XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Can't (wired) connect my XIM4 to my PC!  (Read 5815 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: [ACTIVE] Can't (wired) connect my XIM4 to my PC!
« Reply #15 on: 01:59 PM - 03/06/15 »
If all other functions are working on your XIM4, then, it can't be hardware related. You said all your buttons are working fine, it's only movement that isn't working at times.

You are running the 20141114 version of Manager too, correct? When you go into Manager and into About, do you see 20141114 for both the firmware and Manager versions?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02:12 PM - 03/06/15 »
The only thing I changed in the Black Ops 2 config was the color, crouching, and toggled aim. That's it.

Wait, does the game actually support toggled aim mode, and if so, are *both* the game and XIM4 Manager set to use toggle?  The ADS toggle mode in XIM4 Manager is only supplied to accommodate a game that's running in ADS toggle mode already--it cannot convert a game running in ADS hold mode to toggle mode.

In short, make certain that the game and manager are both set the same way.  If the game is in ADS toggle mode, XIM4 Manager must be as well.  If the game is in ADS hold mode, XIM4 Manager must be as well.  Mismatched settings would very likely produce the issue you've seen.

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PurebredTen3003
« Reply #17 on: 03:58 PM - 03/06/15 »
If all other functions are working on your XIM4, then, it can't be hardware related. You said all your buttons are working fine, it's only movement that isn't working at times.

You are running the 20141114 version of Manager too, correct? When you go into Manager and into About, do you see 20141114 for both the firmware and Manager versions?

Both, the XIM4 and the Manager are version 20141114. And there is nothing wrong with keyboard functions.

The only thing I changed in the Black Ops 2 config was the color, crouching, and toggled aim. That's it.

Wait, does the game actually support toggled aim mode, and if so, are *both* the game and XIM4 Manager set to use toggle?  The ADS toggle mode in XIM4 Manager is only supplied to accommodate a game that's running in ADS toggle mode already--it cannot convert a game running in ADS hold mode to toggle mode.

In short, make certain that the game and manager are both set the same way.  If the game is in ADS toggle mode, XIM4 Manager must be as well.  If the game is in ADS hold mode, XIM4 Manager must be as well.  Mismatched settings would very likely produce the issue you've seen.

Okay, so I turned off toggle and turned it on and both have the same problem. But I tried something this time, I restored my XIM4 to factory defaults, uninstalled the Manager, re-installed it for fresh settings and configs, and now when I join a game, I have to aim in to look around. And this is without messing with any settings at all except color. I don't have to double tap right mouse to aim and look, I just have to tap it once now, but now I can't look around while in hip fire mode. So something is going on.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05:59 PM - 03/06/15 »
It sounds to me like you have a "southpaw" or "reversed" style mode selected for your analog stick behaviors, or some similar variation, in the actual game's options.  Please check your in-game settings and be sure you didn't accidentally change it from the default.  I don't know if there are separate settings for hip mode vs. aiming, so be sure to look and make sure you're not missing anything.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06:04 PM - 03/06/15 »
PS: Also, if you look at the Mouse sections for both Hip and ADS in XIM4 Manager, clicking the Advanced button, you'll see a checkbox for "Left Stick".  Make sure they are not getting set differently somehow, either by you or a bug.  In all but some rare cases, that checkbox should be set the same in all sub-configs (Hip, ADS, etc.).

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06:10 PM - 03/06/15 »
It sounds to me like you have a "southpaw" or "reversed" style mode selected for your analog stick behaviors, or some similar variation, in the actual game's options.  Please check your in-game settings and be sure you didn't accidentally change it from the default.  I don't know if there are separate settings for hip mode vs. aiming, so be sure to look and make sure you're not missing anything.

It's not that either. All are set to default. My sensitivity is at 14 (Insane) and I turned controller vibration off on the game and on the console.

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06:11 PM - 03/06/15 »
PS: Also, if you look at the Mouse sections for both Hip and ADS in XIM4 Manager, clicking the Advanced button, you'll see a checkbox for "Left Stick".  Make sure they are not getting set differently somehow, either by you or a bug.  In all but some rare cases, that checkbox should be set the same in all sub-configs (Hip, ADS, etc.).

