XIM Community

Need support for Hori Fighting Edge  (Read 6913 times)

Offline a-fung

• View Profile
Need support for Hori Fighting Edge
« on: 08:13 PM - 02/25/15 »
So my XIM4 arrived today. I bought it solely for fighting games on PS4 while I only have fighting sticks for PS3.
http://stores.horiusa.com/ps3-fighting-edge/ This is the fight stick I want to use.

However when I plug it in XIM4 it recognizes it as a keyboard and does not capture any input.

I have another cheap Chinese fight stick which XIM4 recognizes it as a joystick.

Both joysticks are for PS3 and they both works in Windows with the default driver.

Let me know if you need any additional information for the stick.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Need support for Hori Fighting Edge
« Reply #1 on: 08:18 PM - 02/25/15 »
you tried the other usb port on the XIM4?

also if its windows compatible you could use XIM Commander as another option
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline a-fung

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:36 PM - 02/25/15 »
More info: Both sticks work fine on my OnePlus One phone via OTG cable and CronusMax stick too.

you tried the other usb port on the XIM4?

Port 1 and 3 both show it as a mouse.

also if its windows compatible you could use XIM Commander as another option

No I already can use a CronusMax if I need to use via a PC.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:39 AM - 02/26/15 »
Does this present itself as a standard Sony DS3?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline a-fung

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:22 PM - 02/26/15 »
Does this present itself as a standard Sony DS3?

How does one tell? On PS3 both sticks work fine. On Windows it shows both sticks with their names.
On a CronusMax it recognizes both sticks as PS3 controller.

I found a workaround my plugging in the CronusMax in the middle.

And I need to set CronusMax's output mode to PS3, XIM4 does not detect CronusMax's PS4 mode output correctly.

How likely are you going to add support for official licensed console controllers like my fighting edge?

Offline a-fung

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:59 PM - 03/02/15 »
Hello, can somebody comment on this?
How likely are you going to add support for PS3 sticks?
I found other threads reporting PS3 sticks do not work (like http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=39426.0)

You can just say you are not going to support it and I'll give up.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 06:18 PM - 03/02/15 »
Hello, can somebody comment on this?
How likely are you going to add support for PS3 sticks?
I found other threads reporting PS3 sticks do not work (like http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=39426.0)

You can just say you are not going to support it and I'll give up.

Why do you need a Xim when the stick should work just with the CronusMax? Horses for courses...

If the CM doesn't support the stick by itself, toss it and buy a Titan One. Same @#$%, different bucket, but unlike the CM, the T1 actively supports Xim4. It is constantly adding new features and is leaving the CM in the dust. At least until they reverse-engineer the T1 firmware and attempt to integrate it into their product.

A recent T1 firmware update added support for all HID-compatible controllers, so your stick should work.

Titan One Firmware Update 2.17
February 18, 2015
The firmware update (version 2.17) fix the PS4 Auth issue when the Dualshock 4 controller is connected into the Titan One while after the Playstation 4 started to request the device authentication. In this situation the DS4 controller does not receive the first authentication packets and, therefore, it is not able to correctly reply the subsequent authentication packets, causing the Titan One to stops working on PS4 after 10 minutes. This behavior is now fixed.

Titan One Firmware 2.16 - HID Parser
January 21, 2015
The new Titan One firmware (version 2.16) implements a full HID parser for game controllers, allowing the Titan One to interpret the reports received from any HID compatible controller (joystick/gamepad/fightstick). This new feature greatly increases the range of controllers supported by the Titan One, including a variety of fightsticks not before supported.

My PS3 SFIV TE Arcade Fightstick works on PS3, PS4, XB1 and 360 with just the T1 acting as the middleman...or in the PS3's case, it's native :eheh:...but macros  8)

Happy to take a video, photos or whatever you need for confirmation. I'm not talking up the Titan One to blow smoke up their arse. It works. Period. That's good enough reason to recommend it.
« Last Edit: 06:27 PM - 03/02/15 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline a-fung

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:14 PM - 03/03/15 »
Well I had that CM for a long time already and T1 doesn't make any different for my need (Use my current fightstick on PS4 without a PC).

I read about T1 and it does not fully support PS4 console just like CM.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 05:21 PM - 03/03/15 »
I read about T1 and it does not fully support PS4 console just like CM.

Take a look at the firmware updates. T1 support is better than CM. My SFIV TE stick works perfectly on PS4, XB1 and 360, despite being a PS3 accessory.

Why do you have the CM plugged into the Xim?

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline a-fung

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:52 PM - 03/05/15 »
Take a look at the firmware updates. T1 support is better than CM.

Both of them need to plug in DS4 + PC to fully work on PS4.
The 10 minutes reconnect thing is just a dirty workaround. The web page mentions "The reconnection procedure takes less than one second". That means it can take up to one second which is totally not acceptable if it reconnects during a match.

Why do you have the CM plugged into the Xim?

LOL you didn't read the thread.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 03:13 AM - 03/06/15 »
Both of them need to plug in DS4 + PC to fully work on PS4.

It's a PS3 fightstick. The T1, and presumably, the CM, speak in PS3, PS4, 360 and XB1 protocols. Xim not required. PC not required.

You authenticate the DS4 in the T1. Unplug it from the T1. Insert the fightstick into the T1 and you're done.

The 10 minutes reconnect thing is just a dirty workaround. The web page mentions "The reconnection procedure takes less than one second". That means it can take up to one second which is totally not acceptable if it reconnects during a match.

Better to have a dirty hack with a less than a second pause, than two that don't work at all...

That said, there is a solution.

You can manually reauthenticate after every round by pressing Select + PS, so you're never interrupted mid-combo. I've tried it while playing Injustice on PS4 and it does what is says on the tin.

I don't know if this works on a CM, but it works on the T1. No Xim. No PC. You just need to remember to reauth manually. Or, hook the T1 into a PC and it'll reauth automatically. Or just let the T1 do it every 10 mins and hope that it's not mid-combo. I let the T1 reauthenticate mid-fight and didn't even notice. It was all but instantaneous.

That's as good as it gets until a more permanent solution is implemented. In which case, this. He's working on an add-on module that plugs into the PC port of the T1. Among other things, it'll allow for a DS4 to plug into the T1 via a secondary USB port, resolving the authentication timeout issues. That's not coming to CM.

Keep in mind too, the T1 supports Xim4, CM doesn't. The Xim4 plugs into the T1, not the other way around. The PS4 reauthenticates automatically, thanks to the DS4 on the Xim4. I use Xim4 > T1 for hours at a time, never a problem. That doesn't work to enable the fightstick on Xim4 (which isn't needed, the T1 does it all), but it works for auto-fire, macros etc on Xim4 for  m/kb games.

LOL you didn't read the thread.

Yes, I did. You haven't made it clear why the Xim is required. The CM should be enough. If it's not, buy a T1 instead.

By all means, keep requesting support from Xim for the fightstick. But in the interim, a T1 already does exactly what you want, with either a negligible automatic controller reauthentication, or a manual reauth with Select + PS on the fightstick.
« Last Edit: 02:50 AM - 03/07/15 by antithesis »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: 05:02 AM - 03/09/15 »
Quick heads up - the CM firmware has been updated to integrate the T1's features.
The CM should now be able to do what you want, without the Xim.