XIM Community

Sony licensing  (Read 23910 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Sony disabling Xim4
« Reply #45 on: 11:10 AM - 03/07/15 »
I mean now you have something to talk about. How do you reach out? Do you mail or try to get someone on the phone?
Crusade atm: none

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #46 on: 12:40 PM - 03/07/15 »
They have official licensing channels. It doesn't matter. Whatever they may or may not do we will be ready for it.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Hippocampus

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 02:47 PM - 03/07/15 »
Ok, I just read their article and as a native German speaker I would not worry about anything said in it.
It's based on pure speculation, merely mentions that Sony 'could' disable the communication of adapters.

It further states that their solution is guaranteed to not be disabled by updates, which is their entire point pretty much...

"Other manufacturers would still have to 'keep in mind' that they 'could' get disabled in the coming months."

Seems like a pure scare tactic to me to push their official authentication chip.

Since there is no communication with the console itself, no authentication is required.

Offline monsieuremile

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: EricLeFermier
« Reply #48 on: 04:09 PM - 03/07/15 »
Maybe they are saying that because it happen once to them. I remember when i was playing ps3 with the frag fx v1 and sony came with the 1.50 update that completely disable it. Splitfish just release an other hardware that was compatible and said the v1 didnt work anymore. But the guy of tuact made a firmware that made the v1 works again even after the update. So splitfish doesnt seem to have a big engineer team.
Xbox One X
Xim Apex 1000hz
Mouse: G603 12000 dpi 1000hz
Keyboard: G413
XIM Link 1.3

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #49 on: 05:01 PM - 03/07/15 »
Yes you are right, I remember that too. And yes, I seem to remember that Tuact and Splitfish have that type of relationship (like Cronus and Titan).

Thanks for the German translation. As a software engineer, if I were Sony, I'd be paranoid about breaking existing customers by the level of aggression that would be required to attempt a guaranteed detection of XIM (or Cronus or Venom for that matter). A single false positive would be unacceptable. But, no matter what, we will be ready.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #50 on: 10:12 PM - 03/07/15 »
This is par for the course for splitfish. They will lie cheat and steal to sell their crappy product. While I totally despise splifish the Xim team gets a D- for marketing. The Xim is such an awesome product and it's been that way with every version and the install base is terrible for such a great product. Step 1 is that instead of someone selling Xim4 on Amazon for 160 dollars how about selling the Xim4 on Amazon yoursel OB ? The last time I looked there were a good number of reviews for people who paid 160 dollars for their Xim4. When I google keyboard and mouse adapter the Amazon add is the first thing that shows up on my browser.  Google  keyboard and mouse adapter for Xbox one and ps4 and see what pops up. I wouldn't be surprised if the Splitfish sales were 20 sold for every one Xim sold. It's probably worse but that's just a guess. The first device I purchased was from Splitfish because they actually market their product. I was so disappointed with it that I found the Xim mentioned on their forums. So basically I found out about Xim from Splitfish.

The Xim4 will be usable on the PS4 no matter what happens so I wouldn't sweat it, as explained by the relevant posts in this thread.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11:08 PM - 03/07/15 »
Well native speaker  "müssen damit rechnen" is not "keep in mind" but "may reckon that". Of course it’s a pure threat  based on the simple fact that they have something in writing and and a chip to build into their devices. They will try to make sure the money they paid for the license is worth something. If piggybacking is still possible by XIM and CM, what did they achieve? What was the dance with Sony good for? Just to make the device more expensive and a needing a redesign to add a chip and pay some fees? I would take the threat seriously even if with the ONE its not taking you out of game completely. Thinking it was weeks until the XIM could be made working with the DS4 I believe Sony can make Orbital a real hard time.
I am also thinking of the advantages the chip brings like no controller necessary, less latency maybe and true wireless. So those official licensing channels should be poked again.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Sony disabling Xim4
« Reply #52 on: 11:39 PM - 03/07/15 »
You forgot touchpad support roads :P

I find it strange there's no mention of XIM, Tuact or CM on the EN-US site
https://world.splitfish.com/newgen.html

If there "Licensed" wired controller/mouse has some sort of touchpad functionality, Will you look into OBsIV? Would be nice to play Killzone SP with the XIM :D
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 12:56 AM - 03/08/15 »
Yeah, audio also directly over XIM would be possible.

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 01:31 AM - 03/08/15 »
if its true, its just anohter reason to sell the ...  PS4 = (Piece of Shat 4)

and buy an XB1
Shitbox One is worst.

Offline benfeist

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 03:19 AM - 03/08/15 »
You forgot touchpad support roads :P

I find it strange there's no mention of XIM, Tuact or CM on the EN-US site
https://world.splitfish.com/newgen.html

If there "Licensed" wired controller/mouse has some sort of touchpad functionality, Will you look into OBsIV? Would be nice to play Killzone SP with the XIM :D

There already is a licensed wired "controller" from Hori with built in touchpad. Will or has this been looked into?
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=38729.msg486483#msg486483

Would be nice to finally be able to play Killzone.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #56 on: 08:17 AM - 03/08/15 »
if its true, its just anohter reason to sell the ...  PS4 = (Piece of Shat 4)

and buy an XB1
Shitbox One is worst.

Always great when conversation turns into a console war for no apparent reason, dontcha' think? 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 10:24 AM - 03/08/15 »
I do agree that licensing XIM would be a GOOD thing. Beyond that, I prefer XB1 and I'm in America, so screw FX! I can't read German but from what you've described sounds like scare tactics to me. They can't out perform XIM so what other choice do they have? I bet there's never been a further gap in sales for these type of adapters as there is right now. XIM blows everyone out of the water and more and more people are finally coming to that realization. This just sounds like a last ditch effort on behalf of FX.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #58 on: 11:58 AM - 03/08/15 »
It's nothing more than smart marketing strategy.  They are paying the $$$ and this is a definite benefit.  Kudos to them. 

Those that haven't made up their mind on an adaptor can read that and say "oh, ok, looks like this is where my money should go since I don't want a paperweight".  Most folks don't comb the forums, do research, etc. etc. etc. 

That beind said, once they get it, get sick of fighting with it, and see the marketing was full of absolute shite, they'll eventually find their way here...

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 12:37 PM - 03/08/15 »
no one is scared here the Xim will be deactivated. It's more a if the ****ty firm can do, why can't Obsiv?

(Aiken Edit: Do not circumvent the language filter.)
« Last Edit: 04:32 PM - 03/09/15 by Aiken_Drum »

Admin