XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Controls froze up on Destiny 3 times in an hour.  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Theriophonic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: S8 Lo Pan
So I'm playing Destiny last night and my controls just freeze up. I can't move, aim, fire, enter menus, any thing. My headset stops responding as well. I tried unplugging and replugging everything. Nothing worked until I pulled and replaced the USB connection to my Xim4. Any thoughts what I may be dealing with here? I wouldn't be overly concerned except it happened twice more in under an hour.
« Last Edit: 08:46 PM - 03/17/15 by OBsIV »

Offline Theriophonic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: S8 Lo Pan
Re: Controls froze up on Destiny 3 times in an hour.
« Reply #1 on: 04:49 PM - 03/17/15 »
I didn't specify: Xbox 360

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 06:56 PM - 03/17/15 »
I had similar issues with Destiny, among other games. In Destiny's case, my horizontal axis would lock up, typically after a jump.

The standard advice is always going to be "check your USB cables". My advice is to slot a powered USB hub in for the mouse and / or keyboard, then plug that into the Xim4. I've had zero control freezes in any game since.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 08:46 PM - 03/17/15 »
Ate you using any sort of extension cables? What version of the firmware are you using?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline gloryandi

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Controls froze up on Destiny 3 times in an hour.
« Reply #4 on: 12:58 PM - 03/23/15 »
I had the same issue on ps4 with destiny.  Controller randomly stopped responding.  I'm using the latest public firmware and no USB extensions. 
PS4 - Mionix Castor - Razer Orbweaver

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Controls froze up on Destiny 3 times in an hour.
« Reply #5 on: 03:43 PM - 03/23/15 »
Are you using the USB cable that Sony supplies for charging the DS4?  They are of notoriously low quality and tend to fail increasingly over time.  It's not noticeable when merely charging, as an interruption of electrical current simply delays the charge momentarily, but interrupting the data flowing to/from the XIM is much more of a problem.

If you are, I would suggest trying another cable.  If possible, try one you have lying around, and if it works better, then you know it's the cable and can, perhaps, budget for a new one.  (I usually discourage buying new ones just to test the theory, but obviously that'd be your call to make.)