XIM Community

aim assist... test your might!  (Read 20783 times)

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
aim assist... test your might!
« on: 07:36 PM - 03/04/15 »
So there are many different beliefs and philosophies regarding the use of aim assist and its ability to improve ones accuracy whether using a mouse or controller. Share your opinions here.

I believe given the very subjective nature of gaming this includes aa, but ive been here for a while and have heard some very convincing arguments on either side.

Aim assisters/anti aim assisters...  TEST YOUR MIGHT!

Also ill add this link to a great breakdown of how aim assist works in previous cod games by toysrme ... Again for you guys new to xim...

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=7473.msg219074#msg219074
« Last Edit: 03:01 PM - 03/05/15 by amak1 »
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

MrSir

Re: aim assist... prove your might!
« Reply #1 on: 12:25 AM - 03/05/15 »
pretty much required for controller users , extra advantage (most of the time) for xim users , imo

i keep it on , why not

Offline tails72

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:26 AM - 03/05/15 »
I play mainly bf4 on xone and grfs on the 360, on bf4 i have tried with it on and with it off, with it on yes it can be frustrating with it not knowing who to aim at or it getting dragged away , but that can be solved with a curve, i feel that aim assist has got me more kills than deaths, with it off i feel like i'm at a huge disavantage, i get out shot even if i see the enmy first , the snap to with the aim assist is alot faster than you physically adjusting your aim once you go into ads, also if there is a delay in the ads you will be a little off target as you go from hip to ads anyway and autoaim helps with that.

oh this is a little dig at Dale (nothing personal Dale) but i don't think dale really does benefit from aim assist as he spends his whole game in ads :-)

At the end of the day like was posted in that other post you bought the game you play it how you like, I don't judge you i just honestly feel that your game would improve if you played with aim assist on.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #3 on: 12:47 AM - 03/05/15 »
I guess everyone is just talking about COD?

BF I do better with no aim assist, because the game isn't hit scan, and you have to lead shots.

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #4 on: 01:01 AM - 03/05/15 »
I play mainly bf4 on xone and grfs on the 360, on bf4 i have tried with it on and with it off, with it on yes it can be frustrating with it not knowing who to aim at or it getting dragged away , but that can be solved with a curve, i feel that aim assist has got me more kills than deaths, with it off i feel like i'm at a huge disavantage, i get out shot even if i see the enmy first , the snap to with the aim assist is alot faster than you physically adjusting your aim once you go into ads, also if there is a delay in the ads you will be a little off target as you go from hip to ads anyway and autoaim helps with that.

oh this is a little dig at Dale (nothing personal Dale) but i don't think dale really does benefit from aim assist as he spends his whole game in ads :-)

At the end of the day like was posted in that other post you bought the game you play it how you like, I don't judge you i just honestly feel that your game would improve if you played with aim assist on.

I dont take it as a dig. I do ADS alot because Im our best long range option. You dont fire long range in hip. I also toggle my ADS  - which makes long range easier.

I dont play BF - just speaking for COD- AA is optimal... by far... doesn't matter how good your aim is...

Offline darklethal1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:06 AM - 03/05/15 »
janki, i post a few lines of BS or rage PM BS, just to see how you would react, you really think that posting some BS, you can judge and know someone you have no idea, i could say any BS would you believe that to

as far as this “challenge”, not everyone plays COD or whatever it is, and don't intend to, so keep that in mind before you go thinking, that they don't like a challenge

with AA i'm talking about Battlefield players, not COD players or the game COD
Battlefield is different in many ways, being a team orientated game, sometimes if you find yourself on a team of not so good players, it doesn't matter if you use AA or not, how good you are or how much skill you have, your going to @#$% die just as much as the useless players on your team, so you can't say you would destroy everyone and anything ALL the time, the guy that shoves a tank shell up your @#$%, would agree with this

Offline darklethal1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:06 AM - 03/05/15 »
why i like to use no AA, control, whenever i make a kill the satisfaction of knowing it was made without any assistants, the choice of where to aim, shoulder, chest, head, leading targets, drag shots, engaging multiple targets, double kills, triple, multikilling, can all be done with practice and repetition

now i have never said i'm pro or don't claim to be, never have i said i would destroy everyone, nor am i saying i'm better than AA users because i don't use it, thats not the case and not how i roll

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
« Reply #7 on: 03:03 AM - 03/05/15 »
I guess everyone is just talking about COD?

BF I do better with no aim assist, because the game isn't hit scan, and you have to lead shots.

Same here.

Offline darklethal1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:22 AM - 03/05/15 »
you sound like a girl janki, are you a girl?, if not i'm sure what you need is a good old fashioned beat down and i ain't talkin about no game beat down either

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:17 AM - 03/05/15 »
AH now we see the violence inherent in the system.

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:19 AM - 03/05/15 »
You guys are clearly wrong about COD - but - you MIGHT be right about BF. Here's what separates the men from the boys: I wont make opinions about things I know nothing about. I don't play BF at a high level, so I have no opinion on it whether AA is optimal. Take notes boys. ^ this is how a man behaves.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #11 on: 11:52 AM - 03/05/15 »
you sound like a girl janki, are you a girl?, if not i'm sure what you need is a good old fashioned beat down and i ain't talkin about no game beat down either

You took this WAY to far dude.  Calm yourself and act like an adult.

Offline tails72

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:55 AM - 03/05/15 »
You guys are clearly wrong about COD - but - you MIGHT be right about BF. Here's what separates the men from the boys: I wont make opinions about things I know nothing about. I don't play BF at a high level, so I have no opinion on it whether AA is optimal. Take notes boys. ^ this is how a man behaves.
what dale said plus
Even if you did play bf4 at a high level and if you played it with or without aa you are only stating your opinion, you maybe able to back it up with K/D win loss ration and scores, but its just your opinion and everyone is allowed there own opinion, Like i said i play with AA on bf4 and i personally find that it helps me more than it doesn't. but those of us who play with AA are not starting a crusade against those who don't and it is your choice to play with it or not and your reasons might be good like maybe its against your religion or like someone posted that they feel more satisfied getting that kill thats great, but i personally believe that if you used AA you will get more kills.
I'd like to quote LT Kendrick from a few good men here guys "Private Santiago is dead, and that is a tragedy. But he is dead because he had no code. He is dead because he had no honor. He is dead because he had no Aim Assist, and God was watching"

:-)

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #13 on: 12:14 PM - 03/05/15 »
TEST YOUR MIGHT!

Offline g0retekz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: g0retkz
« Reply #14 on: 12:24 PM - 03/05/15 »
Can't tell you how many times I've felt the aim assist slow down on some dude camping behind something, aim assist in cod def helps more than it doesn't