XIM Community

Titanfall Season Pass now Free on Xbox One and Xbox 360  (Read 3771 times)

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
Titanfall Season Pass is now Free on Xbox One and Xbox 360.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/10/8188459/titanfall-free-dlc-xbox-one-360

I just downloaded mine.
PS4 / Xbox One
Xim Apex / Xim 4
Cooler Master MM710 16k @1000hz
Zowie G-TF SPAWN PAD
Netduma to OpenWRT "Cake/PieceOfCake"
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Titanfall Season Pass now Free on Xbox One and Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: 10:44 PM - 03/10/15 »
I wish more companies did this. Sucks buying a season pass and then watching the content die out in a couple of weeks.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Pfeuff

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pfoiffee
« Reply #2 on: 03:18 AM - 03/11/15 »
Seems like a last ditch effort to get people back on TF... pity this didn't happen on Origin as well, I'd rather spend my time on the PC version. ok, well at least they've done it on Origin now. Maybe I'll jump back in for a few games (once my fibre connection is installed).
« Last Edit: 05:15 AM - 03/12/15 by Pfeuff »

-My Setup-

- XIM3 | Xbox360 Pro 120GB
- XIM4 | XboxOne 1TB (Halo 5 LE Console)
- BenQ G2420HD Monitor (24"/1920x1080/2ms GTG) | *New Logitech G933 Gaming Headset | Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers
- Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad | Logitech G310 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G700/s Wireless Gaming Mouse

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #3 on: 09:44 AM - 03/11/15 »
Seems like a last ditch effort to get people back on TF... pity this didn't happen on Origin as well, I'd rather spend my time on the PC version.
PC DLC will be free too.

It's not a last ditch effort. It's something the community has demanded for several months. Make the DLC free after 1 year so the in-game player base won't be cut in half. It makes it hard to find games when half have DLC and half don't... Etc.

One thing about Titanfall is they have listened to the majority of community requests on every issue, except the smart pistol.

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #4 on: 11:57 AM - 03/11/15 »
Seems like a last ditch effort to get people back on TF... pity this didn't happen on Origin as well, I'd rather spend my time on the PC version.
PC DLC will be free too.

It's not a last ditch effort. It's something the community has demanded for several months. Make the DLC free after 1 year so the in-game player base won't be cut in half. It makes it hard to find games when half have DLC and half don't... Etc.

One thing about Titanfall is they have listened to the majority of community requests on every issue, except the smart pistol.

Yup, PC offer is live now.
https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/titanfall/pc-download/addon/titanfall-season-pass
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #5 on: 01:46 PM - 03/11/15 »
It's cool that they are doing this... well... sort of.  I have the PC version and will try out the DLC on my new rig once my move is completed this weekend.

If I were one of those that purchased DLC, however, I would be really upset by this.  Kind of a slap in the face to the players that actually cared enough to support the game in favor of those that have long since turned the game off or just got it recently cause it was discounted to holy hell.

It's a double edged sword.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:09 PM - 03/11/15 »
It's cool that they are doing this... well... sort of.  I have the PC version and will try out the DLC on my new rig once my move is completed this weekend.

If I were one of those that purchased DLC, however, I would be really upset by this.  Kind of a slap in the face to the players that actually cared enough to support the game in favor of those that have long since turned the game off or just got it recently cause it was discounted to holy hell.

Not really. Games drop in price all the time. It's supply and demand. The popularity (demand) is low, so the price drops.

It's not that uncommon to see free DLC. Anyone that complains about this is just stupid.

Should I be upset that I paid $85 for the entire package at release? Yet 2 months ago you could get it ALL for $12? Lol no. Cmon

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Zombie_Be_Gone
« Reply #7 on: 03:49 PM - 03/11/15 »
I really liked Titanfall and I played it a lot but I got board and became a novelty at best.

My kids played it a lot but then stopped. I asked my 7 year old why he stopped and I got the same response, "bored". He's not the greatest but prefers playing Battlefield over it.

