XIM Community

MORE IN DEPTH OF THE BOOST FEATURE PLEASE  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Legend

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
MORE IN DEPTH OF THE BOOST FEATURE PLEASE
« on: 09:25 AM - 03/10/15 »
So ive had the XIM4 Ever since release and ive never really got into what exactly the boost feature does, the only answer i got from it was it replicates an inflated deadzone, im kinda new to this so.. what exactly is an inflated deadzone and when using the boost feature what numbers should be an average range. so confused about this feature and also does it increase micro aim a bit more the higher you go up ? please just drop any type of knowledge you have on this feature thanks

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: MORE IN DEPTH OF THE BOOST FEATURE PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: 09:42 AM - 03/10/15 »
Boost is something most people won't use as it modifies translation significantly. The idea is that when you start moving your mouse it starts off faster the more Boost you apply. The result is you lose micro aiming.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Legend

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #2 on: 11:03 AM - 03/10/15 »
basically like having a high deadzone, making it more responsive to all youre movements you make?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:32 AM - 03/10/15 »
Yes, but, more responsive in a bad way for most people. It'll feel jumpy. That's why if you do use it you should only apply it a little at a time.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:15 PM - 03/10/15 »
It's best to experiment with it because as Obsiv said it's not for everyone and may be more helpful in certain cases. For example boost does an excellent job in accounting for the deadzone size differences between the BF4 ST and the BF4 vehicles deadzone. The same is true for other games where the deadzone size may change but the general look mechanic type is still the same. The performance achieved with boost in this scenario wouldn't be possible using the other knobs alone.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline 50CAL

• YouTube.com/R6SAVAGEGgEz
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel R6 Savage
  • Gamertag: BattlEyeTM
  • PSN ID: BadAssBoost
« Reply #5 on: 09:33 AM - 01/14/21 »
Boost is something most people won't use as it modifies translation significantly. The idea is that when you start moving your mouse it starts off faster the more Boost you apply. The result is you lose micro aiming.

Could this be good if you for example play on a low sens .. When I played on a high sens my xim is super responsive but I loose the accuracy from a low sens.
 A guy named Shaiiko has the best aim I've seen so I gave super low sens a try (about a full swipe on a 45 cm mousepad to do a 180 in ads) The accuracy was definitely great.. The best out of all my sensitivity testing, I had no shaky aim, long-distance shots were easy and recoil was harder but manageable with practice.
 The only issue with such a low sens was responsiveness. I know it's not like PC where you can be fast with a low sens but *my question is - how do I bypass that*

If there's any trick or advanced settings to keep a responsive mouse aim like a high sens provides while using a very slow ads sens for accuracy.

Can I use boost without a negative effect if my sens is low enough to not cause micro aim issues?
Maybe higher dpi, another sync like OFF rather than default? or modify anything in the curve options.. I don't know.

I play without aim assist btw.

Please help me solve this responsive vs accurate problem, I want a bit of both, as close to PC as possible. I bought the XIM for accuracy but the low sens ain't quite as responsive as I'd like.
Welcome to visit my YouTube channel
Search on YouTube.com/R6SavageGgEz or click the link below ;)

Offline r0ger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:35 AM - 01/14/21 »
What Apex Xim needs is something to help with the end curve. like a Boost X axis outer threshold or Y axis. They also should allow capping the percentage of the maximum percentage of axis movement, like capping it at 90% for ads and 100% for hip. Why hasn't anyone responded to my suggestions with this? This product needs more features that work at outer stick peak movement.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:42 AM - 01/14/21 »
What Apex Xim needs is something to help with the end curve. like a Boost X axis outer threshold or Y axis. They also should allow capping the percentage of the maximum percentage of axis movement, like capping it at 90% for ads and 100% for hip. Why hasn't anyone responded to my suggestions with this? This product needs more features that work at outer stick peak movement.

Not sure what you mean with the first one but the second one can already be done by using the ballistic curve.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline r0ger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:44 AM - 01/14/21 »
I understand, but an input translator won't respect the change. It will push to 100% (non-equal X and Y values)

Offline r0ger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:50 AM - 01/14/21 »
Also, wouldn't a reverse boost feature (outer deadzone of analog stick) based on X and Y be possible? either switch to X or  Y ar 100 or after a certain percentage or cap that percentage once reached that spefic axis. If a new Xim is being releasee, we need need an advanced setting that allows us to chart x and y ballistics separately. that'd allow us to cap the peak curve values of a specific X Axis or Y axis.

Offline r0ger

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:03 PM - 01/14/21 »
i would like to add that in some games, you get a floaty feeling when you reach above 97% and the accuracy falls when you flick your wrist.because the maximum movement starts at the 2% from the highest (100% analog movement)

in Destiny 2, when i reach 100% the analog movement using the ballistics curve, my X axis is capped in the 80% range. If I could cap the vertical axis to that same X value. I wouldnt be having the problems. turnspeed problems in Destiny 2 is caused by this.

A simple "Maximum Y Axis" percentage im the beta would solve this problem. The solution seems so simple, I want to know if there a possibility for this to be implemented in the beta.