XIM Community

[Q&A] Question about KB/Mouse to PC+Xim4  (Read 1351 times)

Offline rakunvar

• View Profile
[Q&A] Question about KB/Mouse to PC+Xim4
« on: 08:14 PM - 03/02/15 »
Hello guys! I've been using the Titan one for quite a bit now, but I just got the Xim4 instead. My question basically revolves around the fact that I stream games normally that I'm playing, and with the titan one I can keep the KB/Mouse running to both console+pc.

Is there any way to do this with the Xim4 or am I stuck with needing to either swap kb/mouse back and forth or have a second kb/mouse?

I'm sure you can imagine how much of a PITA that could be with 2 kb's/mouse lol.. I was thinking maybe if I just plug the Titan one in for the controller port it would work but alas that does not. Sorry for the trouble, hoping this will be an easy fix main reason I was going to swap to Xim was because I was tired of not being able to use voice chat..

*Also I did notice the mention of using the logitech software to change settings on the mouse. How would you do that since it's connected directly to the console? Gonna be looking for videos on this unless someone answers it before hand.
« Last Edit: 10:19 AM - 03/03/15 by OBsIV »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Question about KB/Mouse to PC+Xim4
« Reply #1 on: 10:19 AM - 03/03/15 »
Welcome to the community. Some use switches -- although the quality and performance of these switches vary greatly so some don't perform well with XIM4. If you go that route, I suggest asking around to get some advice as to which work best. Another option is to use XIM Commander to share your mouse and keyboard. There is more information about in the "Commander" sub-board under XIM4 Discussions.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline rakunvar

• View Profile
Re: [Q&A] Question about KB/Mouse to PC+Xim4
« Reply #2 on: 09:50 PM - 03/06/15 »
So with this setup would a headset even work in any way then? Cause atm I have USB to Controller port on Xim, Console USB to mini usb on Xim, but I'm guessing it wont let me connect the controller/headset while using Commander mode?

Offline Cybie

• Expert Cutter
    • View Profile
    • Cybie's Youtube Page
  • Gamertag: cybie1111
  • PSN ID: cybie1111
« Reply #3 on: 02:07 PM - 03/08/15 »
My headset can either directly connect to the controller via the Xbox One headset adapter or I can connect it directly to my monitor since it has a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Going from your PC specs from your twitch page, The Astro A40 should be able to do either of these with an aux cable connecting to the mixamp to either the controller via adapter or directly to a monitor with a 3.5mm jack. Optical cable should work as well.

Offline g0retekz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: g0retkz
« Reply #4 on: 02:35 PM - 03/08/15 »
With my mixamp I use the USB to go from mix amp to PC, optical from mix amp to Xbox one

That will make it play from both the Pc and Xbox at the same time actually
« Last Edit: 02:41 PM - 03/08/15 by g0retekz »

Offline rakunvar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:37 AM - 03/09/15 »
Yea I'm aware of all those configurations and use them currently, but I'm trying to do that with the XIM+Commander mode. Simply because my console+PC are all one setup atm from the titan one. So using the XIM without commander(easy swapping between broadcasting to PC and/or Console)means I'd need 2kb/2 mice.

Not being able to effortlessly swap/not take up a huge amount of space with all that, would make                                     PC streaming+console playing as well as Teamspeak communication thru the PC rather difficult.  The titan one does that all since I can swap by just using Ctrl+Esc, same as commander does, but trying to figure out a way to get headset to work WITH those is the issue.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:50 PM - 03/09/15 »
We don't activate the virtual controller via Commander unless you actually have a controller on your PC side, and even then it is normally translated into a virtual joystick, not a virtual controller.  By this, I mean that we don't override the native controller that's used to authorize the XIM4 to the console.

Are you saying that, when in Commander mode, you're not able to get audio through the controller, but if you switch back to regular (e.g. bluetooth) mode, you are?

Offline rakunvar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:07 PM - 03/10/15 »
The only way I got commander hooked up with PC KB/Mouse all ports were taken and the Xbox controller wasnt hooked up to it at all.

I can get audio in general thats not an issue, sorry should've clarified more lol.. I'm trying to use Voice com. though, with the PC/Commander setup so I can swap between PC controling and Console control by the simple bind. Perhaps theres another way to hook it up to commander mode that I'm missing?

If it's still a bit confusing I can take some pics etc and clarify more, would love to stick with the Xim if I can. Appreciate everyones help so far greatly.

Offline SkitzOG

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PurebredTen3003
« Reply #8 on: 08:25 PM - 03/10/15 »
The only way I got commander hooked up with PC KB/Mouse all ports were taken and the Xbox controller wasnt hooked up to it at all.

I can get audio in general thats not an issue, sorry should've clarified more lol.. I'm trying to use Voice com. though, with the PC/Commander setup so I can swap between PC controling and Console control by the simple bind. Perhaps theres another way to hook it up to commander mode that I'm missing?

If it's still a bit confusing I can take some pics etc and clarify more, would love to stick with the Xim if I can. Appreciate everyones help so far greatly.

I'm a little simple minded, just a little. So the easiest thing for you to go is get 2 kb's and 2 mice and do that.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:59 PM - 03/12/15 »

That actually might help.  I think I'm misunderstanding something, as your XIM shouldn't even function without the controller attached to it.

That, or a much more detailed list of what devices are connected to what ports on what other devices.