XIM Community

getting kicked/signed off in cod  (Read 965 times)

Offline mikeytlong

• View Profile
getting kicked/signed off in cod
« on: 07:00 PM - 12/07/09 »
first off i dont know if xim is detectable but i log onlive, xim works as usual(awsome) for about the first round im in. if it goes thru first round no matter what im logged off live and cod, sometimes happens within the first round. i`ve never heard of xim being spotted or anything this is the first problem ive ever had with it. also if i restart xbox and sign on i can repete signing on and seems to work but no matter how many timesi always seem to get logged off. any help or ideas plz

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: getting kicked/signed off in cod
« Reply #1 on: 07:15 PM - 12/07/09 »
It's not XIM related.

The same thing keeps happening to my brother.  We think it's our router.  You using wireless?

Offline mikeytlong

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:21 PM - 12/07/09 »
nope direct connection, my brother plays on pc also direct, but never had an issue. its weird i dont think its the router because when i get kicked off ill try to log back in but i cant sign on untill i reset my xbox or log off my gamertag and sign back in. also my netbook and brothers pc never have any problem with internet connection.
« Last Edit: 07:26 PM - 12/07/09 by mikeytlong »

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Gamertag: Donskii HD
« Reply #3 on: 12:53 AM - 12/09/09 »
first off i dont know if xim is detectable but i log onlive, xim works as usual(awsome) for about the first round im in. if it goes thru first round no matter what im logged off live and cod, sometimes happens within the first round. i`ve never heard of xim being spotted or anything this is the first problem ive ever had with it. also if i restart xbox and sign on i can repete signing on and seems to work but no matter how many timesi always seem to get logged off. any help or ideas plz

Did you try playing with just a controller?

I use a connection involving a LAN to AirPort extreme that connects to the base station, and come across this problem sometimes as well. 
Proud owner of a XIM3

Youtube.com/d0nskiii     Xfire: Galvaniz3d     Xbox: Donskii HD, vIIv Don

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:55 AM - 12/09/09 »
I *think* our problem started after a firmware upgrade to our router.  It was also coincidentally at the same time as MW2 coming out, so it's tough to say.  Lately he hasn't been kicked out of many (or any) games.  He's also not a XIM user.

Online Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:16 AM - 12/09/09 »
...it happened to me frequently (in my original console), all of a sudden this 2 red led thing flashed...it'as then sign of RROD...i can't boot up even following what the customer service guy's trying to tell me over the phone....

...with the replacement console, still happens to me but all because of the router...i just turn off the router (since it is turned on 24/7,...usually) and let it cool down for 10mins...after that, everything's back to normal....(thinking of returning my router to my ISP for better replacement)...