If I were to play Titanfall I would like something similar to BF2142 and I think they could pull it off.. Teamwork was non existent in Titanfall.
« Last Edit: 04:11 PM - 03/11/15 by Zombieguy »

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:51 PM - 03/11/15 »
I really liked Titanfall and I played it a lot but I got board and became a novelty at best.

My kids played it a lot but then stopped. I asked my 7 year old why he stopped and I got the same response, "bored". He's not the greatest but prefers playing Battlefield over it.

If I were to play Titanfall I would like something similar to BF2142 and I think they could pull it off.. Teamwork was non existent in Titanfall.
Yep. It gets boring for me too. Nobody talks in game. And I do mean nobody. On PC, you will occasionally see people use the text chat. But on X1 nobody talks at all.

The only modes that promote teamwork are CTF (PVP) and Frontier Defense (coop PVE). Although, you can still carry a team in CTF, if the other team isn't very good. But usually it takes some teamwork against decent teams.

I played it for 11 months on PC, on and off. Got bored and picked it up on sale for X1. Hit Gen10 in a month, and it's back to the same old boring pub stomp. I mean, it's fun and boring at the same time. It's fun for an hour, then it gets repetitive. No new challenges. Same lame human enemy players, who camp and get owned.

It's still a great job for a first release, IMO. I'm really excited to see what Titanfall 2 will have in store. Think about it this way. They will have:

- Twice the development time of TF1 (3 years vs 1.5)
- More than double the work force (less than 50 full time developers, with 25 part time, vs 150+ full time)
- A solid foundation to start with (building from Titanfall to a sequel, vs starting TF1 from scratch)
- Enough funding to drop EA and use Valve / Steam as a publisher... At least for PC.
- Valve dedicated servers? Possible.
- No hard deadline for a release date.

With the exception of switching to Valve, these are all confirmed points. And even then, Vince said that they probably will use Steam for any future releases of any of their IP's

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:58 PM - 03/11/15 »

Not really. Games drop in price all the time. It's supply and demand. The popularity (demand) is low, so the price drops.

It's not that uncommon to see free DLC. Anyone that complains about this is just stupid.

Should I be upset that I paid $85 for the entire package at release? Yet 2 months ago you could get it ALL for $12? Lol no. Cmon

Yep, why would I care that somebody lucked out on a better deal. If I'm supporting the developer for a good effort it's because I want them to succeed and if at some point it helps them succeed more by giving other players a good deal then I'd support them doing that.

And again, I feel more upset when I spend $50 on a season pass only to not have that content get much play because the player base isn't there. In fact through out the years I have learned that it's not worth buying a season pass if it doesn't offer you content that you can use in the vanilla game. Which in turn hurts the developers. If publishers cut the price and/or made multiplayer DLC content free more reactively to player count drops I'd be more confident in buying MP DLC.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

scrotesmd

« Reply #10 on: 07:35 AM - 03/12/15 »
Ill be playing this a the weekend, really great that they are giving this away free, im personally delighted to get some new content after a year for nothing, unlke cod, ill support the DLC with these guys in future if they give something back.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:40 AM - 03/12/15 »
If you need anyone to play with on X1 or PC, my origin ID and gamer tag are the same:  mynameiscolb

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #12 on: 11:08 AM - 03/12/15 »
A price drop on the game is one thing.  You are an early adopter you accept that price will depreciate with time.  Pretty much everything does.  I see DLC a little differently.  It's more like a subscription service.  It's a fine distinction, but I see one, myself, none the less.

Again, I think that it's a good thing for the most part, but I feel it is a little unfair to those who bought the pass.  I am not even one of those that did, and I will benefit from this move, but I still feel a little bad for the people that paid and would understand if they were upset by this.  Sue me.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #13 on: 05:35 PM - 03/12/15 »
Not really played Titanfall, but put some rounds in today using the pad (xim is on my ps4) and even though I really suck I'm enjoying it. Reckon I'm going to plough some hours in. Nice that the dlc is free, I reckon that should give a boost to player numbers this weekend.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:00 PM - 03/12/15 »
Just a note: The DLC is free permanently.

Vince Zampella from Respawn came out and said that Titanfall 2 DLC will likely be free from the very beginning. They are trying to move away from the paid DLC model.

Admin