XIM Community

Sony licensing  (Read 23900 times)

Offline user1986

• View Profile
Re: Sony disabling Xim4
« Reply #90 on: 12:08 AM - 03/10/15 »
Is this really happening for XIM4?!? If it is, then i might say bye bye to my FPS gaming career. Why would splitfish do this to PS4 only? Should I get an XBOX One to use xim4 with now then? Tell me, splitfish can't be serious about this?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 12:14 AM - 03/10/15 »
Is this really happening for XIM4?!? If it is, then i might say bye bye to my FPS gaming career. Why would splitfish do this to PS4 only? Should I get an XBOX One to use xim4 with now then? Tell me, splitfish can't be serious about this?

It looks like the topic title is starting to mislead people. The translated text appears to be marketing talk. It would be very difficult to disable XIM as it's a passthrough. That said Obsiv has mentioned that if that ever were to happen he would do everything he can to re-enable support.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline user1986

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 12:19 AM - 03/10/15 »
ok, thanks for that info, i read the article at splitfish site myself and it wasn't translated well enough in my language :)

Offline GODJOEY

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 08:50 AM - 03/10/15 »
Sony would be in breach if the code were disabled, if this "news" is by sf they want buzz.

This will be interesting to see if sony licenses a rapid fire mouse emulator, if so I see them losing fans. Was split fish one actually licensed back in 07?

"Edit" heard they never had licensing on ps3.

I just don't see it but good luck to them.
« Last Edit: 10:12 AM - 03/10/15 by GODJOEY »
I'm warning you, I am a lethal killing machine. It was a secret government experiment. They did stuff to me. Spooky stuff... Anal stuff. It turned me into a dangerous telekinetic. As the ancient Tibetan Philosophy states "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Sony licensing
« Reply #94 on: 09:27 AM - 03/10/15 »
It looks like the topic title is starting to mislead people.

Agreed, I changed it.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 01:06 PM - 03/10/15 »
Been using xim for years I do not see this happening it's nothing more then a way to fool the sheeple into buying an inferior product because they can't compete with the xim of old let alone the xim of today! Sad scare tactic for people on the fence of what product to buy so when they read the product pages they see the licensing and then have no fear of being banned for cheating or disabled ect...  even though it's false and misleading.  I remember when I was looking into adapters though that it's hard to know what's good and not but I know I took that split fish device back the same day such a turd. 

I think we need to educate People though so they can buy right the 1st time.
« Last Edit: 07:37 PM - 03/10/15 by BlessUp »

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 02:59 PM - 05/19/15 »
Hey obsiv is it even possible for them to disable the xim?  Isnt it a passthrough device so all they see is the controller? Im assuming if they do find detection methods that we may have a couple options 1 firmware updates to bypass it and 2 acquire a sony licens yourself.  Not sure the cost of option 2 or how it would effect the consumers price of product.

Offline BroTsla

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 03:06 PM - 05/19/15 »
lol So one random line of text and everyone is convinced the xim is going to be obsolete? I'd wait for something more solid before freaking out.

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 08:21 AM - 05/25/15 »
I don't trust anything that Splitfish says. They are a bunch of liars and they make a crappy product.  They pad their reviews to cover up the shoddy quality and then make claims that are blatant lies.  That being the case....  I wouldn't put it past them to lie about the licensing just so they could use the scare tactic of "others may be disabled" to get more business.

- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 04:12 PM - 05/25/15 »
Sigh this yet again????

beginning to think people are dragging this b.s rumor up for trolling purposes. This is chicken little yelling the sky is falling paranoia. Splitfish has no credibility in this matter, until you hear it from sony or ms that  th is was approved this is just annoying heresay and scare mongering

Xim has been around for a long time and sony and ms are WELL AWARE of xim's existence. Its pretty safe to say its pretty much defacto accepted by them its use otherwise they'd have taken action against its use. It doesn't tamper with the network in anyway, all it does is take a plugged in authenticated controller and feed back the same @#$% inputs from a m/kb

obsiv just post this as a stickie and discourage idiots bringing this up