XIM Community

New user looking for help with Destiny inputs on xbox one  (Read 3381 times)

Offline Fraser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mr Dubbs86
So I just bought a xim4 specifically for destiny on my xbox one and I'm having some trouble with it. One was adjusting to a mouse and keyboard, never been a pc gamer, and don't like using asdf for movement. So I'm now using my controller for the movement in my left hand, and my mouse for shooting and everything else in my right hand. What seems to keep happening is I'm overheating the xim and the usb shuts down constantly. I've turned off controller vibration, and I've even unplugged my keyboard from the xim since I'm not using it anymore but I'm still having the issue. I've tried replacing the chargeable battery in my mouse with a new battery and still having the issue. Any suggestions for that? (other than stop using the controller for movement)

Secondly, someone told me you can set auto fire buttons so that you can use a scout rifle for instance in full auto mode without the perk on the gun. He also told me you can set fire rates or something, so weapons like suros regime (auto rifles) can fire faster as it's like your pressing the fire button super fast over and over rather than holding down the fire button (but you're still just holding the mouse button down once) so that the auto rifle actually fires a lot faster than it normally would, or is even possible with a normal controller. He also said you can set your xim up so that it deals with the recoil, so you can have next to no stability on a weapon (like the last word) but xim deals with the recoil some how, so you can just fire over and over and do no compensation on your end for the kick and you can just slay people with the last word. I hope that made sense, but yeah I don't have this guys contact info to ask this guy how to set up my xim like his now that I have mine, and I haven't been able to find any tutorial videos on youtube specific to destiny set ups.

If people can link me to any button layout tutorial videos specific to destiny. I've been searching through forum posts but it's been hrs of reading through pages of stuff now and I have yet to come across a single video link of anyone explaining how to make things like auto fire buttons for all weapons, or stability buffs, nothing like that. I've seen people requesting turn assists, which would also be cool, like if there was a button we could press or something for a 180 degree turn or something like that. But the stability thing buddy was explaining to me I didn't really understand but being able to never have to worry about stability on any weapon, slaying people in pvp with last word never missing a shot would be awesome.

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
Re: New user looking for help with Destiny inputs on xbox one
« Reply #1 on: 06:22 AM - 05/24/15 »
Auto fire is for macros, we don't discuss them on these forums. Also, you might want to look into getting a PlayStation nav controller, which will be easier than using the Xbox joystick.  As for the power issue, I can't help you on that one. Maybe someone else can chime in
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 06:24 AM - 05/24/15 »
"Someone" is feeding you @#$%. Xim does not do macros, rapid-fire or anti-recoil.

Titan One and Cronus Max do what you want, but it is NOT faster than the game defaults, nor does it handle recoil particularly well, nor will it turn a Scout into a full auto rifle.

All the rapid-fire mod does is allow you to hold the fire button down instead of having to press it on demand, meaning you're less likely to knock yourself off-target as you mash the mouse button. Fire rate can be tweaked, but it can't make a weapon fire faster than the game engine allows. Anti-recoil simply moves the reticle down the Y-axis slightly while firing to attempt to keep on-target. If your aim is crap, it'll make zero difference - you'll be dead if you miss your headshot.

Furthermore, none of that'll help in the Crucible (forget PvE...it's easy and doesn't require macros), where you'll grind your @#$% off to get anything resembling decent kit against guys who already have the best...they will eat you alive until you gear up. You're in one-hit kill territory and it comes down to your aim and your ping rather than how fast you can click a mouse button. And if you walk into the Crucible with a Scout or Auto-rifle, you'll be laughed off the server.

Lastly, Destiny is the only game I've noticed where the controls become noticeably laggy when using a Titan One with a Xim. Lag = dead...

Forget the cheesy auto-fire and anti-recoil "cheats", they're not helpful enough to make a difference. Instead, power up a Hunter > Gunslinger, get Golden Gun and grind until you find The Last Word and a decent shotgun, then hope your reaction time and ping is better than the other guy packing the same FotM build.

