XIM Community

xim with my laptop  (Read 946 times)

Offline sam5560

• View Profile
xim with my laptop
« on: 09:07 PM - 12/06/09 »
hi guys, my cpu has just give up on me on my desktop so I'm trying to get my xim working on my laptop. I'm running vista 64bit so I had to disable drive enforcement which
I did through command prompt and it said it was sucessful. Now when I try to run the software I get error code 401, now I've tried the usual stuff unplugging cables and reinstalling the software but i still get the same. So then I went into my device manager and its saying
'Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)'
So i tried to update the driver software by sending the install to the x64 and x84 file in my xim360 file dont know if this was right or not i was just getting a little mad by this stage.
If someone could shed some light on the problem I will be very grateful.
thanks alot sam5560

Offline indy

• View Profile
Re: xim with my laptop
« Reply #1 on: 09:10 PM - 12/06/09 »
if it helps any i had the same problem and everything seemed ok. But i had two installations on my pc...manually delete everything..remove xim360 software and re-install...like i said i had to manually go into my program files and delete it all from there too. And just to be safe i installed in another location on my hd on my second install under another folder name.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: xim with my laptop
« Reply #2 on: 10:08 PM - 12/06/09 »
Undo everything you've done on your laptop.  When you're ready to start over:

1) install XIM software normally (no F8 tricks or anything else)
2) skip calibration
3) install the driver linked in my sig
4) reboot
5) Calibrate
6) it should work.  Otherwise you messed it up.

Offline Urbarly09

• View Profile
    • russia women seeking men
xim with my laptop
« Reply #3 on: 03:26 PM - 12/09/09 »
You get a USB cord and just plug it in from laptop -> Printer. You need to install the printer drivers too with the CD it came with so the computer recognizes the printer