XIM Community

[ACTIVE] S3 Pairing Issue  (Read 1161 times)

Offline avuoso

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sleev0fWizard
[ACTIVE] S3 Pairing Issue
« on: 01:38 PM - 03/19/15 »
I am using  an S3 and have paired and created game profiles with my Xim4 already. Today I tried to connect to my Xim4 and it's giving me the read error when trying to connect via the manager. I unpaired the device and now  I am getting the "incorrect passkey" error. I'm not a xim4e user and I've tried turning the BT off an on and paring with no luck.
« Last Edit: 01:54 PM - 03/19/15 by OBsIV »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: S3 Pairing Issue
« Reply #1 on: 01:53 PM - 03/19/15 »
It seems like the pairing info on your phone was lost. Have you tried to re-pair?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] S3 Pairing Issue
« Reply #2 on: 02:36 PM - 03/19/15 »
Also, what version of the firmware and manager are you using?  If you can connect Manager via wired connection to PC, you can select ABOUT from the corner menu to see both versions.  Ideally, we'd want you to be on 20141114 or later, as there were some issues solved by that firmware.

If not, click the Downloads link in my signature, then download and install both the 20141114 firmware and the manager.  Note they are installed by separate installers, so be sure to get both.

Offline avuoso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:44 PM - 03/20/15 »
I have tried re-pairing multiple times and that's when I'm getting the "incorrect passkey" message on the phone.  Not sure what firmware is on the XIM itself, but I just got it a couple weeks ago and the manager is whatever is on Googles store within the past two weeks. It's just odd that it was working just fine and then started giving me the long "read" error when trying to connect via the manager. I'll try updating the firmware and see what happens.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 02:26 PM - 03/20/15 »
The suggestion is to factory restore your XIM4 using the 20141114 firmware and also un-pair your XIM4 from your phone. I recommend fully clearing Bluetooth on your phone. Go to Settings and Apps. Goto Running processes and select Bluetooth Service and Stop and clear Cache and Data and reboot your phone.

After this do a normal pairing of your XIM4.

Offline avuoso

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:06 AM - 03/21/15 »
Well i plugged my 4 into a usb port on my pc at home and had no problem pairing the S3 with it.  Is there possibly a bug that when powered by the XBox One it can have problems pairing?  My firmware is still the 20140619 version and i have downloaded the latest.  My question is, is the only way to connect to and update the firmware on the 4 through BT on a pc or mac?  My computer is an older self-build and doesn't have BT capability.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 09:07 AM - 03/21/15 »
You only upgrade wired via a PC. I highly recommend upgrading as it fixes several Bluetooth connection issues.

Admin