For the power issue -

1) try a different USB cable from the Xim to the console, and / or the controller to the Xim.
2) connect your mouse and / or keyboard to a powered USB hub, then plug that into the Xim.

For the keyboard controls, consider using the arrow keys, or get a keypad like an Orbweaver or G13 (I use a Z-Board Fang; the keys are easier to differentiate than a keyboard), or try a Playstation Move Navigation Controller (I personally find the Nav very clunky with too few buttons).
« Last Edit: 06:57 AM - 05/24/15 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Fraser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:04 AM - 05/24/15 »
To be clear, I've had Destiny since launch, and have fully leveled gear, play all the time. Bought my xim4 this week and just started using it. The way he explained the auto fire feature with suros was that it fires faster than if you were to hold down the trigger, as it treats it as if you were pulling the trigger each time for individual shots so it actually fires faster than it normally would by just holding down fire. That's how he explained it anyways, and he said specifically it was the xim4 he was using. The anti recoil thing or whatever I didn't understand, he just said it's obvious to him now when someone else is using a xim in crucible when they hit every shot on you with last word every time you see them. But I don't know, I haven't been able to find any videos or tutorials at all as far as setting up your xim4 for destiny. He is on playstation 4, where I'm on Xbox one but I don't think that would make any difference.

Also I've found (at least in crucible) shots that look like they should be head shots are often body shots or just missing all together, where if I were to just use the controller for the same shot, I'd hit every time. It's kinda weird. I'm typically using Thorn when this happens, and I know thorn has a form of aim assist built in (or just a bigger critical box for head shots) but it almost seems as if that assist isn't there when I'm using a mouse. Anyone else notice this?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 07:31 AM - 05/24/15 »
Watch some Twitch - you'll see guys using gamepads hitting headshots 95% of the time. They're just really friggin good and it has little to nothing to do with controller vs kb/m.

It's much more about raw skill than anything to do with rapid-fire or anti-recoil mods, which are NOT supported on a Xim and aren't particularly helpful on a CM or T1, especially given the extra lag when used in combination with a Xim.

The only way to do what he's talking about would be to add a CM, T1 or the Xim Commander PC app into the mix, along with a Xim4.

I don't like the aim-assist in Destiny when using a mouse. It's sticky and drags my shots away from where I'm aiming. I'd rather turn off aim-assist altogether, but it's not an option.

There's an advanced Destiny setup around here somewhere with ballistics curves intended to reduce or override aim-assist.
« Last Edit: 07:36 AM - 05/24/15 by antithesis »

Offline Fraser

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:52 PM - 05/24/15 »
if you're able to find that aim assist guide I'd really appreciate it. Anything to help me adapt, I won't give up on the xim, even though atm I'm much better with just a controller. I know once I master it, I will be 100x better off using a mouse to aim.

Also if I'm not using my controller for movement let's say, is there any way to plug my headset in and use it for things like strikes or the trials of osiris, etc... Things where I will need to be communicating with me fireteam constantly?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 07:02 AM - 05/25/15 »
if you're able to find that aim assist guide I'd really appreciate it. Anything to help me adapt, I won't give up on the xim, even though atm I'm much better with just a controller. I know once I master it, I will be 100x better off using a mouse to aim.

Also if I'm not using my controller for movement let's say, is there any way to plug my headset in and use it for things like strikes or the trials of osiris, etc... Things where I will need to be communicating with me fireteam constantly?

Here's the thread - http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=39989.0

The controller remains plugged into the Xim4 at all times. So yes, you can use it for voice chat, though it may require some voodoo to pull it off. There's a tonne of info on these forums about just that topic.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:18 AM - 05/25/15 »
To be clear, I've had Destiny since launch, and have fully leveled gear, play all the time. Bought my xim4 this week and just started using it. The way he explained the auto fire feature with suros was that it fires faster than if you were to hold down the trigger, as it treats it as if you were pulling the trigger each time for individual shots so it actually fires faster than it normally would by just holding down fire.

This sounds right. Of course you can fire as fast with the controller too but with the mouse you don't have as much "throw" with the LMB compared to the left trigger so it may be easier to maintain a higher fire rate.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos