XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM4 - Cannot Bind Buttons  (Read 5955 times)

Offline R0ny

• View Profile
[RESOLVED] XIM4 - Cannot Bind Buttons
« on: 06:59 PM - 03/18/15 »
Hello All,

I just got my XIM4 today and am trying to set it up. I got it to power up correctly, connect through bluetooth, recognize my keyboard, mouse, and controller.

I am using:
- Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech G500 Mouse
- Xbox ONE

I see the 4 icons at the top of the manager on my phone. The Xim4 is updated, the leds seem to be working correctly, and I cant find any other problems.

When I try to adjust the button mappings, All I see is "Listening..." in the box. It wont pickup any inputs.

I would also like to know how I can make sure if my xbox oen controller is connected through the wire and not wirelessly? I took out the batteries just to make sure.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 10:54 PM - 04/03/15 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM4 - Cannot Bind Buttons
« Reply #1 on: 08:20 PM - 03/18/15 »
Welcome to the community. To confirm, you are using firmware version 20141114?

Can you tell us what you see on Managers' main screen when you press buttons on your mouse and G13? Do you see those show up on the screen towards the bottom like in the instructional videos?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline R0ny

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM4 - Cannot Bind Buttons
« Reply #2 on: 08:45 PM - 03/18/15 »
Hi OBsIV.

Yes I am on the latest firmware, 20141114.

I dont see anything in the manager. No matter what I press, on the mouse or the G13.

What am I missing here?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 08:50 PM - 03/18/15 »
I'm not sure yet -- this is strange. Your peripherals are all lit up?

Offline R0ny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:33 AM - 03/19/15 »
Yup, all lit up. The G13 LED is on, and so is the DPI indicator on the mouse. I tried to swapping the ports just to see if I was going crazy but then nothing lit up, so I know I've plugged them in correctly.

I am going to try different usb cables tonight and report back. Do I have to plug the xim into the back USB ports or the side one on the XBOX1? Or does it matter?

I have another question. Lets say I power up the XIM by plugging the main usb wire into anything that provides power. Can I then connect to the XIM using my phone? I should be able to right? What I am trying to get at here is that the XIM should be taking in input as long as it has power correct?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 09:54 AM - 03/19/15 »
Lets try this -- wired mode. Plug in everything into your XIM4 as normal. Then plug it into your PC and press P when you see the startup light sequence. Then run the PC version of Manager. It'll connect wired for configuration. Do you see your button presses?

(There is an instructional video on this for more information call "Wired XIM4 Configuration".

Offline R0ny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:26 PM - 03/19/15 »
Ok. I will try this along with the Cables tonight and report back.

Thanks for the assistance so far OBsIV

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 12:43 PM - 03/19/15 »
Thanks for trying this out. This is an odd one but we will figure it out.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:13 PM - 03/19/15 »
Another thing that would cause the same issue is the (very common) misunderstanding that, when binding buttons via Manager on PC, the mouse and keyboard must be connected to the XIM4 and not the PC.

Offline R0ny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:06 PM - 03/23/15 »
Hi OBsIV,

I tried out the wired mode and the PC version of the XIM manager. And it DOES pickup the inputs.
I can see the button presses on screen. Now I am totally confused as to why this is happening.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:02 PM - 03/23/15 »
R0ny--

So in that mode (wired to PC), you DO see the inputs below the game artwork (e.g. "[M]Left -> Fire"), but when you try to bind something to those same inputs, nothing happens and the field keeps displaying "Listening..."?

If this is the case, I think it would be very helpful for us if you could do some kind of video of what you're doing, because I think there may be some missing detail.  I don't think it's possible for the manager to see inputs in regular mode and suddenly stop seeing them while in config editing mode, so I suspect we may have a misunderstanding here on one side or the other.

Offline R0ny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:07 AM - 03/25/15 »
So in that mode (wired to PC), you DO see the inputs below the game artwork (e.g. "[M]Left -> Fire"), but when you try to bind something to those same inputs, nothing happens and the field keeps displaying "Listening..."?

No this is not true. I was in a hurry to check if it was working with just the inputs, but I didnt check if I was able to re-map the buttons. I will try that today and report back. I hav ea very suspicious feeling its my USB cables. I haven't been able to swap them either.

Offline R0ny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:54 AM - 03/29/15 »
Hi Again all,

So I tried all different cables and still the same thing. I Connected the G13, G9 mouse, and my controller to the XIM. After that I plugged it in the usb post in the back of the xbox1. Now I hadn't turned on my xbox one yet but I see the XIM is getting power. Is this normal?

I then connected via the phone but again I don't see any inputs.
This is so frustrating!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #13 on: 07:13 PM - 03/29/15 »
Can you please send us a debug trace. Instructions are at: http://cloud.xim4.com/Debug/XIM4TraceLog.pdf. Please follow those instructions and send to: [email protected] and [email protected]

Offline R0ny

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:25 PM - 04/03/15 »
Hi Obsiv. I sent the trace log to both you and Aiken.

Sorry it took so long. I let the xim4 for a few minutes. Then I tried to bind the buttons twice and then copied the log.

Please let me know. Thanks!