XIM Community

Astro A40 mixamp with Xim 4 & Ps4  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Kiri-Kou

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kiri-Kou
Astro A40 mixamp with Xim 4 & Ps4
« on: 04:50 AM - 03/04/15 »
Hello,

I would buy the xim 4, but I would like to know if my headset Astro A40 MixAmp will be compatible as it is connected directly to the USB ps4 (voice chat) ?

Thank you for your return,
Cdt
« Last Edit: 05:54 AM - 03/04/15 by Kiri-Kou »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Astro A40 mixamp with Xim 4 & Ps4
« Reply #1 on: 08:28 AM - 03/04/15 »
I've used Astro wired and wireless MixAmps, A30s and A50s for years on PS3 and PS4 with Xim3, Xim Edge and Xim4...no problems at all.

I have the MixAmp connected to a powered USB hub, which in turn is connected to my Xim4. No particular reason for plugging the MixAmp into the hub, it's simply closer to me than the PS4.

The A50 headset is shared between PS3, PS4, XB1 and 360 using a HDMI switch to a Bravia 32", then TOSlink to the MixAmp.

Chat on PS3 and PS4 works perfectly. I don't chat on XBL, so haven't bothered to tweak the setup for it. That said, Astros are Xbox-compatible with the Xim4.

The only issue I've ever had with a MixAmp is not drawing enough juice from a PS3 port to power on, hence the powered USB hub.
« Last Edit: 08:35 AM - 03/04/15 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:37 AM - 03/04/15 »
I too never understood why on the sticks of the controller I can turn faster than with my mouse.
Be humble

Offline Kiri-Kou

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kiri-Kou
« Reply #3 on: 09:58 AM - 03/04/15 »
Antithesis => Thank you for your reply. I'll turn to the xim 4 if everything works.

Good day.

Offline Skullz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:19 AM - 03/12/15 »
Edit: Figured it out.
« Last Edit: 06:41 AM - 03/12/15 by Skullz »

Offline HE2T3R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:52 AM - 08/29/15 »
Just got Astro a40 mix amp pro headset. I'm using it on xbox1 with the Astro ag1 adapter. Everyone tells me I get static with my voice chat when I talk. I tried hooking it up to PC to see if the problem is still there. Once I hook up to PC no static at all but once I plug the AG1and back to xb1  I'm getting static again with a Spanish radio station in the back round lol. I'm thinking it's the AG1 adapter not wanting to play along with xim4. I also tried the Microsoft chat adapter route and still getting static. Today I'm going  to get Astros a50 and see if the same thing keeps happening. Anyone alse had this issue in the past?

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #6 on: 11:05 AM - 08/29/15 »
Are you using the latest XIM4 firmware? - 20150816
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline HE2T3R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:27 PM - 08/29/15 »
Yes. 4.00.20150816 firmware. I just tested the recordings with every set up and the only way that my mic is static free is when I unplug xim and plug xb1 controller directly to xb1. Soon as I plug the xim back in and plug the controller back into xim  it goes back the static on the voice chat. So now at least I know it's the xim. Every other cheap head set works fine but the $250 Astro a40 mixamp pro has static? Could it be because of the power consumption of the head phones and xim together?

Offline HE2T3R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:02 PM - 08/29/15 »
Well it was as I suspected. Im playing on black widow ultimate and I like my led glow and that is what is causing the mic/chat buzzing. Opend razer synpse app and turned the led glow off completely and the mic/chat buzzing was gone. So now I have to choose between seeing nice green glow on my keys or static buzzing mic. 1st world problems ;)

Offline Dtdalrymple

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Itz just daryl
« Reply #9 on: 11:34 PM - 08/29/15 »
Thanks for all this info, I've had all sorts of issues with the buzzing noise as well, tomorrow I'm gonna load up synapse and plug my orbweaver in and turn off the led, maybe my problems will be solved :D

Offline HE2T3R

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:05 PM - 09/02/15 »
no problem. Glad I could help :) plz lmk if that worked for you. Also I hear that those AG1 adapters are crappy and you are better off going with the offical Xbox 1 chat adapter.

Offline TintaTonti

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TintaTonti
« Reply #11 on: 01:20 AM - 02/07/19 »
Hello

I am using PS4 Slim and after a long time I connected XIM4 to enjoy playing with KB. Unfortunately, I put in 3 hours to figure out why am I not getting the sound. I read that sound is not supported on PS4 through XIM4.

I have Astro Mixamp. Can anyone tell me how can I connect that to PA4 slim for sound as Slim doesnít have an optical port? My XIM4 is connected and setup, just need to setup Mixamp for sound.

Offline spygen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: v-oodoo
« Reply #12 on: 09:12 AM - 02/08/19 »
to connect the astro a40 to a slim you will need to get a Optical Output via HDMI Splitter

the astro web site list some of them http://blog.astrogaming.com/2016/09/astro-ps4-slim/

Offline TintaTonti

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TintaTonti
« Reply #13 on: 01:00 PM - 02/08/19 »
to connect the astro a40 to a slim you will need to get a Optical Output via HDMI Splitter

the astro web site list some of them http://blog.astrogaming.com/2016/09/astro-ps4-slim/

Thank you. I believe that if I donít want to use Mixamp, and want to use my HyperX headphone then I can get 3.5 jack to USB adapter, and connect my headphone through PS4 USB which will support voice and chat both. Correct me if I am wrong.