I've tried that too. I tried checking it and playing and unchecking while playing. Both of which don't work.

You think it would just be best if I got this one replaced or something. Like I got my money back and then bought a new one?

Although that isn't something I really want to do right now, considering I've been waiting 3 weeks for the right xbox controller, only to have to wait another 1-2 weeks for my XIM4.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06:23 PM - 03/06/15 »
I don't think this is an issue with your XIM4.  There's a configuration problem, somehow.  A defective unit would almost certainly fail in a much more catastrophic manner, rather than simply swapping sticks while in ADS, which is what appears to be happening.  That, or a massive sensitivity difference between hip and ADS.

Can you maybe take screenshots of the manager and the game while on the regular and advanced mouse options in each?  Maybe something will stand out to us that doesn't to you.  If you just want to record video of yourself flipping through the option pages in the game and the manager, and then post it on youtube or something, that works too.  I just feel like there has to be something getting overlooked here.

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06:58 PM - 03/06/15 »
I don't think this is an issue with your XIM4.  There's a configuration problem, somehow.  A defective unit would almost certainly fail in a much more catastrophic manner, rather than simply swapping sticks while in ADS, which is what appears to be happening.  That, or a massive sensitivity difference between hip and ADS.

Can you maybe take screenshots of the manager and the game while on the regular and advanced mouse options in each?  Maybe something will stand out to us that doesn't to you.  If you just want to record video of yourself flipping through the option pages in the game and the manager, and then post it on youtube or something, that works too.  I just feel like there has to be something getting overlooked here.

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09:37 PM - 03/07/15 »

Please reply. Or I'm getting a money back.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #25 on: 11:01 PM - 03/07/15 »
Do you have an Xbox 360 controller by chance?

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08:24 AM - 03/08/15 »
Do you have an Xbox 360 controller by chance?

I have an Official Wired Xbox 360 Controller. It's not Third Party.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #27 on: 10:18 AM - 03/08/15 »
Can you please do this -- please plug your XIM4 with 360 controller and mouse and keyboard into your PC (pretend your PC is your console). Your controller should show at player 1. If it doesn't work, try again (sometimes it doesn't work since this isn't a scenario we support). Once it shows up as player one and your peripherals are initialized, do into Control Panel and search for "Game Controllers". Under there, you will see "Set up USB Game Controllers". You should see an Xbox 360 controller on the list. Click on that and you'll be able to view the state of the sticks and buttons. You'll see them light up in the UI. You should see the bars move around as you use your keyboard and mouse.

If you don't see the UI displaying as you'd expect (i.e. bars aren't moving as you move your mouse), then, can you try a different Config for a different game (such as Battlefield 4) to see if movement of your mouse is occurring.

These steps will help a lot to understand what is going wrong here.

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08:17 PM - 03/08/15 »
Can you please do this -- please plug your XIM4 with 360 controller and mouse and keyboard into your PC (pretend your PC is your console). Your controller should show at player 1. If it doesn't work, try again (sometimes it doesn't work since this isn't a scenario we support). Once it shows up as player one and your peripherals are initialized, do into Control Panel and search for "Game Controllers". Under there, you will see "Set up USB Game Controllers". You should see an Xbox 360 controller on the list. Click on that and you'll be able to view the state of the sticks and buttons. You'll see them light up in the UI. You should see the bars move around as you use your keyboard and mouse.

If you don't see the UI displaying as you'd expect (i.e. bars aren't moving as you move your mouse), then, can you try a different Config for a different game (such as Battlefield 4) to see if movement of your mouse is occurring.

These steps will help a lot to understand what is going wrong here.

Okay, so when I did this. Only when I would press Left and Right mouse, the bars would move. Not the keyboard. Also, it was only the Z Axis that was moving back and forth. When I hit Left mouse, it went all the way to the left, and when I hit Right mouse, it went all the way to the right. So what does this mean?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #29 on: 09:27 AM - 03/09/15 »
It should match the behavior of your controller if you pick it up and use it and compare.

Right and left mouse maps to triggers on your controller. That shows up as Z axis in the control panel visualization. When you use your keyboard movement (WADS) you should see things move in that box with the cross hair. And when you move your mouse you should see bars move too. Is that happening?