XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim4 issue  (Read 2717 times)

Offline gangbuyer

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] Xim4 issue
« on: 12:30 PM - 03/12/15 »
The first time I used my xim4 it worked perfectly. Connected and paired with my phone and I was able to setup advanced warfare and play. The next day I plug it in and the xim continue to show a red pulse but no cyan to show its ready to pair. I flashed to newest firmware using my pc and after the flash the xim continued to pulse red but not pairing. I again tried to flash and now the xim4 shows the yellow light while it's supposedly being formatted but the process never completes no matter how long I let it sit... just stays yellow. When I plug the xim into either my n pc or Xbox it's stays blue at this point. I filed an rma to get a return and was informed to start a post first to describe the issue.
« Last Edit: 02:30 PM - 03/12/15 by OBsIV »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim4 issue
« Reply #1 on: 02:29 PM - 03/12/15 »
Welcome to the community. Let's start with getting it flashed. So, in all cases, when you plug into your PC while holding down the P button, it does show blue? But, when you run the flash tool it turns yellow (as it should) but never completes? The progress bar doesn't get to 100%? If not, where does it stop?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline gangbuyer

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim4 issue
« Reply #2 on: 08:11 PM - 03/12/15 »
The progress bar doesn't even begin. I've tried uninstalling and a clean install of both the flash tool and manager to no avail. Just blue turns to yellow and nothing. And if I try the update firmware option it stalls the program...

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 09:49 PM - 03/12/15 »
Can you please try a different USB cable between your PC and XIM4?

Offline gangbuyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:41 PM - 03/13/15 »
Tried a different cord... no dice

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:26 AM - 03/14/15 »
One thing we see, very rarely, is that the 'P' button can get stuck while pressed down.  I believe the presentation we've seen before was pretty much the same as this.  It's obviously very easy to check: when you click the button, both the press and release should produce tangible clicks.  If you don't feel like it's releasing with a click, it may be staying in contact and confusing the unit about what you want done.

If that's actually the case, then you can usually wiggle it loose and you'll be good to go.  If it keeps getting stuck, one solution is to repeatedly click it until you wear down the friction point between the button and the case.  There is sometimes a tiny bit of excess plastic at the edges of injection-molded parts like this.

Let us know if that has anything to do with it.  If not, your unit may have a more significant problem, in which case OBsIV will need to decide how to have you proceed, e.g. with an RMA.

Offline gangbuyer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:45 PM - 03/14/15 »
The button works as it should. I hear a click on press and release...

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:55 PM - 03/14/15 »
Hmmm.

Okay, one thing to try, if you have the option, is to use a different USB port, or preferably a different computer, to try to flash it again.  I know windows can make port-specific associations/configuration for USB devices that persist until the next plug-in, so it's possible there's a persistent driver/configuration issue.

Another thing to try, especially without access to another computer, would be to plug in the XIM4 while it is in blue-light flash mode, then open up Device Manager in Windows and uninstall the XIM4 device and possibly its drivers.

Details: If you have a hard time finding it in Device Manager, it might help to unplug and replug it and look for the device that appears.  Then, right-click the device and select Uninstall from the pop-up menu.  In the dialog box that follows, I don't think you would normally be given the checkbox to say to delete the drivers after uninstall, but if you are, then Windows somehow got the wrong ones installed and you might want to check that box if uninstalling without it doesn't work.  Once done, unplug the XIM4, reboot the computer, plug XIM4 back in, and try flashing one more time.

If that doesn't make any difference, then I think I'll need to get OBsIV to make the RMA decision, as that call is not up to me.  It may be that the flash memory on your unit is defective.  I hope it's easier than that, though.

Offline gangbuyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:46 AM - 03/16/15 »
I've tried 2 pc's one running windows 7 and one running 8. Also attempted using a laptop... no dice... also tried using a different usb cord for each... same exact issue

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 04:44 PM - 03/16/15 »
So, to be clear, if you plug your XIM4 into your PC with the 'P' button down (and your XIM4 shows blue), you do *not* hear the Windows USB-connect sound play?

Offline gangbuyer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:23 PM - 03/18/15 »
It's been a few days since I've been able to mess with it and I'm not certain if the usb sound popped or not. I assumed the computers all recognize the xim however due to being able to run the flash program... anytime the xim was connected without holding the p button the program wouldn't recognize a xim connection

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #11 on: 09:55 AM - 03/19/15 »
We need to know if you hear that USB chime in order to know the correct next steps.

Offline gangbuyer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:04 AM - 03/20/15 »
I get the usb sound when I plug in

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #13 on: 12:18 PM - 03/20/15 »
Ok, that's good. Then, when you run the XIM4 flash tool, it will not complete?

Offline gangbuyer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:48 PM - 03/20/15 »
Won't start won't complete... the device turns yellow and sits there.