought as someone living in Germany  I would ever buy a US car. I think Mercedes is quite stupid selling its shares on Tesla. The more I read and watched videos about it, its my car.
Thanks for this thread, the XIM is much more useful than for gaming. Great community.

and this is how its made

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05:44 PM - 03/26/15 »
let me know how you like it roads, looked into the model s when it was still in concept phase but then stopped following it by the time it got released
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #29 on: 05:13 AM - 03/27/15 »
Nice.  I test drove P85 a while back and it's my next car (P85D or otherwise) when time comes.  Q5 has a lot left tho...  =).

Tesla was shockingly impressive and factoring in gas savings over 6 years plus tax breaks in USA makes it a no brainier if you're in that price range / market IMHO.

Very jealous Roads!

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck