XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Can't (wired) connect my XIM4 to my PC!  (Read 5805 times)

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PurebredTen3003
Re: [ACTIVE] Can't (wired) connect my XIM4 to my PC!
« Reply #30 on: 10:16 AM - 03/09/15 »
It should match the behavior of your controller if you pick it up and use it and compare.

Right and left mouse maps to triggers on your controller. That shows up as Z axis in the control panel visualization. When you use your keyboard movement (WADS) you should see things move in that box with the cross hair. And when you move your mouse you should see bars move too. Is that happening?

Nothing happens when I use my keyboard, unless something is and it's invisible and nothing happens when I move my mouse around.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #31 on: 10:57 AM - 03/09/15 »
When you move the left stick on your controller, do you see something happen in the control panel UI? (Remember that the gamepad window on your computer needs to have focus otherwise it won't refresh).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01:09 PM - 03/09/15 »
Am I literally the only person who has come across this issue?

I don't recall this specific issue before.

** Opps! Meant to quote -- not modify. :/
« Last Edit: 06:13 PM - 03/09/15 by OBsIV »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02:06 PM - 03/09/15 »
I have an Official Wired Xbox 360 Controller. It's not Third Party.

We've had cases where people were sold what was claimed to be an OEM controller, but was in fact a knockoff.  It's most likely that you do indeed have a genuine controller, but can you check for some of the usual hallmarks of a knockoff, just to be sure?

- No 'X' logo on the guide button.
- No breakaway connector, which should be a few inches from the regular USB connector.  (Exists to take the stress off when you trip over the cable.)
- No label on the back, or, in some cases, a poorly-printed one.  The real label is quite sharp.
- No hologram sticker.
- Regular phillips screws, rather than tamper-proof torx screws.

If you're uncertain, I'd be happy to take a look at some photographs.

Also, I apologize for the delay in responding.  Your last post was right around the time a stomach bug ruined my weekend.  I didn't mean to leave you hanging.  I know a new toy that doesn't work is very frustrating.  :-\

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02:10 PM - 03/09/15 »
As for your photo, it looks okay, but I wanted to see the same info from the ADS page as well.  I looked at my post and I think maybe I was unclear about that, sorry.

Similarly, I was hoping to see the controller options from the game itself, e.g. take a photo of the TV with that page open.

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02:24 PM - 03/09/15 »
I have an Official Wired Xbox 360 Controller. It's not Third Party.

We've had cases where people were sold what was claimed to be an OEM controller, but was in fact a knockoff.  It's most likely that you do indeed have a genuine controller, but can you check for some of the usual hallmarks of a knockoff, just to be sure?

- No 'X' logo on the guide button.
- No breakaway connector, which should be a few inches from the regular USB connector.  (Exists to take the stress off when you trip over the cable.)
- No label on the back, or, in some cases, a poorly-printed one.  The real label is quite sharp.
- No hologram sticker.
- Regular phillips screws, rather than tamper-proof torx screws.

If you're uncertain, I'd be happy to take a look at some photographs.

Also, I apologize for the delay in responding.  Your last post was right around the time a stomach bug ruined my weekend.  I didn't mean to leave you hanging.  I know a new toy that doesn't work is very frustrating.  :-\

I bought this controller from Walmart and it came in a official package and it's official. I made sure.

- Has the 'X' mark on the home button.
- Has the breakaway connector.
- Has the label finely printed, along with a silver like sticker under it with a bar code on the side.
- I'm guess this sticker is that silver thing I saw under the labeling.
- Has phillips head screws but I might be mistaken.

It's okay man, I didn't realize something like that happened, and I understand you guys have a life and work before a forums. :P :)

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02:26 PM - 03/09/15 »
As for your photo, it looks okay, but I wanted to see the same info from the ADS page as well.  I looked at my post and I think maybe I was unclear about that, sorry.

Similarly, I was hoping to see the controller options from the game itself, e.g. take a photo of the TV with that page open.

I'm pretty sure I provided a picture of the in-game options on Black Ops 2 (game).

Also, I thought I provided a picture of the ADS options. Hmm..... let me repost. :)

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01:47 PM - 03/10/15 »
When you move the left stick on your controller, do you see something happen in the control panel UI? (Remember that the gamepad window on your computer needs to have focus otherwise it won't refresh).

Hm.. I'm just gunna go ahead and get a refund for now. Save the money and maybe later on I'll get a new one and try it all over again. But great product man!! Like literally the best thing to come out for an xbox 360 or anything! Seriously. Although the price is pretty steep, still worth it! :D

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #38 on: 03:19 PM - 03/10/15 »
Before you do this, can you please try the latest release candidate beta (which has many changes around the mouse translation system)? It's located under Downloads -> Release Candidates.

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03:48 PM - 03/10/15 »
Before you do this, can you please try the latest release candidate beta (which has many changes around the mouse translation system)? It's located under Downloads -> Release Candidates.

Aight man :)

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04:22 PM - 03/10/15 »

Aight man :)

OMFG GOD DUDE! IT WORKED! OMG OMG OMG THANKS YOU x10000000 omg thanks bro!

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #41 on: 04:34 PM - 03/10/15 »
Ok I'm going to need to figure out what happened. Thanks for troubleshooting -- I know where to look now. :)

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08:11 PM - 03/10/15 »
Ok I'm going to need to figure out what happened. Thanks for troubleshooting -- I know where to look now. :)

One more question, I can change buttons on the manager. I click on it, it says 'Listening...' and when I hit CTRL for crouch, it doesn't do anything. ;)

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: [RESOLVED] Can't (wired) connect my XIM4 to my PC!
« Reply #43 on: 12:46 AM - 03/11/15 »
Do you have this problem with all your buttons, or just Control?

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
Re: [RESOLVED] Can't (wired) connect my XIM4 to my PC!
« Reply #44 on: 07:55 AM - 03/11/15 »
Do you have this problem with all your buttons, or just Control?

All of them.

Admin